Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

ChrisFL

Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
Official Website

When is the Wizarding World of Harry Potter opening?

Officially on June 18th, 2010​

Are there going to be soft openings before then?

Most likely, yes, however they will most likely not be scheduled at all, because soft openings are usually never announced, and especially with new things, problems can arise at any time, as they work out the kinks.​

Is the Wizarding World of Harry Potter a brand new theme park?

No, The Wizarding World is a new themed land located within the Islands of Adventure theme park. It replaced portions of the Lost Continent land.​

Will we need to pay separate admission to get in? Is there a separate gate for it?

No, and no. General admission to Islands of Adventure and the main gate are all you need to see the Wizarding World​

Are there a lot of new attractions?
Here is the official list of attractions:

The Flying Hippogriff - A smaller, kid-friendly coaster right near Hagrid's Hut. (This was formerly the Flying Unicorn rollercoaster)

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (minimum height requirement is 48")- Thought by many to be the new, state of the art attraction for theme park rides anywhere, this dark ride will be on a Kuka Robotic Arm lifting passengers on a moveable, swinging, rotating arm capable of many movements never seen before on this scale. It is not a rollercoaster track, however there may be fast, sudden movements and will probably have all of the warnings normally associated with intense thrill ries.

In addition, the entire queue will be a tour of hogwart's castle and it's expected you will be able to walk through the full castle without taking part in the ride itself, if you so choose.​

In addition to those rides, the shops and restaurants will also be unique attractions unto themselves:​

Hogwart's Express will be at the entrance to Hogsmeade
The Three Broomstics restaurant (Where you can order Butterbeer)
The Hog's Head (where they will serve alcohol!)
The Owlery
Honeyduke's
Dervish and Banges
Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods
Zonko's
Ollivander's (where you can get your own wand)

Will there be walk-around characters from the stories (Harry, Ron, Hermione, etc.)?

No, per J.K. Rowling's personal request, there will be no "walk-around" look-alikes of the main main characters, however in the Forbidden Journey, you will see Dumbledore, and Harry, Ron and Hermione, as if they were really there. Also, there will be some secondary "student" characters walking around the Wizarding World.​

Random Notes:

There will be a butterbeer cart outside as well. Butterbeer is a non-alcoholic drink.
The Three Broomsticks restaurant and The Hog's Head replaced the Enchanted Oak Tavern and Alchemy Bar​

At Ollivander's, you will be able choose your wand (or let the wand choose you) and you may choose to purchase your wand.​

more to come....

Hotel express passes will only be honored once per day on the Forbidden Journey. TM's will scan your hotel key to regulate usage.

At this time it is unclear if the purchased express passes will be honored at all on the Forbidden Journey.

well go ahead and post what you know and I'll update the original post with the info...I don't know all of the details of everything myself yet

There will NOT be a walk-about Harry, Ron, Hermione, Malfoy, Hagrid, etc.

The walk-around characters from the stories are not the main characters but they have students dressed in uniforms - as in the case of Ellen's show where they featured Beauxbatons students performing.

The walk-around characters from the stories are not the main characters but they have students dressed in uniforms - as in the case of Ellen's show where they featured Beauxbatons students performing.

D'oh! You're right...I'll have to clarify that

Hotel express passes will only be honored once per day on the Forbidden Journey. TM's will scan your hotel key to regulate usage.

At this time it is unclear if the purchased express passes will be honored at all on the Forbidden Journey.

At this time it is unclear if the purchased express passes will be honored at all on the Forbidden Journey.[/QUOTE]

This is what I was told when I booked our July trip a month ago. This morning, I called to book our October trip. The TM told me there will not be express pass for Forbidden Journey. I told the TM that a month ago I was told the onsite guests would be allowed one express per day for FJ. She read from a script that there will be no express for FJ. She stated that express is not set up but it may be by October. Has anyone else booked lately and what were you told?

This is what I was told when I booked our July trip a month ago. This morning, I called to book our October trip. The TM told me there will not be express pass for Forbidden Journey. I told the TM that a month ago I was told the onsite guests would be allowed one express per day for FJ. She read from a script that there will be no express for FJ. She stated that express is not set up but it may be by October. Has anyone else booked lately and what were you told?
One of the articles released around March 26th stated that FJ is not set up for Express, as the queue is a large part of the hour-long experience. As a hotel guest in September, I do not anticipate being able to Express FJ. We will just work our plans around that and use the Express to save time on other rides, meaning more time for FJ!

What you were told isn't wrong...there won't be Express access in the true sense of the word. You will have a special line hotel guests will use...kind of like Express but it's just a separate line from the standby line. This attraction is going to take almost an hour...according to everything I've heard and seen so Express is not practical...at least at this point.

Bottom line is...hotel guests will show their hotel cards to access the Forbidden Journey but it's not really Express...just a special line.

According to http://www.mtv.ca/moviehead/article.jhtml?id=25349

Guests will enter through the dungeon level of the park, where they will walk through in either the express, singles or regular line. The express line will miss out on the majority of the tour of Hogwarts.

Express guests will have skipped all the previous rooms and end up in the office after walking from the dungeons through a different portrait gallery.

The Three Broomstics restaurant (Where you can order Butterbeer)

Butterbeer, a non-alcoholic drink, can be ordered at the cart outside on the street as well

butterbeer.jpg

What you were told isn't wrong...there won't be Express access in the true sense of the word. You will have a special line hotel guests will use...kind of like Express but it's just a separate line from the standby line. This attraction is going to take almost an hour...according to everything I've heard and seen so Express is not practical...at least at this point.

Bottom line is...hotel guests will show their hotel cards to access the Forbidden Journey but it's not really Express...just a special line.

Thanks for clarifying. I hope the TM just had it wrong because for our July trip I was told hotel guests had one per day and yesterday the TM denied that was true for our October trip. If not, I'm sure the lines will be minimal during the one hour early park opening for park guests. Can't wait!

Do you want the menu for the Three Broomsticks?

* Rotisserie-smoked chicken
* Chargrilled ribs
* Turkey legs
* Fish and chips
* Shepherd's pie
* Cornish pasties
* Potato leek soup
* Split pea soup
* Ham soup

Childrens' Menu

* Chicken fingers
* Macaroni and cheese
* Fish and chips
* Turkey leg

Great Feast for parties larger than four people.

Guests share trays of:

* Rotisserie chicken
* Ribs
* Roasted vegetables
* Potatoes
* Corn on the cob

Desserts

* Strawberry peanut butter ice cream
* Deep-dish apple pie
* Chocolate-berry trifle

Drinks

* Butterbeer
* Frozen Butterbeer
* Pumpkin Juice
* Scottish ale called Hog's Head Brew (ONLY at the Hog's Head, not the Three Broomsticks itself)

Not sure yet where the Cauldron Cakes will be sold/served, but they are delicious

(And if you want to mention special events at the WWoHP, the fan-conference group HPEF (of which I am a part) is having a special event in the WWoHP on July 16 after the park closes; details and ticket prices are still to come, but info will be posted at http://www.infinitus2010.org )

I was told this morning when I booked our July trip that there is no FOTL or express access for the Forbidden Journey. No one will get any "cutting " privledges. But from what I read you don't want to miss the line. It seems like the line is a big part of the experience and not to be missed. We booked to stay on property.

Do you want the menu for the Three Broomsticks?

* Rotisserie-smoked chicken
* Chargrilled ribs
* Turkey legs
* Fish and chips
* Shepherd's pie
* Cornish pasties
* Potato leek soup
* Split pea soup
* Ham soup

Childrens' Menu

* Chicken fingers
* Macaroni and cheese
* Fish and chips
* Turkey leg

Great Feast for parties larger than four people.

Guests share trays of:

* Rotisserie chicken
* Ribs
* Roasted vegetables
* Potatoes
* Corn on the cob

Desserts

* Strawberry peanut butter ice cream
* Deep-dish apple pie
* Chocolate-berry trifle

Drinks

* Butterbeer
* Frozen Butterbeer
* Pumpkin Juice
* Scottish ale called Hog's Head Brew (ONLY at the Hog's Head, not the Three Broomsticks itself)

Not sure yet where the Cauldron Cakes will be sold/served, but they are delicious

(And if you want to mention special events at the WWoHP, the fan-conference group HPEF (of which I am a part) is having a special event in the WWoHP on July 16 after the park closes; details and ticket prices are still to come, but info will be posted at http://www.infinitus2010.org )

Do you have the menu for Breakfast???

I think there will be some magical way to make strawberry peanutbutter ice-cream taste delicioius! For sure I will try it!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!