Hello! Live from the World!

Disneymad

DIS Veteran
I'm not really a 'trip report' person so thought I'd just pop in and say Hi - I know Wayne's thread was very enjoyable when I was the one still 'stuck at home' and I also know there's a few of us out here right now too so hopefully others will all be able to pop by here too! :)

Had a fab flight yesterday with BA, yay. Club World is...well kinda nice - I really need to win me the lottery, LOL. Really though, it was so much more than just a flight, I actively enjoyed myself!

Now all settled at Boardwalk villas - looking out at Epcot as we speak - would post a picture but my camera went nuts with the humidity after leaving the aircon, LOL, will try when it calms down.

Had a little wander around Epcot after arrival last night - good to be 'home' again :jumping3: The new Caramel shop in Germany wasn't open yet, could have sworn I'd read it was meant to open Wednesday. Walked past the 2 new Mexican restaurants, they were both crazy busy however this was only an hour or so before Illuminations so expected I guess.

Just getting ready to head off to Studios now, lovely morning if a little humid, so going to be a nice lazy walk along the path I think.

Will pop back later and hopefully post some piccies! If anyone has any questions fire away :)

Have a fantastic time. :)

Now all settled at Boardwalk villas - looking out at Epcot as we speak - would post a picture but my camera went nuts with the humidity after leaving the aircon, LOL, will try when it calms down.

:rotfl: Same thing happened to my camera the other week!

Great to have someone posting live:goodvibes

The humidity played havoc with my DSLR in August, thankfully we also took 2 compacts which handled the conditions better.

I agree with the flight, so much more enjoyable, your holiday starts from arriving at the airport and ends when you land back home.
Now awaiting the pics:)

Thanks for doing this - I loved reading about what Wayne was up to. It'd be great if you could find time to share your fun with us poor folks at home who are pining. :yay:

Mrs TT

So lovely to hear from you. The Boardwalk .... oooooh :worship: Hope you got a room with a good view. Been missing you on the exchange rate thread :laughing:

Hope you have a fab time. Even if not a trip report, please let us know your highs (and hopefully no lows) when you get back.

The humidity played havoc with my DSLR in August, thankfully we also took 2 compacts which handled the conditions better.

Last October when they had that unseasonally hot humid weather someone posted a TR on one of the other boards and apologised for the misty pictures. It turned out that the humidity was steaming up the lens quicker than it could be wiped :scared1:

So jealous, I can picture it right now. I just love WDW in September/October.

Have a great time:thumbsup2

Morning all!

Woke up to a beautiful morning again though weather forecast is same as yesterday. We had the clouds and rain move in about lunchtime, wasn't constant but had a number of on and off (heavy) showers throughout the afternoon and evening. We were pretty lucky when it came to dodging them but saw a few drowned rats, er, people, wandering around hehe.

Only have a few pics for you this morning. We popped to Disney Studios in the morning but the afternoon was dedicated to picking up our car from the Dolphin and then hitting Walmart for 'essential supplies' (breakfast and booze! ;) ), and I didn't want to lug my camera around for all of that. Will try and take more today though as in about 15 mins we're off to AK for the morning and Tusker House for lunch.

boardwalkview.jpg

View from my balcony as dawn broke - for reference if you've been to BW we're right opposite the Midway Games and above Big River Grill/the General store. Bit noisy to be honest though granted this is because we're still a little jetlagged, pretty sure most people aren't trying to sleep at 10pm LOL.

yachtbeach.jpg

This is the view to the left of the Yacht & Beach Club.

What a view to have breakfast to :cloud9:

Almondbrekkie.jpg

Talking of brekkie, on arrival night we popped into Epcot (yay for AP) and picked up a sweet almond pretzel for the next day - this thing is huge so we split and munched on this.

Disney Studios seemed pretty quiet overall, we was there for ropedrop
movies.jpg

and I think 90% of everyone headed to Toy Story - insane lines where I swear the line for fastpass was longer than for the ride! Well we weren't of a mind to wait (standby was saying 45mins though I'm sure if we'd waited it wouldn't have been that), and the day hasn't dawned where I'm going to stand in line stretching down the street for a fast pass so we carried on and took advantage of the rest of the park that was deserted!

New York - can see them starting to set up the Osborne lights

newyork.jpg

San Fran
Sanfran.jpg

Walked on to Muppets, Great Movie, stopped for a coffee and cake at my favourite place in Studios, The Writers Stop. This is a carrot cake cookie - delicious...and huge! Size of a tea plate and great value at $2.95 - we struggled to eat this between the 2 of us - we struggled on valiantly though ;)
carrotcake.jpg

Popped in and watched Indiana Jones, and then was starting to get a little hot, humid and we had to head out soon for the car so we wandered out slowly via the shops.

Nothing exciting to report after that, except we did hit Perkins for dinner and I had the most yummy shrimp pasta there *drool* but no piccies as no camera. Dropped off our stuff and popped over to Martha's Vineyard and the Ale and Compass in Y&BC resort for a couple of cocktails. Crews Cup was busy so we skipped that and came back for an early night.

Anyhow, gotta fly as critters at AK await me! Have a great day all :)

Thank you for the update, Carrot cake cookie on my list for next year, that looks delicious. Enjoy AK.:thumbsup2

Wow that carrot cake cookie does look impressive.

Thanks for the updates - I will be checking in regularly :thumbsup2

DS and DH usually opt for a Butterfinger cupcake at Starring Rolls. That carrot cake cookie looks like it's right up my street though.:goodvibes

DS and DH usually opt for a Butterfinger cupcake at Starring Rolls. That carrot cake cookie looks like it's right up my street though.:goodvibes

Just had a look (don't click on links if you are hungry:rotfl2:) I thought it was Butterfinger cup cake we once got in Disney Quest, none of us were impressed
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2009/10/05/you-wont-believe-this-snack-butterfinger-muffin/

But looking at the pics it was this we had http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/02/15/disney-chocolate-peanut-butter-cupcake/

Hope they still do the carrot cake cookie next year.:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter