Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

if it doesn't, there is enuf room for you to stop (look around and take your pix) and wave people on ahead of you if you want.

Thank you, Bubba's mom! That's exactly what I wanted to hear, that we can let people ahead of us and take our time without disrupting other people's experience! By the way thank you also for all the great info you provide in this and other threads. It's really important for anyone gathering information for a successful upcoming trip!:thumbsup2

Yesterday (Sunday, Sept 5) we listened to the bellhop at HRH and went to Universal first. He said avoid HP, it was packed... well I couldn't stand it so by 4pm we headed to FJ and it had posted 60 min wait. The line moved at a decent pace and we had time to take pics and see all the "sights" inside the castle. It was an amazing way to experience it the first time. You take it all in, get time to absorb one amazing feature b4 the next. This morning we were at FJ by 8:15 as we stayed on-site and walked on FJ twice!! No wait at all... but even though it was fantastic because we loved the ride, we didn't get the same chances to experience the castle itself. Yes you can stop and let other pass, but you feel the need to go on and get to the ride. I say enjoy it both ways, if you have the chance... the ride is freakin' amazing!!! but so is the castle itself!! :)))

Yesterday (Sunday, Sept 5) we listened to the bellhop at HRH and went to Universal first. He said avoid HP, it was packed... well I couldn't stand it so by 4pm we headed to FJ and it had posted 60 min wait. The line moved at a decent pace and we had time to take pics and see all the "sights" inside the castle. It was an amazing way to experience it the first time. You take it all in, get time to absorb one amazing feature b4 the next. This morning we were at FJ by 8:15 as we stayed on-site and walked on FJ twice!! No wait at all... but even though it was fantastic because we loved the ride, we didn't get the same chances to experience the castle itself. Yes you can stop and let other pass, but you feel the need to go on and get to the ride. I say enjoy it both ways, if you have the chance... the ride is freakin' amazing!!! but so is the castle itself!! :)))

Thanks Meredith for sharing your experience! Glad to know you were able to enjoy yourself.
Actually, at this point, I don't know what exactly i'm hoping for:
1. Light crowds to browse the stores at leisure or
2. Moderate crowds (like your first day) so we can enjoy the "sights" inside the castle...:confused3
That's what happens when you gather too much information...:rotfl:

Could anyone tell me if we can linger while at the regular line and let people bypass us by saying we are not really going into the ride itself and if not which parts we can or cannot see when taking the single line versus the regular line?
We really appreciate your help! Thank you once more and congrats on your wonderful forum!:worship:

Registered just to answer this question. I was there last Monday (8/30) and this was my experience. When we rode the ride earlier in the day we didn't take our cameras. Later in the day I went back in to see if I could take pictures.

I told the people at the front of the line that I wanted to just go in and take photos. She asked if I wanted to wait in line with everyone else, or take the tour. So I said take the tour.

She directed me to a separate line which they are using as the "tour" line. You don't get to see the greenhouses or the room directly before the greenhouses doing it that way, but you see EVERYTHING else. And the line is pretty much completely empty, with only others taking the tour passing you from time to time. You can linger as long as you like.

Registered just to answer this question. I was there last Monday (8/30) and this was my experience. When we rode the ride earlier in the day we didn't take our cameras. Later in the day I went back in to see if I could take pictures.

I told the people at the front of the line that I wanted to just go in and take photos. She asked if I wanted to wait in line with everyone else, or take the tour. So I said take the tour.

She directed me to the single riders line, which they are using as the "tour" line. You don't get to see the greenhouses or the room directly before the greenhouses doing it that way, but you see EVERYTHING else. And the line is pretty much completely empty, with only others taking the tour passing you from time to time. You can linger as long as you like.

Wow! Thank you so much, Cozmeesah, for taking the trouble to register only to help us. :flower3:
If ,as you said, we'll be able to see Dumbledore's office, the talking portraits and Harry, Ron and Hermione at the DADA classroom, then the tour is a great option! It's just a relief to know that one way or another, we'll be able to enjoy all the sights at our own (senior) pace.:yay:
It's amazing how helpful everyone has been, here at the DISboards!
I feel compelled to give it back. As soon as we get back (beginning of November) I'll post our experience and gladly be ready to help.

She directed me to the single riders line, which they are using as the "tour" line. You don't get to see the greenhouses or the room directly before the greenhouses doing it that way, but you see EVERYTHING else. And the line is pretty much completely empty, with only others taking the tour passing you from time to time. You can linger as long as you like.
I think you guys are talking about the other line, not the single rider line. The single rider line is very short and you only see one room.

I think you guys are talking about the other line, not the single rider line. The single rider line is very short and you only see one room.

Well, whatever the line is called that runs alongside the main line, lol. You go to the left and up some stairs into the portrait room at first, then you join the rest of the people (but still in the separate line) in Dumbledore's office.

Well, whatever the line is called that runs alongside the main line, lol. You go to the left and up some stairs into the portrait room at first, then you join the rest of the people (but still in the separate line) in Dumbledore's office.

Yes, don't ask to go in the single rider's line or you will get a big surprise and be on the ride before you even know what is going on.

Make sure that you ask to take the tour without riding option. It is a completely different line than the regular or single rider's line.

Yes, don't ask to go in the single rider's line or you will get a big surprise and be on the ride before you even know what is going on.

Make sure that you ask to take the tour without riding option. It is a completely different line than the regular or single rider's line.

You are an angel, damo! :angel:
Now everything is clear: there is a third line, one for people like us that only want to tour the castle. Very cool indeed!
Thank you for sorting this out for us and for always being there trying to help everybody! :thanks:

FJ question:

I could have sworn I read that there's a compartment or sleeve on the ride for storing small personal items, but when I called Guest Services, I was told there was no such thing and that you had to use the free lockers outside. I wanted to take pics inside the castle and didn't know if my camera would fit in this hypothetical space.

Does this thing exist? If so, what are the dimensions and/or is it big enough to store a compact but not ultracompact camera? (I think my camera measures 3x5x2in)

FJ question:

I could have sworn I read that there's a compartment or sleeve on the ride for storing small personal items, but when I called Guest Services, I was told there was no such thing and that you had to use the free lockers outside. I wanted to take pics inside the castle and didn't know if my camera would fit in this hypothetical space.

Does this thing exist? If so, what are the dimensions and/or is it big enough to store a compact but not ultracompact camera? (I think my camera measures 3x5x2in)

Yes, there most definitely is a compartment in the seat. It is where your lower back is. I'll try to find you a picture or dimensions.

I have heard that they aren't leaving the compartment open anymore when you get on the ride, I guess because so many people were fumbling with it.

I went last week but I wasn't paying attention, but I'm quite sure it was closed.

Yes, there most definitely is a compartment in the seat. It is where your lower back is. I'll try to find you a picture or dimensions.

I have heard that they aren't leaving the compartment open anymore when you get on the ride, I guess because so many people were fumbling with it.

I went last week but I wasn't paying attention, but I'm quite sure it was closed.

Drat, I was hoping it was just a newbie cast member. Looks like the safest bet is to go with bigger pockets. Thanks!

how can they not let you use it? :confused3 when we were there, it was NOT open when i went to sit down...i had to open it myself and put my camera in there (which, is a small Nikon Coolpix....fit fine) when I retrieved my camera at the end, I purposely left it open for the next person (if they wanted to use it)

the compartments are there...can't see how we couldn't use them unless they seal them shut.

It took us several times on for me to even identify it! It is in the back of the seat where your lower back goes. I never did open it, but it looks to be big enough for a camera/sunglasses etc. no problem. I did wear a fanny pack though with no problem and my son had cargo shorts with phone/sunglasses and my hubby's stuff with no problem. I had a water bottle clipped to my fanny pack and it flew around pretty randomly, so anything lose will be a problem, but otherwise... it is all good!

Totally edited to say: The ride moves so quickly while you are getting on, you really do not have time to be fumbling with the compartment. This is a NON-STOP moving platform ride. You walk up to the "bench" as it is moving by and you literly run to hop on. You really do not have time to stow anything before Herminone is sprinkling you with her magic powder to fly! lol

I don't think they're not letting you use it, they're just not leaving it open for you anymore. So if you don't know that it's there, you wouldn't end up using it.

of all the times we rode, I never saw ANY of them open on any seat at any time....Didn't even realize they WERE leaving them open?

but...I agree. If you don't know it's there, it's hard to notice it.

FJ question:

We rode twice today :banana::banana: and on the 2nd go-around I noticed the compartment. It's behind your back, so when you sit down it closes. It's a small pocket that leans out toward you. I suspect it takes too long to load and unload if people are stowing their stuff in, and I suspect a lot of items get left in there. It would have been big enough for my mid-sized camera with incorporated zoom.

Crowds were not bad! Going to swim now, I'll update in a little while. :)

When I first rode FJ (6 days before the official opening), the small compartment would be open when you went to sit down (which closed as you sat in the seat from your backside sliding into the seat.) I never gave it much thought at the time. When you got out of the seat, it would reopen.

Now, the compartment is normally closed then you sit down and when you get back up. When the ride ends, there isn't a lot of time to get out of the seat before it reaches the loading area and I suspect it took some people too long to remove whatever they may have placed in there so they now keep it closed. (Out of sight, out of mind.)

I guess they only kept it open during soft openings, since that's the only time I used it and remember seeing it opened. Guess they figured not too many people needed it so they just keep them closed now and tell people about it if they need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter