Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

Where does it say that it's counter service? I'm confused. :confused3 I'm pretty sure that it isn't given the menu. What about the Pub in the back too?

This is what the menu for The Enchanted Oak was:

http://allears.net/uni/menu/men_eo.htm

There is as much selection there as the Three Broomsticks will probably have.

It's set up the same so far...even seating outside.

Most of the parks are CS and with the volume of people expected, CS moves people thru quicker. There has been much discussion and most think it will be CS. If you want TS, Mythos is just down the next land.

This will be our 5th year going to UO, and I will bet that it will be CS.

Most TS is at CW.

As for the pub...that used to be inside (where you would sit & eat)...Alchemy Bar. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same thing and put the bar in Three Broomsticks. It was always convenient to get some beverages on the way out of DD (now DC).

I was also really disappointed to hear there aren't any milder rides. I love Harry Potter and I don't like intense rides.
I'd really hate waiting for my guy while he's experiencing the wizarding world all by himself :(.
To me even the ex-unicorn-kind-of-ride can cause nausea.
I wish they did something like E.T. (which I LOVE) or even something like the spiderman ride.

I know ET like ride would be AWESOME. I LOVE ET. That's what I was hoping for. ;o) And I agree also with that ex unicorn ride, that wasn't that mild for a kiddy ride either. Maybe one will be tho, we can wish! :thumbsup2

I've noted on the Universal website, that on-site hotel "vacation packages" include early park admission. One hour before posted opening time.

Does anyone know how they will be able to tell if you have a "vacation package" or an on-site room only reservation?

I've noted on the Universal website, that on-site hotel "vacation packages" include early park admission. One hour before posted opening time.

Does anyone know how they will be able to tell if you have a "vacation package" or an on-site room only reservation?

They won't know.

Because of the FJ being popular, hotel guests can only use their fotl express key one time a day. To compensate (i think), they are giving resort guests 1 hr early entrance to the park. So, I'm guessing you either show your roomkey, or something they are going to give you for booking a package (if not staying onsite).

Does anyone know if the Three Broomsricks is going to be part of the Meal Deal that Universal has?

Thanks!!

I would think not also.

Because of the menu and popularity....

All the places participating in MD seem to have same sort of menu offerings. I don't think burgers are an option at Three Brooms? :confused3

Sorry...I'm confused...what else is new!

We will be staying onsite, RPR. I did not book a package. I have annual passes and I have a room only reservation. Can I get into the park one hour early?

We will be staying onsite, RPR. I did not book a package. I have annual passes and I have a room only reservation. Can I get into the park one hour early?

That is our situation also.

Book room only as we have APs.

(2 yrs ago they let AP holders in an hour early.)

Some are saying 1/2 hr, some say 1hr.

We don't go till mid July, so I will sit and wait n see what others say.

You would think the hotels would have their info straight? :confused3

Either way....even 1/2 hr is better than nothing.

Of course. All you have to show is your room key (electronic card).
plus the park ticket unless is already added to your card like in WDW.

Question from a first timer here. We are going in August and booked on site with the HP package. We get 2 days in the parks (one park per day). Our package includes early admission to WWoHP and Three Broomsticks Breakfast. If normal park opening is at 9, do we get in at 8? I made 8:30 reservations for Three Broomsticks, incorrectly assuming we would get FOTLA for HP attractions. What is the right way to do this? I assume I should push the breakfast back to one of the later times so we can do WWoHP first, then Three Broomsticsk then the rest of IOA with FOTLA, right? Or am I way off base?

I think you will be able to get into the area at 8, and you'll have the chance to ride before your breakfast.
Other things people may want to know if you plan on going the 18th.

That's an interesting read (the link). Some good discussion points, and some ridiculous and almost condescending ones as well. Even the most cynical Debbie Downer is stretching to warn people about long lines. I was surprised there wasn't a section faulting the June 18th opening date by warning people that Florida has a tendency to be hot in the summer.

And implying that the changing price cost of the Express pass is "gouging" in the same theme park industry in which restaurants at Disney raise their prices "due to guest demand" on heavier traffic periods? That's a bit much.

That's an interesting read (the link). Some good discussion points, and some ridiculous and almost condescending ones as well. Even the most cynical Debbie Downer is stretching to warn people about long lines. I was surprised there wasn't a section faulting the June 18th opening date by warning people that Florida has a tendency to be hot in the summer.

And implying that the changing price cost of the Express pass is "gouging" in the same theme park industry in which restaurants at Disney raise their prices "due to guest demand" on heavier traffic periods? That's a bit much.
I'm not trying to find fault in anything, it's just again based completely on rumors that have been heard here as well as other discussion boards and threads. The price issue is one that many people have in the theme park world, Disney, Universal, and even your regional theme parks. It's something that we accept and take as "part of theme park business" yet apply that to other things such as gas, and hurricane supplies in hurricane season and we call it gouging.
You seem to be taking offense to the article, and it was clearly meant to inform not to offend, especially when we see so many people on these boards and others all over hoping to do things such as "meet the cast of Harry Potter" or see the "Harry Potter theme park". Cynical, hell yeah...condescending...not intended.

I'm not trying to find fault in anything, it's just again based completely on rumors that have been heard here as well as other discussion boards and threads. The price issue is one that many people have in the theme park world, Disney, Universal, and even your regional theme parks. It's something that we accept and take as "part of theme park business" yet apply that to other things such as gas, and hurricane supplies in hurricane season and we call it gouging.
You seem to be taking offense to the article, and it was clearly meant to inform not to offend, especially when we see so many people on these boards and others all over hoping to do things such as "meet the cast of Harry Potter" or see the "Harry Potter theme park". Cynical, hell yeah...condescending...not intended.

I enjoyed the article, I just found it very one-sided and looked at the worst of every situation without even a nod to "the counter point." I understand your point about the Express price fluctuations, but I think presented fairly, Disney fans would do anything for something like that to be available at the parks. And from what I can tell, using a Express pass on the Forbidden Journey would be a waste. It appears the insanely immersive environment of that ride is that the queue itself is part of the attraction. Disney seems to be fine with just throwing video games up to distract their captive audience, but Universal - it appears - has put together a ride in which the queue may be just as special as the ride itself.

Maybe theme park fans are so used to Disney phoning it in on ride queues that they don't understand just how good Universal is at it. And as good as Spider-man and The Mummy are, the environment and experience for the Forbidden Journey looks to blow them away. Using a fast pass on it would be like skipping to the final chapter of a great book. It's the journey to that point that makes the ending so great.

I enjoyed the article, I just found it very one-sided and looked at the worst of every situation without even a nod to "the counter point." I understand your point about the Express price fluctuations, but I think presented fairly, Disney fans would do anything for something like that to be available at the parks. And from what I can tell, using a Express pass on the Forbidden Journey would be a waste. It appears the insanely immersive environment of that ride is that the queue itself is part of the attraction. Disney seems to be fine with just throwing video games up to distract their captive audience, but Universal - it appears - has put together a ride in which the queue may be just as special as the ride itself.

Maybe theme park fans are so used to Disney phoning it in on ride queues that they don't understand just how good Universal is at it. And as good as Spider-man and The Mummy are, the environment and experience for the Forbidden Journey looks to blow them away. Using a fast pass on it would be like skipping to the final chapter of a great book. It's the journey to that point that makes the ending so great.
While I agree and understand, there are plenty of people who, while they've never really experienced Universal queues and are used to disney phoning it in, they don't care. They don't want to wait in line. So therefore they will be disappointed.
And is it a bit one side? Sure, I can say that, because instead of focusing on the positives, we focused on the negatives of what people may have false pretenses on. The biggest being that Universal is selling this as a theme park, when in reality there are only three rides.

Wow, that was a VERY harsh article and made a LOT of assumptions.

I think it needs to be looked at this way:

When was the last time Disney has opened an entire themed land based on a single "franchise" at WDW?

I mean, after MGM studios opened, they didn't have much in the park and then they opened an attraction after a franchise that's arguably as popular when it opened as HP is now....Star Wars...and it was one single ride with a whole bunch of very cramped theming and exits to a gift shop.

Still, people weren't upset, they didn't walk out, they were happy to see the revolutionary, breakthrough attraction.

Universal is opening MUCH more than that and I think it's way too early to make assumptions about guest reaction, and I honestly think while yes, there will be some problems especially for the first few weeks, they'll get through them smoothly after that and be a great addition to IOA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter