Have you ever run into anyone from your town at Disney?

Back in 2006, my sister and I walked by this guy that looked familiar to me. I turned and looked at my sister, and said "Isn't that ..., he's a cop from our town town, ain't he?"

My sis said, "Yeah, I think so."

Turns out he was a local cop. We didn't say anything to him though.

Last October we were in the hot tub at POFQ when I noticed a lady from a town that we had moved from in 2007. We both recognized each other at the same time. Her daughter and my son had been in kindergarten together.

We were at the Poly in 2004 eating at Captain Cooks. My husband was filling our mugs and a young kid came up to him and said, "didn't you just ump my baseball game last week?" Sure enough...Mark had done several of their games and knew the family from their older son.

Yes a girl i worked with heard me talking about my trip s long at the last minute she decided to take her family. They drove down and stayed at the campgrounds.

My DH started a new job 3 weeks before we left. He found out at the end of the 1st week that one of his new co-workers was also going to be at Disney World the same week we were and also staying at POFQ.

We never saw him, though, and we didn't look him up ... at the time his job had been week-to-week temping and he wasn't sure until the day we got back that they wanted him back at all, let alone permanently (but it looks like he will go permanent, probably soon).

This is prior to my Disney obsession...I guess this quick trip is where I caught the Disney bug......

My DH, MIL and son were on vacation in Florida and we took a quick 1 day trip to Disney World Magic Kingdom. We were in line at Dumbo and I looked over and saw my best friend's sister...I called out her name and they looked over and I realized my best friend Terri was there too. I knew she was going on vacation with her entire extended family but I didn't know they had planned a few days at Disney . ( Like I said, it was prior to my Disney obsession so we really never even talked about it. ) So, we hung out for a few minutes and talked about meeting later in the day but it never happened. She has 4 kids of varying ages and she was there with her mom, dad, 2 sisters and their families so it was just too hectic. But it still amazes me that we ran into each other there!

I am a teacher and we ran into a former student and her familey at DownTown Disney :goodvibes They were the ones who saw me and had to call my name several times because I certainly wasn't expecting to see anyone I knew, let alone one of my former second graders :banana:

I live about 45 minutes from Disneyland and have run into people I know quite a few times. What I find odd is for as much as I going shopping locally you think that I would run into a familliar face more often but it dosen't seem to be the case if you look at the precentages. Disney on the other hand seem like every few trips we manage to see someone we know. First run in was my cousin who was there with her godmother. Another time it was the son of my 6th grade CCD teacher from church. Then there was the time on a whim I talked my sister into going to the boys schools, pulling them out, and go to Disney letting the boys figure out the suprise when we arrive. Well while sitting on the curb on Main St. who does my oldest nephew see in the parade? One of his teachers, of course! Really, what are the odds that a teacher and a student end up at the same place and the same time playing hooky from school? And, last summer we ran onto my friend, Mary's cousin( Herman who is an AP holder and goes all the time. This same friend was there with her Mom & Dad the same day I was there but didn't run into her. I called her to tell her I just saw her cousin. She called be back and said, "Hey, stranger! I just drug Mom & Dad to Disneyland. They ended up going to DCA." I tried to meet up with her but it didn't happen. There might have been a couple more meetings but I can't recall.

One year we were about to cross Main St. when the parade started. We were surpirsed to see a local high school band was featured that day, so we saw lots of people from our town.
Another year we were in front of the castle waiting for Wishes and saw a group of people from our town.

Yep, at least four times! Back in highschool, with just MK there at the time, ran into a classmate, then in college I ran into a friend of my roommate's. Then, in 2000, when I surprised my DD, 9 at the time, with a trip to WDW, we ran into a classmate of hers waiting in line for the bus at Epcot. She was so shocked! The last time was in 2007. Both of us work at our local library. All of a sudden, I said hey, isn't that the kid who comes in the library sometimes? She says nope, but I was sure it was and he kept looking at me like he recognized me, too. Then I saw his mom in the line for the ride walking a bit in front of him. Then I knew it was them and she saw us, too, and we laughed at what a small world it was. What ride was it? Why, it was It's a Small World, of course! :lmao: Now that kid and my DD are good friends, lol. :goodvibes
Last year at SSW we recognized a Disser that I'd read trip reports from and that was fun! You know, back in 07 there was a couple we knew was going and we were more surprised that we never saw them actually, lol!

when my daughter was 4 we camped at FW and ran into her best friend and family at the campfire. She was very happy.

Yep. A bunch of times.

Traveling with a friend, she met a CM who she knew that was originally from our town. I have since seen and spoken to that same CM twice.

One day I was walking in Fantasyland and I heard a voice that sounded familiar. One of my best friends is one of six kids in this wonderful big loud ethnic family. I heard this loud voice and said to myself "That sounds like Donnagail!" they had just passed me so I turned around and sure enough it was. I followed behind and tapped her on the shoulder. She jumped and turned around and saw me. It was my friend's oldest sister, her kids and her parents.

Getting onto the train to Rafiki's, I saw a friend from home getting off. We chatted a few minutes and then bumped into her again later at the parade.

We were at the MK during tropical storm Fay and were supposed to leave for an ADR at WCC. The weather was terrible and I thought I'd see if we could walk in to CP instead. They were able to take us and while we were waiting I saw a friend from home with a big family group. The ended up being seated at the next table.

Side note...

In college I bumped I to a neighbor in front of Buckingham Palace!!

Stacey

YES i ran into a former co worker .. shes now a CM at disney! :goodvibes i went into the confectionary right before the fireworks to get a piece of fudge ... and there she was!!! :wizard:

We have friends we live 5-10min from in west palm beach, fl and the only time we bump in to them is 2 1/2 hours away in disney. it has happened twice this year alone.

Yup! I come from a medium-sized Canadian city, so no millions of people for us, and we've run into many people. Have even seen people from our own city parked in the DVC resort or theme park parking lots as well (people whom we don't know).

We think it's very cool and shows that it really is a small world afterall - I had to do it! LOL!

Tiger :)

Yes! 2 different families in the same trip! And both from our church! The first was in Tomorrowland at MK and the 2nd outside of Test Track at Epcot! We had no idea they were going to be there! :rotfl2:

We ran into a family from our town several years ago at US. Their daughter was in the same class as our daughter. Last year or the year before we ran into a guy my husband worked with(and his family) at DHS.

This has happened to us 3 times over several years. Once it was a
co -worker of my husbands work. We ran into her at the back of Exposition Hall. Another time was someone with a t-shirt from our town and I was talking to her. This past September I ran into my neighbor who lives a few houses down. ;)

I live in a very small town of less than 2,000 and have run into folks from here, one year one of my neighbors checked into POP the day after we did.

The DIS is a small world also. Chatting on a thread, noticed another person was from IN also. Went PM and chatted more, each of us cautious. Turns out she lives up the road from me, works in my town, same place as I, and was emailing from the library right behind my house!

Slightly Goofy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter