Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

If they begin doing soft openings, where is the entrance located that they would bring guests in? We at least have to check it out while we are there!

If they begin doing soft openings, where is the entrance located that they would bring guests in? We at least have to check it out while we are there!

The park basically goes in one big circle. If it is open you will be led straight to the entrance because almost everyone will be going there. Don't worry, you won't miss it.

The park basically goes in one big circle. If it is open you will be led straight to the entrance because almost everyone will be going there. Don't worry, you won't miss it.

And probably they will remove the temporately wood bridge once the WWofHP opens and they might re-open the Skipper's Tours (I've forgot the real name) so people don't have to walk all the way to the HP "island".

And probably they will remove the temporately wood bridge once the WWofHP opens and they might re-open the Skipper's Tours (I've forgot the real name) so people don't have to walk all the way to the HP "island".

How long ago has that been,the Skipper's Tour that is?I never paid attention to it before but remember the boat crossing the lagoon but can't remember how long ago thats been.

How long ago has that been,the Skipper's Tour that is?I never paid attention to it before but remember the boat crossing the lagoon but can't remember how long ago thats been.
According to wikipedia (so it may not be the most accurate, but hopefully it is):
Island Skipper Tours (1999-2002), a transportation service using one of three uniquely-themed water taxis to shuttle passengers between Port of Entry, Jurassic Park and Toon Lagoon.

I very briefly remember seeing boats go across since I was younger at the time. I used to think it was Jurassic Park. :p

I'm planning my trip to FL now & I definitely want to include Wizard World. I know it is still too early to really know info, but the planner in me wants to make sure I do everything right! :lmao:

Thank you so much for this thread! I'm not going to be staying on-site (either Disney or Universal), so I hope to find tips that it will be stress-free.

Does anyone know if these restaraunts will be doing reservations or is it s counter service type thing? If it does, is it 180 days in advance like Disney?

Finally, (yes, I know, I will shut up after this...) is it fair to say that I can do Islands of Adventure (basically Wizard World) in one day?

I haven't been to Universal since the opening of the Simpsons ride, so I need to read the Universal threads to get up to speed.

Thank you!!!!

Does anyone know if these restaraunts will be doing reservations or is it s counter service type thing? If it does, is it 180 days in advance like Disney?

Finally, (yes, I know, I will shut up after this...) is it fair to say that I can do Islands of Adventure (basically Wizard World) in one day?
Are you talking about the restaurants at Universal in general or just WWoHP? I would imagine the restaurants inside WWoHP will only be counter service and the other places throughout the parks will not change. You can not make reservations that early like at Disney. Most won't go over 30 days out...it all depends on where you're thinking of going.

You could do IOA in a single day knowing you're going to be spending a lot of time in line at WWoHP. I'll be curious to see how the rest of the park will be in terms of lines.

Are you talking about the restaurants at Universal in general or just WWoHP? I would imagine the restaurants inside WWoHP will only be counter service and the other places throughout the parks will not change. You can not make reservations that early like at Disney. Most won't go over 30 days out...it all depends on where you're thinking of going.

You could do IOA in a single day knowing you're going to be spending a lot of time in line at WWoHP. I'll be curious to see how the rest of the park will be in terms of lines.

Basically WWoHP, but I'm going to check out the rest of the place too. I thought there were going to be sit-down restaraunts at WWoHP? Ahhh...30 days out. That's good! I do miss the 90 days Disney had.

I have to see what kinds of rides I can take in WWoHP.

Thank you!!!

Basically WWoHP, but I'm going to check out the rest of the place too. I thought there were going to be sit-down restaraunts at WWoHP? Ahhh...30 days out. That's good! I do miss the 90 days Disney had.
It's still sketchy as to what exactly will be at WWoHP in terms of restaurants but I would imagine counter service will be the majority.

It's still sketchy as to what exactly will be at WWoHP in terms of restaurants but I would imagine counter service will be the majority.

Ok, gotcha. In my head, Three Broomsticks was a sit-down. :confused3

in any which case, I'm going to be reviewing more and getting myself up to speed as soon as my ADRs for Disney portion are done. :thumbsup2

The Three Broomsticks will be the only "full service" restaurant in WWoHP

The Hogs Head is a more pub-like setting that will offer additional drinks and snacks

also Honeydukes sweetshop although tech. a store will have plenty of famous candy from the HP series, both book and film.

There will also be Butterbeer carts stationed along Hogsmeade village.

If they were smart, they wouldn't use the boat on the lagoon. They would WANT people to walk around the park... =spend more $.

The Three Broomsticks will be the only "full service" restaurant in WWoHP

"Full service" doesn't necessarily mean "sit-down"....it could still be counter service and go find a seat to sit...which, is going to be my guess.

So let me see if this is right, there are only 3 rides? And 2 of them are pretty intense rides? Is there a fantasy type ride with all kinds of cool special effect type things? That's what I was hoping for for Harry Potter. Are the rides similar I wonder to the level of The Mummy? I was hoping for a more elaborate fantasy version of an ET type ride, something all could do.

So let me see if this is right, there are only 3 rides? And 2 of them are pretty intense rides? Is there a fantasy type ride with all kinds of cool special effect type things? That's what I was hoping for for Harry Potter. Are the rides similar I wonder to the level of The Mummy? I was hoping for a more elaborate fantasy version of an ET type ride, something all could do.

Correct, there are 3 rides (well 4 if you count Dragon Challenge as 2 rollercoasters).

From what we know so far, The Forbidden Journey ride will be pretty intense, probably not comparable to the Mummy since it's a completely different ride system than ANYTHING that's been done before.

"Full service" doesn't necessarily mean "sit-down"....it could still be counter service and go find a seat to sit...which, is going to be my guess.
[/QUOTE]

Right. To me, full-service/table service equals reservation needed. If this is counter-service, then I'll just time myself correctly, so I'm not waiting forever and a day for food. I'm hoping my October, things will not be so crazy hectic as the opening months are bound to be.

I was also really disappointed to hear there aren't any milder rides. I love Harry Potter and I don't like intense rides.
I'd really hate waiting for my guy while he's experiencing the wizarding world all by himself :(.
To me even the ex-unicorn-kind-of-ride can cause nausea.
I wish they did something like E.T. (which I LOVE) or even something like the spiderman ride.

If they were smart, they wouldn't use the boat on the lagoon. They would WANT people to walk around the park... =spend more $.

Where does it say that it's counter service? I'm confused. :confused3 I'm pretty sure that it isn't given the menu. What about the Pub in the back too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter