Height questions

amberpi

DIS Veteran
How tall are you? Do you like the height you are? Your partner or kids? I have friends were she is 6'1 and he's probably 5'7 and they're perfect together.

For my part, I'm a boring 5'4-5'5 and always wished I was a bit taller. My DH is just shy of 6' and says he would have liked to have cleared it. He projects taller. My ex was the opposite, quite tall and projected not as much. Any of you have kids that are taller than you are?

I’m five ten. I like being tall. Dh is six two and projects very large. I like that about him as it makes me feel very feminine. I’ve dated guys where I was taller and bigger and it didn’t quite work for me. Our three kids are all very tall for their ages.

I’m five ten. I like being tall. Dh is six two and projects very large. I like that about him as it makes me feel very feminine. I’ve dated guys where I was taller and bigger and it didn’t quite work for me. Our three kids are all very tall for their ages.

Oh! I'd love to be that tall...but the only way that's happening is in heels too tall for me to walk in! Ya'll sound like an adorable family.

I'm 5'9" and my wife is 5'2" (and 1/4" if you ask her :p). I would have preferred to be a little taller, but genetics and all that :p

My older son (17) is about 5' 10", but (again, thanks to genetics) hasn't really grown much since he was 14, so he's likely done growing. Younger son (13) is around 5' 4" now, I think. Pediatrician seems to think he'll end up being a little taller than his brother, just with a totally different growth pattern (steady versus a major spurt). 6 foot tall is, IMO, a good height for a guy - I am hoping my younger son will get there.

How tall are you? Do you like the height you are? Your partner or kids? I have friends were she is 6'1 and he's probably 5'7 and they're perfect together.

For my part, I'm a boring 5'4-5'5 and always wished I was a bit taller. My DH is just shy of 6' and says he would have liked to have cleared it. He projects taller. My ex was the opposite, quite tall and projected not as much. Any of you have kids that are taller than you are?

Hmmm my husband and I are the same heights as you and your husband, it works for us. I have always wanted bigger boobs but for some reason I have never really minded my height.

I am the same height as my mom and built pretty much just like her. My dad was pretty short 5'9" ish and all three of my brothers are well over 6', so who knows where that came from, as there are no other real tall people on my dad's side of the family and it has to come from him as two of my brothers are my dad's from his first marriage but all 3 are very tall.

I'm 5'8....I'm good with it, but growing up it was too tall.
DH is 6'4"
DS is 6'5"
DD is 5'10"

I'm just shy of 5' 3 1/2'', my husband is 6' 5 1/2'' The height difference is fine for us..though there are times my husband puts things up real tall and I can't reach them without the step ladder lol. The main issue my husband usually has is showerheads that are too short for him. When we had our house built we raised up his showerhead a few more inches though we kept mine at the standard height. Cars are also sometimes an issue. He prefers cars without sun or moon roofs since he gets a few inches more out of the height.

My dad is 6' 2'' and my mom was 5' 3 1/2'' but has since shrunk just a hair.

My sister is 6' she took after my dad and I took after my mom.

Hmmm my husband and I are the same heights as you and your husband, it works for us. I have always wanted bigger boobs but for some reason I have never really minded my height.

I am the same height as my mom and built pretty much just like her. My dad was pretty short 5'9" ish and all three of my brothers are well over 6', so who knows where that came from, as there are no other real tall people on my dad's side of the family and it has to come from him as two of my brothers are my dad's from his first marriage but all 3 are very tall.

We sound so alike! Every couple of years I really consider buying myself some boobs, so I get you. Bonus side, I can wear sundresses all summer without a proper bra.

I'm vertically challenged at 5'4", and really wish that I was at least 5'6". DH is 5'10". DD13 just passed me in height :sad1:, and DD11 will probably pass me at some point as well. The boys, eh, only time will tell. DD13 has always been tall for her age though, and clearly DD11 is following suit now.

We sound so alike! Every couple of years I really consider buying myself some boobs, so I get you. Bonus side, I can wear sundresses all summer without a proper bra.
My issue with clothing really is I have a short waist and a lot of clothing is made for longer waists, at least longer than me lol.

I'm 5'9" and it's fine with me. I'm a pretty "average" build, though I work out hard so I like to think I'm in good shape and have a broader than average look.

DW is about 5'4", but because she's really muscle bound she looks bigger.

DS14 is now around 5'6". He keeps saying he's going to be 6'2", and I keep having to remind him that nobody in my family (that I'm aware of...don't know much) or DWs family is even 6', let alone taller. He points to his size 12 feet...then I remind him that I wear size 12 too and I'm only average height.

Not even sure exactly how tall my twins are. DS10 is around 5', and DD10 is around 4'9".

My issue with clothing really is I have a short waist and a lot of clothing is made for longer waists, at least longer than me lol.

Oh, I have the other problem - long torso. I'd love to be rocking some rompers, but the, uh, wedgie, they give me is a really, really bad look. If I go up in a size that's long enough to not have the wedgie, they either a) will fall off, literally if the strapless variety, or b) I end up exposing side boob due to the garment being too big. Can you tell I really wish I could wear them and have tried on a ton?

I'm about 166 cm and for the most part I'm okay with it, though I wouldn't mind being taller either. I'm also quite thin so I'm naturally tiny, which means that many clothes I really like are way too large for me.

Oh, I have the other problem - long torso. I'd love to be rocking some rompers, but the, uh, wedgie, they give me is a really, really bad look. If I go up in a size that's long enough to not have the wedgie, they either a) will fall off, literally if the strapless variety, or b) I end up exposing side boob due to the garment being too big. Can you tell I really wish I could wear them and have tried on a ton?
I've seen the rompers and thought "oh those would be so cute" and then I realize nope it would never work..the proportions would be completely off on me lol.

You've probably got really long legs and that can't suck.
I think I actually have average leg to height ratio if looking at inseam and height lol. I blame my mom she's got a short waist too.

DH and I come from families of tall people.

At 6 '2", DH is the second shortest of 4 brothers.

I'm 5' 8.5" and so is my mom. My dad is 6' 4" .
All but one of my cousins (i'm an only) is taller than me, with one being 6' 8"

Our DD is 5' 9"

I'm 5'4-1/2" (don't forget the .5!) and am the shortest of all my siblings. The only reason I'm taller than my mother is because she's taken to shrinking with age.
The ex is close to 5'9" and our boys are 6' and taller now.
People always think I'm taller than I really am which I attribute to high heels and good posture, LOL.
The man was 5'8" when I met him.

Last edited:
I'm 5'1" and the shortest person in my entire extended family, aside from the younger ones who are still growing (and even some of them are already taller than me). When I was a teenager, I *hated* being so short, but I've mostly come to terms with it now. I wear heels a lot though, and by heels I mean at least 2" and usually 3"-4", and by a lot I mean nearly every day. I find that if I'm not in heels, I have to work hard at not feeling "dumpy" (because I'm also a little on the round side). I have really good posture and an "authoritative" stride (whatever that means), which I've been told makes me seem taller than I am.

I'm 5'0", although the doctor's office lately keeps trying to tell me I'm slightly under that. I don't think I'm old enough to be shrinking yet? My sister is even shorter than me by an inch or two and my mom is also tiny. My husband is 5'11". My son is getting worried because he's one of the shortest kids in his class. A neighborhood boy who is half his age is already the same height he is! I hope he ends up close to DH's height when he's done growing.

I have a hard time with some clothes. I can't sew, so finding pants that fit me in the length is a pain. They say "petite" clothes are supposed to be for heights 5'4" and under but that's not reality. Most of them are built for 5'4" women exactly and therefore are 4 inches too long on me. Capris come to my ankles and just look like too short pants. I try to find clothes in the juniors section sometimes. I also have a short torso, so I'm glad that one piece bathing suits aren't the only options anymore. I'd find one that fit me in the hips but then the shoulder straps would come up to my ears! Thank goodness for two-piece bathing suits!

I'll admit that being this short causes lots of frustrations. When buying a car I had to eliminate some models completely because even on the highest setting, my feet still couldn't reach the pedals. Same thing when I went to buy an exercise bike. Probably 75% of the models I researched didn't adjust enough to fit me.

I can't really imagine what it would be like to be taller though. I hate heels and have really sensitive feet, so I'm pretty much stuck being short. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter