Have you ever run into anyone from your town at Disney?

pantherlj

DIS Veteran
We pulled into the parking lot at Blizzard Beach in late September. We got out and went to get our cooler out of the back of the car. A lady walks up to us and says "I noticed the swim team sticker on your car, my kids are on the swim team too!". It is a local summer swim league - how crazy is that! It was our first year on the team (of about about 180 swimmers) so we didn't know her but what are the odds of running into someone from your swim team in the parking lot of Blizzard Beach on a day that isn't busy!?

Fun!

Yep, on 3 different occassions. My very first trip in 1979, we were staying in Tampa and came up for the day. We saw a classmate and her family near the Haunted Mansion. They lived less than a mile from us. Fast forward to a trip during college. I was down there with they guy I was dating at the time. We had just arrived in MK, and I needed to use the restrooms. As I was going in, a lady I worked with through my on-campus job was walking out. The latest one was in 2004 when we went with my Pop and his girlfriend. We were waiting outside at Hollywood and Vine for dinner when we heard tapping on the glass. My Pop is a realtor/broker, and a salesman from his office was down with his family. Pop never told anyone where he was going, just he was going on vacation with his daughter.

We shared a flight to MCO with someone my husband knew in college, does that count? :laughing:

Not quite from my town...but almost. Growing up, I went to a summer camp every year and there were several of us who all went each year and grew up together. When I was in college, my friend and I went to Disney for spring break and as we were walking through the TTC parking lot I heard someone calling my name...and lo and behold, it was a girl I had gone to camp with for years and hadn't seen in like 5 years! Small world!!!

YES, funny to think about it now!:) We ran into a family from our kids' school on arrival at the airport waiting for the bus to our resort. And we never saw them again!!

Yes, we were on vacation during Thanksgiving week a couple of years ago. We ran into my youngest son's English Literature teacher and her family on the monorail! She had been my older son's teacher a couple years before as well. We had no idea she was even going. We sat down and she and her family sat down. We all looked up and the recognition was so funny. We couldn't believe it! "It's a small world afterall!" It was pretty neat. I sure am glad we had told the school we were going to be on vacation that week and didn't call in sick!!

Yep. Ran into a family that lives 1/2 a block away from us in MK.

Back during my 2006 trip, we met one of my sons classmates and his family by EE. It was really cool, and we still bring it up every now and then.

Back when I was in college, a friend of mine and I decided to go to the Magic Kingdom while in Florida for spring break. We were in the Emporium and I bumped into someone. I turned around to appologize, looked down (she was a small lady) and it was my Grandma. She was down for a senior's trip and neither one of us had any idea we both there. We laughed and hugged and talked for a few minutes, then had to head off in our own directions.

We were in the Space Mountain Line and some people are screaming our last name.......We turn around to see people from our Church in the other line (ya know where it splits into two lines). Hard to make talk with all the noise though. It was funny. We walked away from the ride going man it is a Small World.:rotfl:
Lisa

That happened to us twice. A couple of years ago we ran into my Niece and her BF and last year a neighbor from down the road.

I'm a teacher and unfortunately I see many of the students from my school every time we go to WDW (I say unfortunately only because I would rather not have students and their families see me in a bathing suit!)...but I expect that since we are all off the same week in November.

Two years ago, I actually saw someone that lived a few houses up on my street that I only recognized from walking the dog. That was strange! Plus, twice already we bumped into families that are friends of friends that we see once a year at a pool party.

Yes. We were coming back to the Poly for a mid-day break, and when the elevator doors opened, a family that lives in our town was standing there.

Also, we were in line for Rockin Roller Coaster, and someone my Dad worked with was in line behind us. But they don't live in our town.

We were at Extra Magic Hours several years ago when it went by a different name and cost extra.

My daughter and I were getting off of BTMRR and I hear someone say "Ms. Carter?" Well, it was one of my students from a tiny town in north central Texas and his girlfriend about to get into the seats we were vacating... and his little brother, another of my students was getting in the seat behind us.

I guess I had talked about WDW so much at school that they talked their parents into taking them. :teacher:

We once ran into my bil by Splash Mountain. We didn't know he was going there with Pop Warner. He had forgotten we were going there on vacation. It was surreal.
This last trip my daughter was dressed for spirit day at school on the way down to Orlando. We had to pick her up at school and she didn't have time to change. While we were in WDW, we were stopped by people who were on our plane and recognized dd. I guess her sparkly gold and black shirt, hair and face paint made a lasting impression. We lost count at about ten different people in all four parks yelling out- Hey! New York! You were on our plane! She said she felt like a celebrity. :cool1:

I don't know if this counts, but my boyfriend and my family both had trips planned for the exact same time without knowing about each other's trip.... we found out about a month before we went.

And then my family met a Cast Member from our town who was working on the Great Movie Ride.

During the summer of 2005 we are a get together with some of wife's college friends. It turned out one family was going to Disney the same week in November we were. On our first day we went to Epcot and went straight to Soarin. Just as we leaving we ran into that family who were on the way into the attraction. Two days later we ran into them again at the Safari at Animal Kingdom.

During that same trip we walked past a family from our church as they were coming out of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" in HS.

Yes.

We were in line for the Robot Race they used to have at Innoventions at Epcot. There was a guy with his kids in line in front of us. He looked at me and I looked at him. And he went "Kent? (city I work in) and then he goes, "Starbucks! (where I work). :lmao:

I can never get away from my job. Starbucks follows me everywhere including 1000 miles away at Disney :lmao:

We were at California Disney and ran into a family from church 3 times in one day. We laughed because we knew if we were looking for someone we probably could not find them, but kept bumping into these people.
We wil be down in December and 2 schools in our area will be choirs in the Candlelight Processional--one the weekend we get there and the other our last weekend. We will make plans to meet them and see their performances. I'm looking forward to it.

We only live 1.5 hours away and we go often, but two weeks ago we saw our next-door neighbors! We didn't even know they were fellow passholders, shame on us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter