Happy Hour!!

Originally posted by UniversalAddict
$2.50 for a 20oz bud is a pretty good deal even at a "normal" bar/restaraunt".
$2.80 (or so) for a 20oz guinness/harp is very good.

It IS a pretty good deal, although, unless you buy the refill glass, it's 16 oz., not 20. I was just saying it's not great. I guess I'm spoiled down here with happy hours and the $2 pints at Nascar and my local places.

I'll be sure to have our cups with us tomorrow then, and to take advantage of the happy hour refills, thanks for the info on that!

Karen :smooth:

Oh, and If I drank around the world at EPCOT's 11 countries, it wouldn't be the good beer I'd be getting, that's for sure!:rolleyes:
One of the funniest memories my mother has is of me ordering us each two tall Becks at Germany and seeing my jaw hit the floor when the cashier told me it was $16!!! LOL :eek: :eek :eek:

I really need to check my messages for typos better. I meant "sell". Or maybe I subconsciously meant it like the movie "6th sense".

"I see beer".

LOL...see the beer...BE the beer...

:jester:

The VERY BEST tasting drink is the frozen strawberry daiquiri at the walkup bar window at LaBamba at 3:00 on a summer afternoon. The brain freeze you get from drinking it so fast is worth it!

I stick with the Long Island Ice Teas because the beer wants out. Yes, there are bathrooms all over the park, but I've been on Deuling Dragons and literally ran from the exit to the bathroom. I was in such pain and it was about 100 yards thru the exit queue.

Yeah, each bar has different happy hours, and they end by 5pm in the park. You see the signs walking in at city walk, and think happy hour will run to 7pm, but it doesn't. If you miss the 5pm cut off, you'll pay $4.50 for a draft beer, and that's kinda expensive. So take advantage from 3-5pm.

There is no way that I'd want to be on Dueling Dragons with a full bladder! I love the ride, but it still scares the cr*p out of me and with a full bladder it may...well, nevermind. :)

Originally posted by MsDisney

... the $2 pints at Nascar ...

Are nascar's beer's really a 16oz? The cup seem a lot smaller than that to me. I thought maybe that's how they can charge $2 because they really have a smaller cup (12oz or 10oz maybe).

Maybe you can measure it tommorrow and get back to us. LOL

Are nascar's beer's really a 16oz? The cup seem a lot smaller than that to me. I thought maybe that's how they can charge $2 because they really have a smaller cup (12oz or 10oz maybe).

Maybe you can measure it tommorrow and get back to us. LOL

LOL Ok, I'll do it! ;)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're pints, the glasses are the regular beer glass style, as opposed to those little mug like things some places have. These are a good size. It's funny, when they use the plastic cups though, they seem small, I wonder if THOSE are the full 16oz. like they have in the parks. I'll ask them, but I'm sure they must be.

Originally posted by Barry Hom
MsDisney should host a Drink Around Universal meet. Who will remain standing when the group hits PBH? :)
OMG! That would be hillarious! :p

Originally posted by nhrenee
Is happy hour 7 days a week or just M-F?

It's daily!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Really, Renee, EVERY day is a weekend in the themeparks! :)

I think Universal has more than just 11 locations to drink in, when you include the stands...but I'll give it my best shot! LOL

Ok, maybe we should stick with indoor locations... :rolleyes:

It wouldn't do for the host to curl up on a bench and go to sleep in the middle of a tour!!! :eek:

I think this thread should be considered "Important", don't you all? :teeth:

Originally posted by MsDisney
LOL Ok, I'll do it! ;)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're pints, the glasses are the regular beer glass style, as opposed to those little mug like things some places have. These are a good size. It's funny, when they use the plastic cups though, they seem small, I wonder if THOSE are the full 16oz. like they have in the parks. I'll ask them, but I'm sure they must be.

MsDisney are you back yet? Did you measure the Nascar cups?

Also, did you happen to see if Finnegan's had the 1/2 price wings for happry hour?

This weekend, the Backwater Bar in IOA had 1/2 price drafts. They dyed the beer green for St. Patrick's Day. It didn't taste any different. :)

MsDisney are you back yet? Did you measure the Nascar cups?

Also, did you happen to see if Finnegan's had the 1/2 price wings for happry hour?

Well, you see, it's like this....um...no. Well, yes, I'm back, since I live 10 minutes away, I've been back for awhile :rolleyes: but no, we didn't do our research. It all stopped with the notion of refilling the cups at LaBamba for happy hour prices, and went downhill from there! :rolleyes:

Anyway, it IS a long story (ok, it's very short) - It's all H2O Jags fault. ;)

Didn't even think to ask about the wings at Finnegans, and goodness knows, we spent enough time there, I could have!:rolleyes:
Don't recall any signage as such though...
As Barry said, the Backwater was advertising happy hour ALL weekend starting with the 14th. My guess is, they're trying to keep some business over there and didn't feel the need to do it at the studios. We proved that they didn't need to offer it to get our business Sat. night!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :smooth:

But, since Jag won't be there next weekend, to foil my efforts, we can check then! ;) :jester:
Thank goodness, I need at LEAST one week to recover! :eek:

Wow! Happy hour all weekend long. Backwater is one of my favorite places too. Sorry I missed it. :(
I wanted to see Hootie too. I saw them last year and they were very good. Oh well, we can't go there every weekend can we.

Wow! Happy hour all weekend long. Backwater is one of my favorite places too. Sorry I missed it. :(
I wanted to see Hootie too. I saw them last year and they were very good. Oh well, we can't go there every weekend can we.

Yeah, all weekend...we tried to explain this to one of the bartenders at La Bamba (the evil one)and she kept repeating that THEY have happy hour everyday as well...We kept saying, no, they are having it ALL weekend, for all the hours they are open...still nothing. Oh well...I'm sure the nightmares can't last forever :rolleyes:

And to answer your question, yes, we CAN go there every weekend...
Or was that a rhetorical question? :confused: LOL Sorry! I love living SO close! I'm spoiled rotten already! ;) :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nicolep91
I think this thread should be considered "Important", don't you all? :teeth:
So how do we make it "important". Can anyone do it? I see many so called important threads that seem of minor interest.

While MsDis was working on a hydrodynamic problem i asked the bartender at NASCAR and yes they are pints.

we will have to ask Finnegan's about the wings:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter