Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

If it helps, this morning at 6AM EST/ 3AM PST, I woke up and saw reservations open for July 30th. (They weren't open just 6 hours prior when I went to sleep).

At 9AM EST/ 6AM PST, there were still plenty of Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans time slots for Disneyland.

At 12PM EST/ 9AM PST, most all the Blue Bayou reservations were gone. Only one remained mid-afternoon.

I checked the app one more time at 9PM EST/ 6PM PST and all the Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans reservations were gone.

Based on that, using west coast time, if you wake up at 3AM PST, you'll be able to reserve any time slot you wanted. If you sleep in and wait till 6AM PST, you'll still have a good majority of options.

Although I wouldn't wait too much longer as all the prime slots get taken quickly there after.

Awesome info, thank you!!

I have not heard of anyone not being let back into the park they reserved or even park hopping back and forth. If you have a reservation.. you are counted into the main park you started with so you always be allowed back there.

What day was this?
I’d have to see if I could find the posts. I think it was about a week before we went (last Thursday). I saw a bunch of posts about it on social media (including at least one person with photos/videos who was actually there, not just reporting that it was happening), and a CM who works at DCA also was talking about how there were a bunch of angry people who couldn’t get into DL.

Everyone mentioned that they refunded the parkhoppers, so it must have been an issue long enough to warrant that.

Definitely need to book as soon as they go on sale, which is some time between 5am and 7am, 60 days out?? The Android app works like a charm, even when the website and Apple app are beset by errors, delays, and endless queues. Otherwise, just keep checking back. If you need to do any mobile ordering, place all the orders first thing in the morning, as the time slots fill up fast.

Last edited:
Everyone mentioned that they refunded the parkhoppers, so it must have been an issue long enough to warrant that.

I wonder if they’d also refund the fee they’d charge my credit card for missing a dining reservation… I made a couple opposite park reservations because I figured we’d be there in the evening after hopping. Didn’t know this would be an issue since I don’t think it has been at WDW. Ugh.

I am hoping for a bit of help here! I saw the openings for July 30th that a previous poster spoke of, but that was the day before we were set to arrive. I’m on the west coast, so I have set my alarm for 2:55 AM the past two days.

Yesterday all that showed up for the July 31st as far as I could tell was the alfresco tasting terrace. I also checked every hour afterwards. This morning at 3AM, a few River Belle Terrace reservations were available for the 31st. Reservations for the 1st of August appeared to only be for Craftsman Bar. I have also checked every hour after.

Am I doing something wrong, or are they just not putting up a lot of the restaurants yet? I don’t mind waking up at 3 AM if there will be rsvps available, but I don’t want to do it indefinitely in hopes that I might just get lucky. As I said, the day before I needed to book, there seemed to be plenty available, even at 6AM PDT. Any insight would be really appreciated.

I am hoping for a bit of help here! I saw the openings for July 30th that a previous poster spoke of, but that was the day before we were set to arrive. I’m on the west coast, so I have set my alarm for 2:55 AM the past two days.

Yesterday all that showed up for the July 31st as far as I could tell was the alfresco tasting terrace. I also checked every hour afterwards. This morning at 3AM, a few River Belle Terrace reservations were available for the 31st. Reservations for the 1st of August appeared to only be for Craftsman Bar. I have also checked every hour after.

Am I doing something wrong, or are they just not putting up a lot of the restaurants yet? I don’t mind waking up at 3 AM if there will be rsvps available, but I don’t want to do it indefinitely in hopes that I might just get lucky. As I said, the day before I needed to book, there seemed to be plenty available, even at 6AM PDT. Any insight would be really appreciated.

The past two days are exactly as you said nth. They had been extremely consistent until the past couple days. While I am not going till September, I have been checking every morning when I wake up at 6AM EST and something just hasn't been consistent.

I just want them to open the downtown restaurants past July 10th.

I am a DW person where all ADRs opens at the same time. I thought DL was the same - and when I didn't see any reservations for DD restaurants on my ADR day at 6am EST I was confused. I keep checking.

I thought the downtown restaurants were also opening up for reservations 60 days before? Is that not the case? We're going Aug 4-7

Also, anyone know how big of a group I can make a reservation for? Hoping to make a reservation for 11 people at Tortilla Jo's

I was able to get a table for 8 - not sure about 11.

On my ADR date only a few restaurants were open for me too. None at DCA or DD - only DL and the GC.

Last edited:

You're not doing anything wrong. Everything was working fine with the reservation system till yesterday. I haven't seen any Disneyland sit-down reservations for either July 31st or August 1st. I looked yesterday morning and this morning today.

Thank you so much for the replies! Nice to know I’m not missing out. Good luck to all those in the same boat!

Has anyone been successful getting a table for more than 8 people? We have 9 going eventually and I'm sure a ton will change before we go. Just kind of curious if I should try for two tables or one table for 9.

Quick update: as of 12:45 AM pacific time, there are now some Blue Bayou reservations available for July 31st and August 1st.

I happened to be awake at 2:55am, so I jumped online and looked for reservation availability for August 2nd and I got a vague error message about information not loading and to try again. At 3:00am PST I tried again for August 2nd and was able to pull up several dining options including Blue Bayou. So it appears tables are being loaded at 3am for new dates.

There was still nothing new for my mid-July dates that I’ve been checking daily (though not at 3am!), so I’m still not sure if/when they might add additional times to existing dates or open up additional restaurants like Carthay Circle. Part of me thinks they might on June 15th, but I’m not sure how many nights I can wake up at 3am on the off-chance of added restaurants/table space.

Anyone have a clue when Downtown Disney restaurants are being added? Checked for 8/2 and see absolutely nothing. I can make mine starting tomorrow and we wanted to do Naples for 8/3 but geez this is rough. So it looks like DD aren't being added right at the 60 day mark?

Since I was up early anyways so I checked and there were some added for Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans for 8/2. Nothing for Lamplight Lounge- is it possible that sold out already or has it just not been loaded? I have a feeling this is going to be real stressful.

ETA: Okay the soonest I see any DD restaurants showing up on the calendar is for July 10th. So there seems to be a giant delay here... I see nothing for Lamplight Lounge at all so hard to say when those first went live... Cafe Orleans and Blue Bayou seem to pop up the most.

Last edited:
Right at 3am PST this morning I saw reservations pop up for Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, Craftsman Bar and Napa Rose on Aug 2. There are a lot of new times available for those restaurants for July 31-Aug 1 compared to when I checked last night (maybe earlier dates too, but these are our trip dates). I haven't seen anything for DCA restaurants, so will keep checking back periodically to see if they've been added.

I see nothing for Lamplight or Carthay for the 2nd either. I will keep checking. What I also noticed was that if I click “dinner” or “lunch” nothing pops up. But if I choose 12 or 5pm it will show me choices.

The app is so strange. I looked at August 2nd at 11:30 and it said nothing was available. I click on 11am and it says Cafe Orleans is open at 11:30. I click on different times and it keeps doing that. The time I ask isn’t open but then I go to another time amd my first time is there.

I see nothing for Lamplight or Carthay for the 2nd either. I will keep checking. What I also noticed was that if I click “dinner” or “lunch” nothing pops up. But if I choose 12 or 5pm it will show me choices.

So weird... you'd think both parks would release their dining at the same time. Makes me extra nervous for getting Lamplight Lounge and what a pain to be constantly checking and checking.

So weird... you'd think both parks would release their dining at the same time. Makes me extra nervous for getting Lamplight Lounge and what a pain to be constantly checking and checking.
Makes me a bit worried about our DCA days ... about finding food at all. :(

As of 6AM MTN there was plenty of Cafe Orleans times left with a few Blue Bayou lunch times for 8/3. Blue Bayou sees more scarce and go quicker- I'll be setting an alarm for that one.

Still no Downtown Disney or California Adventure ones....

On the Disneyland website, anything July 9th and on for Lamplight Lounge says "There are no schedules available for the date selected." but when you search dates before it just says no times available. So seems like the end date for both CA and DTD is July 9th-July 10th from what we've all seen? Has anyone gotten reservations for either past that date?

Hopefully they release it all soon, we love the Lamplight Lounge- it's a must for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter