Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

I have two questions. The first one needs to be prefaced by the fact that I have a major phobia of going upside-down, so Dragon Challenge isn't happening for me. However, does anyone know if Flight of the Hippogriff or the Forbidden Journey go upside-down?

Forbidden Journey does go side to side but not upside down Flight of the Hippogriff is pretty tame check out short video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwwm-Lik1dU

You'll do fine! :goodvibes

Any idea if anyone can choose the "express line" on FJ & voluntarily skip the different castle rooms? Just hoping for an reasonable option if we would want to ride more than once?

Here is what I learned today at brunch.

Express lines will be limited and they are already considering holding off for the summer.

They are expecting and have made line lengths up to 4 hours! Yikes!

The park may extend hours just so those in line can ride Forbidden Journey. They might close the rest of the park but keep an exit path just for those in the Wizarding World.

Right now - the only time saver I have found has been the single rider line which saves about 20 - 30% off the regular line, but you may not ride with your friends. When I was there I took videos - see them here http://orlando-vacation.us/Islands-of-Adventure/Harry-Potter.php :cool1:

The Wizarding World of harry Potter Officially opens on Friday the 18th and several of the actors from the movies will be attending the event.

Does anyone know what time of day they will be there?
Start of the Day? Afternoon? etc.. and will they have a special stage for this in the Hogsmeade village?

Just trying to plan my day. Thanks

The Wizarding World of harry Potter Officially opens on Friday the 18th and several of the actors from the movies will be attending the event.

Does anyone know what time of day they will be there?
Start of the Day? Afternoon? etc.. and will they have a special stage for this in the Hogsmeade village?

Just trying to plan my day. Thanks

There is a stage set up in front of the castle. The time hasn't been set in stone yet as to when this will happen. Universal is telling people that the parking garage opens at 7a.m., get there and to get there at 6:30. The park opens at 9a.m.
I've been told (by pr) that the area is extremely small and they are NOT letting people into the area. It will be open for hotel guests, closed off to everyone, and they will then do the grand opening. I would not expect to be anywhere near that area barring a miracle on your part.
But there are going to be screens set up all over the park (a huge one is already in front of the park) to catch all the coverage. They are going to have just about the entire cast of the movies there, as well as John Williams the composer of the music there as well as JK herself.....rumors say.
For those of you interested, I have put together a little FAQ.

These questions have probably been answered before so I apologize ahead. 1)Is the old dueling dragons ride dragon challenge and are there still two coasters with the same intensity? 2)is forbidden journey a new ride with loops and less intimidating then I found dueling dragons to be? 3)where do u access this ride-is it the one with the tour of the castle? 4)Where is best place to enter IOA if u r staying at Portifino Bay Hotel-any hints??? 5)What time should we be at IOA to avoid waiting hours? Thanks so much for your help!!!:love:

These questions have probably been answered before so I apologize ahead. 1)Is the old dueling dragons ride dragon challenge and are there still two coasters with the same intensity? 2)is forbidden journey a new ride with loops and less intimidating then I found dueling dragons to be? 3)where do u access this ride-is it the one with the tour of the castle? 4)Where is best place to enter IOA if u r staying at Portifino Bay Hotel-any hints??? 5)What time should we be at IOA to avoid waiting hours? Thanks so much for your help!!!:love:

Dueling Dragons is Dragon Challenge. The queue has changed but that is all.

Forbidden Journey is not a roller coaster and it does not go upside down. It is more along the lines of Spiderman but a bit more intense.

You access the ride through the castle. You tour first and ride at the end of the tour.

There is only one way to enter IOA.

You should probably try to get to the park by 7:15.

Not sure if anyone can help me with this question.
My friend uses a wheelchair. She can transfer with assistance but cannot walk.
Do you know if she would be able to ride the Forbidden Journey?

When I was there two weeks ago they were not honoring the hotel pass at all for Forbidden Journey.

Not sure if anyone can help me with this question.
My friend uses a wheelchair. She can transfer with assistance but cannot walk.
Do you know if she would be able to ride the Forbidden Journey?

We had a wheelchair in our party. They do not stop the moving sidewalk for wheelchairs so she will have to be able to walk about 6 feet. You can assist her. That is what we had to do.

i ate at the the three broomsticks and it is quick service. when you walk in they direct you to the counter to order, then you go to another area to pay, then you go get your forks knives and all that, then another person gives you a table.

It is by reservation only for breakfast though.

It is by reservation only for breakfast though.

Sometimes you can get in without a reservation. It is worth it to check with the employee standing out in the doorway of the restaurant. They will let you know if there will be any non-reservation dining allowed for breakfast that day.

So now that things are up and running I'm hoping someone can give me a few more details on what exactly Forbidden Journey is. Is it a simulator? I always try things once but I have to admit I don't do well with simulators which is a bummer (motion sickness). With all the hub bub about fitting in the seats it makes me a little nervous. Are you being tossed every which direction or what?! I'm sure I'll try it no matter what but I'd like to be a little more informed as to what to expect. I rode Simpsons not really having any clue what it was and did not do too well :(

So now that things are up and running I'm hoping someone can give me a few more details on what exactly Forbidden Journey is. Is it a simulator? I always try things once but I have to admit I don't do well with simulators which is a bummer (motion sickness). With all the hub bub about fitting in the seats it makes me a little nervous. Are you being tossed every which direction or what?! I'm sure I'll try it no matter what but I'd like to be a little more informed as to what to expect. I rode Simpsons not really having any clue what it was and did not do too well :(

It is an enchanted bench perched on the end of a robotic arm that travels along a track through real animatronic scenes as well as simulator (domed screen) scenes. The movement of the ride is very fluid and you are not being tossed at all.

It is an enchanted bench perched on the end of a robotic arm that travels along a track through real animatronic scenes as well as simulator (domed screen) scenes. The movement of the ride is very fluid and you are not being tossed at all.

Awww enchanted bench, that's cute! Well I have to give it a shot to see for myself and just hope I don't feel :sick: the rest of the day!

Agreed...it is very smooth and NOT jerky at all!

Any ride that you can wear flipflops on and not lose them, isn't a rough ride at all.

Simpsons is rougher than FJ.

Hi all.. Me on the other half are big.. to put it nicely.. I'm 6'4 250# about 38"-39" waist... Does anyone know the restrictions for FJ??? i would like to know if i should do a cash diet.. LOL

Also has anyone seen a list of items/prices available at the stores.. the other half is really interested in the school robes..

Hi all.. Me on the other half are big.. to put it nicely.. I'm 6'4 250# about 38"-39" waist... Does anyone know the restrictions for FJ??? i would like to know if i should do a cash diet.. LOL

Also has anyone seen a list of items/prices available at the stores.. the other half is really interested in the school robes..

Check out this thread for size restrictions: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2489210

Check out this thread for merchandise:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2479569

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter