Have you ever run into anyone from your town at Disney?

Wow, I almost forgot. We ran into a school mate of my DD and her family just during our last trip in August/September. We were walking off of Test Track and someone called my name and it was the school mate's mom.

We saw the same family TWICE on two different trips.. Walking over the bridge to Dinoland and I heard someone calling my name and there were friends of ours. We had no idea they were going to be in Disney same time as us. Then on a different trip we were in the Living Seas and walked right into the same family that we saw on our previous trip. Running into someone you know once is odd but TWICE is near impossible..

Yup :thumbsup2

My DH and I grew up in the same town, and coming off Small World I caught sight of a friend we had grown up with that has since moved upstate. So we caught up with him and met his family, which was so nice.

He is a prominent neurosurgeon in Albany now, and it was nice to hear of his success. :goodvibes

Yep! Our last trip we ran into someone from our church at Akershus breakfast. It was crazy!

Last year we went over Columbus Day. A few weeks before our trip, at the school's open house, a parent approached me and said that our DD's said we were both flying Jet Blue the same days. Come to find out, without consulting each other, we had not only flew down the same day, but had the same flight home and had ADR's at LTT at the same time/day. It was even funnier because the two girls sat next to each other in class. We ended up exchanging cell phone numbers and called each other one day and said, just checking in to see where you are at today. We were both at Kafiki's Planet Watch at the same time!!! It was awesome, we took pictures of the DD's and sent them to the teacher to show that they were "learning" about the animals. We were able to be seated next to each other at LTT, so the girls were able to get their pictures together with the characters at dinner the night of the MNSSHP (Before they ended the character dining). It was awesome.

It happened to me last year when we were at AK.
I own a small business in my city and I have numerous regulars that I see daily.
We had just gotten soaked while riding Kali River Rapids and stopped to meet up with our party and wring out our wet clothes.
The family i knew walked by, made eye contact said hello then we all did a classic double take. Neither of us knew that the other was a Disney fan but every time we see each other now, Disney is what we talk about!:)

I have to join in on this as well. We went to Disney in 97 and 01 & both times we saw people from our town. This has happened to us when we went to another state to watch a professional baseball game.

We are going to WDW April 9th and we found out a few days ago that our local HA marching band will be playing in WDW during the week we would be going.. but not the day we will be there.

In 2007 I ran into a lady from my mom's club at AK. I had no idea they were even at Disney World.

For the past 4 trips yes we have. Our 1st trip with the kids, we actually met friends there and we all went to the MVMCP together. Our kids all had a great time riding rides and then telling all their friends back home about hanging out together. Then the next 2, my DH ran into 2 guys that work at the same electric power station that he works at. Then in Aug., I saw a former student that I taught 3 years ago at AK in line at EE. It was so cool!

Couple of trips ago we were on a trail at AK waiting for our FP's. I was wearing one of my coaching shirts. I hear someone say that my school sucked. I turned around and our choir teacher and her husband (who was a coach at school too) were standing there.

Next day at DHS I ran into someone I had taught with for 7 years at my first coaching job. Just a random bump into. They were killing days before a Disney Cruise. We still talk about it.

Then in an odd note that same day I bumped into a guy in front of Indian Jones. He had a coaches shirt on from a school we used to play in high school. Started talking...him and I coached against each other and his wife was working at my old high school.

We ran into a family who used to attend our church on our November trip. We ran into them at The Living Seas pavilion. What's funny is that we ran into them a few days later at our resort bus stop outside of MK--we were actually at the same resort!

Also on that trip, we ran into one of DD's classmates at MK.

We were in the pre show for HISTA and DW bumped in to a friend that moved to FL and worked for Disney. It was her day off and she was there with some family at the time.

Jump forward 3 years and we bump in to the same person in MK and a couple of days later at AK.

Nope, have never run into someone from my town, but have run into a student from my school. It is a small world :)

My mom saw someone she works with at the shop that sells the crystal figures on Main Street in the MK...can't think of the name of it. It was after the park had closed and people were still shopping. We were looking at something and then this lady looked up and my mom started laughing. She said she recognized my mom's voice. My mom actually knew she was going to be going to Disney around the time we were leaving (it was our last night, her first). It was too funny we saw her though.

My husband is a teacher in a school district (in north Georgia) that has a week off in September. It's one of the only districts that has this particular week off, so half the county heads to Disney World. We regularly run into students and other teachers from his school there. I remember once counting something like 7 license plates from our county in one row in the Wilderness Lodge parking lot.

Oh--and a little stranger...we went to DisneyLAND for the break this year and one of his students was on our plane on the way home, flying out of San Diego.

Last December while at the Boutiki store in the Polynesian I was looking around and I heard my name being called, so when I turned around it was my 2nd year accounting teacher from my college who was there with his wife and daugther. Then a few minutes later some of their friends who were also on vacation happen to see them, so talk about a small world.

I was in the hot tub at the WL Villas with my father and daughter and two other people. We got to talking to this couple and it turned out the woman was our minister's sister! She and her husband live in town only 15 minutes away from us.
It was freaky! :upsidedow

No one I knew personally, but I've met a few from the St Pete/Clearwater area. One was a family before us in line at Pixie Hollow. It was funny. She kept going on about how close they live to WDW and get to come all the time. Then I told her we were from the same place. She was actually from about the same part of St Pete, too. She stopped bragging when I said that, of course. :rotfl: I also found out a super chatty CM at Columbia House is from St Pete.

YEP...!!
On DD's birthday trip in August.
I ran into a girl that I graduated with!! I haven't seen her since graduation 17 years ago! OMG has it been THAT long??
She was there with her mom *who worked with my mama at the nursing home years ago* and her sister who's birthday was that same day and her little boy.
And then in line for BTMR we ran into 2 people I worked with 15 yrs ago at Kmart back home *all still the same town* And my mother went to school with both of them.
Crazy enough ... we are from a very small FL town about 4 hours away from Orlando..and haven't ever had that happen before.

Last November, we got in line for Belle and Beast in Epcot. They were on break and were coming back soon, so we went ahead and lined up. A bit later a lady and her daughter came in line behind us. We started to chat and realized we lived about 30 minutes apart. Her daughter was really talkative and loved characters, so we spent a lot of time looking through her book and talking about who all they had met. Just this last week, we were back at WDW and ran into this same lady and her daughter at MNSSHP! Her dd was at the dance party at the same time as my kids. I went up to the mom and reminded her of our previous meeting almost a year ago. She was so surprised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter