Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Not the type of ride I would expect from this IP but knowing Tokyo this has the potential to be cool.

Not saying it should close to be rethemed but Buzz in the US parks needs a refresh. Or at least the ability to remove the guns from the Florida version.

Tomorrowland in Tokyo is going to be VERY interesting in a few years, between the Space Mountain overhaul and this.

I read someone suggest that the new Space Mountain could get a Buzz theme. They were just conjecturing, but I thought that could be a cool idea.

I like Ralph getting a ride, and I'm not precious about Buzz. However, I don't like the Tomorrowland theming slowly disappearing from the parks. WDW's is bad enough.

If I recall correctly, Space Mountain isn't just an overhaul but being rebuilt from the ground up! I can't wait to get to Tokyo some day.

They are currently completely building a brand new one right behind the old one. You can see it if you Google. TDR Explorer had some pictures recently. This allows them to actually expand Tomorrowland in size, not just attractions.

Unrelated to Ralph in Tokyo, but something just hit me:

I really feel like Bob Iger needs to leave Disney sooner than later before he spreads the notion that "ideas are very dangerous things"!

This is especially in consideration to the animated Disney features that are coming and his agenda of favoring IP (current and overdone IP especially) over original park ideas when Disney's Animal Kingdom needs original ideas the most.

I really feel like Bob Iger needs to leave Disney sooner than later before he spreads the notion that "ideas are very dangerous things"!
I fear you have totally misread Bob. I see nowhere in the plans that indicates he feels that ideas are very dangerous things.

I thought this was a terrific conversation between two Disney legends - Bob Gurr and Tony Baxter. It's an hour conversation. I especially liked their comments on creativity by committee, the obligation to make things better, the need to keep a childlike sense of wonder, as well as the conversation at the end about how they'd update ride systems to accommodate the increase in number of people who need assistance loading so as minimize impact to other riders (obviously not an inexpensive proposition).

I don't think I can articulate how little this trailer tempts me to want to see Mufasa.
The story seems very disjointed, and where the heck is Scar? Why is Timon and Pumbaa in this? Would they even be alive at this point? And even if they were alive it would undo Lion King 1.5. Why are they bringing Beyonce back, wasn't she Nala? Can't we have new voice actors/actresses?

Sorry Disney, hard pass.

I heard a rumor that the success of this movie might be factor in moving forward with a Lion King ride at AK and DLP down the line.

The only live-action remake/prequel we've paid to see in theaters was the Little Mermaid. I don't think we'll see this one in theaters, but I would love a LK ride...

Surprisingly, the remake we enjoyed most was Aladdin. Haven’t even watched LM yet, and B&tB was a disappointment. Not sure I will bother with Mufasa in theatres, but at least it’s new-ish content so I will probably watch it once it hits D+ although I’m not interested enough to commit the minutes to watch the trailer that came out today… LOL

Surprisingly, the remake we enjoyed most was Aladdin. Haven’t even watched LM yet, and B&tB was a disappointment. Not sure I will bother with Mufasa in theatres, but at least it’s new-ish content so I will probably watch it once it hits D+ although I’m not interested enough to commit the minutes to watch the trailer that came out today… LOL
We enjoyed LM and Cinderella, Aladdin was okay. None of them hold a candle to the animated masterpieces imo, but it's fine: we can watch the originals whenever :-)
I think I'm just not the target audience for the remakes/live-action prequels, and that's fine.

I don't think I can articulate how little this trailer tempts me to want to see Mufasa.
The story seems very disjointed, and where the heck is Scar? Why is Timon and Pumbaa in this? Would they even be alive at this point? And even if they were alive it would undo Lion King 1.5. Why are they bringing Beyonce back, wasn't she Nala? Can't we have new voice actors/actresses?

Sorry Disney, hard pass.
Yeah, this is a home-watch at most for me. Like, it’s beautiful to look at, and I wish they’d apply the technology to something more creative than this.

I usually enjoy the live action remakes (except for Lion King)

Sorry Disney, hard pass.
From what I have seen, the rumor is that the movie is a story being told and thus a giant flashback. My assumption is that Simba, Nala, etc. will be present in the beginning and at the end. They probably wanted there to be familiarity with the known characters but my guess is that they won't have a huge role.

I heard a rumor that the success of this movie might be factor in moving forward with a Lion King ride at AK and DLP down the line.

The only live-action remake/prequel we've paid to see in theaters was the Little Mermaid. I don't think we'll see this one in theaters, but I would love a LK ride...
Hopefully this does well than. I would love to see the Lion King ride at AK.

I know I will see this opening weekend or week, depends on how busy this will be opening weekend. With this releasing for the holidays it should be able to make a decent amount, even with Sonic 3 releasing the same day. Lin Manuel Miranda doing the songs will also hopefully be a good sign that the music in this film will be solid.

Lion King is my most favorite. It's near and dear to me.

Was not moved in any way by the emotionless "live action" and unfortunately this preview does not move the needle for me in any way either. I guess it doesn't help that the voice cast is not endearing to me in any way either. If I never heard Seth Rogan's voice again it would be too soon. They tried to throw a bone with including Lebo M's voice at the beginning there but, argh. And I'll be a downer in that while I really love Manuel-Miranda's work in Moana, I don't love a lot of his other stuff.

I'll stick with the various comics so many talented people make on DeviantArt...

This possibly being tied to a decision for a Lion King attraction in AK is a real bummer to me.

Sorry Disney, hard pass.
I wish they would have done a Scar movie instead. Loved the way they did Maleficent

Disney can tell so many other stories without rehashing and/or doing live-action remakes. Or in this case a prequel...I feel like what else is there to know? He grew up and became king lol.

I'll maybe watch on streaming, but definitely not in the theater. Was not a fan of the Lion King remake (it was painful even lol), even though I loved the original.

I'll maybe watch on streaming, but definitely not in the theater. Was not a fan of the Lion King remake (it was painful even lol), even though I loved the original.
I barely remember the remake now, but all that is left about it in my mind is that "Be Prepared" was cut short and lackluster, lol. I couldn't get past that so now that's all I remember about it

From what I have seen, the rumor is that the movie is a story being told and thus a giant flashback. My assumption is that Simba, Nala, etc. will be present in the beginning and at the end. They probably wanted there to be familiarity with the known characters but my guess is that they won't have a huge role.
Yeah, I just saw a headline that Blue Ivy is voicing Kiara, so this must be someone telling the story of Mufasa’s childhood to Kiara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter