Happy happy halloweeeeeen trip report Day 4 added

mommy2ash

<font color=deeppink>Has a Pooh pushin' Ash<br><fo
The Cast

As per usual there is me, my mam and my dd ashleigh who is 3.

Where

We stayed at the Santa Fe and i am happy to report everything went smoothly at the hotel

When

October 3rd - 9th, right at the start of the halloween season

Day one - Sunday October 3rd

We wake up at seven and thank god for once i was totally packed and ready to go. I didnt even go through my case, i thought if i start going through it now i will only start shoving in more stuff i probably dont need. Ashleigh couldn wait to get going and stood with her suitcase for nearly an hour asking can we go now over and over lol

disneylandparisoct2010pt1005.jpg

Finally at half nine we set off for the airport and had some breakfast up there. Everything went fine with the journey and we were collected at the other side by ezy shuttle. I cant compliment them enough, they are a great service.

I had only booked me and ashleigh into the room as my mam was going to get an ap. I mentioned this at check in and the guy forgot about it. I reminded him again as i wanted to pay the local taxes. He said to go to the other desk as they cant take money at check in only reception. There was a bit of a queue so we went and sorted out the room first. I got the block i requested so only a short walk and we were there. I was pleased to see the new cars bedspread but mostly because as they are new i know they are clean lol. We also had a new tv with our name on the screen. Ash got quickly changed and we were ready to head off

disneylandparisoct2010pt1015.jpg

Oh and i didnt tell her to stand like that, she just does that as she is convinced she really is a princess lol

Back at reception it took quite a while for the cm to sort out paying the local taxes. In the end it was 99 cent a night. This did not include breakfast. That was 4 euros per night. I decided not to pay that as we rarely all make it to breakfast. As it turned out me and ash went to salon mickey each day and my mam went to breakfast.

Next up was getting my mams ap. Seeing as it was mid afternoon by now all the ticket desks were closed so we had to go to guest relations and enter another queue.

As we enter main st i cant help but notice this is the only halloween decoration up

disneylandparisoct2010pt1024.jpg

Next up you guessed it a huge queue at the ap office. Ash could see the showtime spectacular and was mad to go over but she was pretty good at waiting once i told her she could pick out our first ride.

Of course she picked its a small world. You would think if they are closing off the post show bit they would put something more than a couple of benches to block the way.

Next it was time for the parade. Mickey and co weren't wearing their halloween costumes but it was good to see jack and sally and all the pumpkin men in the halloween bit.

disneylandparisoct2010pt1032.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1035.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1044.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1080-Copy.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1083.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1085.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1089.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1098.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1100.jpg

After the parade we did a run around of the fantasyland rides and then headed to frontierland to see some halloween decorations. We saw jack was out but ash wasnt ready to meet him yet lol

We tried to get something to eat but most places were closed. We then went to caseys only to be told they no longer do any meals, not even for kids. You have to order each item separate so they dont really offer anything for small kids unless you want to half a hog dog between two. We ended up in the hyperion. Ash was happy to sit and watch the cartoons and it was nice to relax for a while.

Back in fantasyland ash tried to pull the sword out of the stone

disneylandparisoct2010pt1116.jpg

Then it was time for the showtime spectacular. I have to say we really loved this show. Its a lot of fun. If you want to actually watch it you are better off standing back but ash wanted to be in on the action so we were standing close to the stage.

She kept asking when could she meet stitch and angel and i was explaining to her that it was a show and she couldnt meet the characters she could only watch it when who comes running over only lilo stitch and angel. Ash was over the moon lol.

disneylandparisoct2010pt1146.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1175.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1177.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1180.jpg

So this was when the friendship began lol. She also met jesse but she just kept telling her oh wow i met stitch and angel lol

disneylandparisoct2010pt1168.jpg

After that it was back to the hotel. We had planned on going to annettes but we were all much too tired.

Yay, great start to your trippie! Ash looks super cute as ever, and so happy :goodvibes
Good to know that the extra person in the room trick works a treat still, and that you enjoyed your stay at the Santa Fe.
Loving your photos and can't wait for day 2!

Yey you've started your trippie :cool1:! I know I'm going to love it.
I added my DD to our room when we checked in at the Santa Fe too, they didn't even mention local taxes or paying extra for breakfast :confused3.

Yey you've started your trippie :cool1:! I know I'm going to love it.
I added my DD to our room when we checked in at the Santa Fe too, they didn't even mention local taxes or paying extra for breakfast :confused3.

when i mentioned it the cm was like oh yeah when i asked again to pay the taxes he sent me to the other side of reception. then that guy didnt really know what i wanted and it took quite a while to sort it out.

did you get another printed out easypass for her? i got that for my mam once i paid the taxes. to be honest i dont see how we couldnt all have gone for breakfast as there was nothing marked on the breakfast passes.

I asked the receptionist just that - if I had to get another easypass printed - he said no, DD had been added, it would be no problem :confused3. You're right, there was no number of guests shown anywhere on my easypass, or on our breakfast slot tickets.

I asked the receptionist just that - if I had to get another easypass printed - he said no, DD had been added, it would be no problem :confused3. You're right, there was no number of guests shown anywhere on my easypass, or on our breakfast slot tickets.

sometimes i think i am too honest for my own good :rotfl2:

i wasted so much time insisting i booked her in properly lol

Day 2 - Monday October 4th

ok just a little warning i have a feeling this trip report is going to get picture heavy. i ended up taking over 2000 pictures lol.

So at 6.45 my alarm went off and i jumped out of bed and got ready. I then had the great job of trying to wake ash. Once i mentioned we could meet up with my friend and her daughter she was up like a shot. I gave my mam the breakfast card and arranged to meet her later. Me and ash just cant eat first thing so we decided that salon mickey would be better for us a little later.

First item of the day was for ash to get a pic with donald at the santa fe. We actually missed quite a few of these greets as ash just wanted to head to the park.

disneylandparisoct2010pt1185.jpg

We got to the park right before eight and did a round of the fantasyland rides.

disneylandparisoct2010pt1190.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1194.jpg

Then we went to explore upstairs in the castle. It really is lovely and i noticed the snoring knight for the first time.

disneylandparisoct2010pt1209.jpg

It was around half nine at this stage and my mam rang to meet up. There were some pumpkin people out on main st so ash got some autographs (she filled two books this trip)

disneylandparisoct2010pt1213.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1215.jpg

Next up was a trip to salon mickey. I am glad to see you can now get fruit. Ash was so happy to see an apple lol. She did still eat her cookie though

disneylandparisoct2010pt1217.jpg

We went back to the park and caught the character express or whatever they are calling it this year. Ash really doesnt like the pushing and shoving for the characters so i let it up to her if she wants to meet someone or not. She wanted to meet minnie in her halloween dress and we were lucky that minnie picked her out straight away

disneylandparisoct2010pt1221.jpg

Next up we went back to fantasyland where i seemed to spend most of my trip. There were disney characters advertised on the schedule but to be honest i only saw the same one or two out during the week. In any case ash met chip and dale

disneylandparisoct2010pt1225.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1227.jpg

After a go on iasw and buzz it was time to start heading up main street for the meet and greets. As we walked past the pooh one i noticed the queue was really short so we joined that.

disneylandparisoct2010pt1229.jpg

Next up we went to join the mickey one and the queue here was much longer. Next i see tiana and naveen walking around the place. I convinced ash to leave the mickey queue in hopes of a quick pic with tiana. By the time we ran over they were mobbed and ash had no intentions of getting squashed. The mickey queue was suddenly after getting even longer so we decided to just join the tiana queued line as there was only two people in front of us.

We waited ten maybe fifteen minutes and it was our turn. Suddenly ash jumped up in my arms saying she didnt want to go up. I asked her what was wrong and she thought that dr facillier would jump out and get her. So she asked me to lift her up to tiana and ask her if dr facillier was with her. Tiana and Naveen were so nice to ash and explained that dr facillier was nowhere around and Naveen had sorted him out. After ash had a big conversation with them both we got a few pics

disneylandparisoct2010pt1245.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1246.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1247.jpg

NEXT UP WALT DISNEY STUDIOS

After meeting Tiana we decided to go to the studios. It was great to finally see studio one without the scaffolding.

disneylandparisoct2010pt1254.jpg

At half twelve the stars n cars characters came out so again ash got some move autographs and pics. today was our most character heavy day

disneylandparisoct2010pt1255.jpg

I notice this week a lot of the characters were asking kids do you know my story. Ash has never been asked that before. Its a bit awkward as most of the kids dont know how to answer. Ash told mulan she knew her story and mulan asked her what was the best part. Ash thought for a moment and then said when its over lol. I asked her why was that and she said thats when i have seen it all.

disneylandparisoct2010pt1258.jpg

This Snow White puts on the full snow white voice which was really hilarious the first time i heard it lol

disneylandparisoct2010pt1259.jpg

Mary poppins and bert were really nice and tried to teach ash to walk like a penguin.

disneylandparisoct2010pt1260.jpg

Next up was our first visit to toy story playland. I know there are a lot of bad reviews of this but for me its a fun area and it is what it is. It never promised to be an e ticket, its carnival rides with a good theme. Today we just tried slinky dog which was a huge hit wih ash. The only downside was it ended quite quickly.

disneylandparisoct2010pt1261.jpg

We were all starving at this stage so we decided to go to annettes for lunch. We had skipped out on it last night as after eating counter service we were not hungry enough. Me and my mam had soup and then shared a doughnut ice cream dessert. Ash had a kids meal with hot dog and ice cream. It was good value for money and a nice change from burgers for me

disneylandparisoct2010pt1269.jpg

Heading back into the main park we had a look around the shops. There is a lot of christmas stuff out. Much more than halloween.

disneylandparisoct2010pt1280.jpg

Again the character express came down main street and ash got a pic with donald

disneylandparisoct2010pt1290.jpg

We met up with my friend and her dd again and went to do potc. The girls were not too sure at first but seemed to like it when we were on it lol. Ash loves pirates, she even loves the whole ride just not the drops.

disneylandparisoct2010pt1294.jpg

We then went to wait for captain jack to appear. Ash was playing near his pirate box. She is obsessed with it lol. When he came out he was probably not the best jack i have seen. For me the best characters can stay in character but relate to the person they are dealing with. He took ashleighs book signed it then wouldnt give it back to her. He kept holding it over her head and making her jump. When she said can i have it back its mine he looked to the front and said wheres your name. It would have been funny except ashleigh is three. Then this is the photo i got

disneylandparisoct2010pt1302.jpg

Then it was time to go watch disneys showtime spectacular. Can i just say i love this show. its great from wherever you watch it. My mam would sit on a bench and watch it from a distance and we would stand up close for the character interaction.

Of course stitch made the whole show for us. Ash had already picked out her teddy. She is allowed one but usually spends the whole week to find the cuddliest (is that a word) one. She picked out angel and we had great fun with stitch. He took the angel plushes from ash and my friends dd and was dancing around with them. Then he went and sat down with them playing and a cm took them off him and gave them back to the girls which made him sulk on the ground. it was too funny.

He spent the whole time he was off the stage with the girls and really made their day. When he got up on stage he was waving and blowing kisses to ash and next he tore off one of the flowers from his lei and threw it to her. It landed right at her feet and she was the happiest little girl in disney that day lol

disneylandparisoct2010pt1350.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1353.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1336.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1364.jpg

After ash had calmed down from all the excitement lol my friends dd wanted to show ash dr facillier. Now remember how scared she was earlier lol. Well it turns out my three year old is highly influenced by peer pressure. She loved dr facillier, in fact she would meet him over tiana any day. He was really nice and talked to ash about what rides she did and how brave she was for going on potc. She told him all about her flower from stitch. He really was one of the best cms i have ever seen

disneylandparisoct2010pt1368.jpg

Seeing as we were on a roll we decided to introduce ash to jack. She did meet him and had a little chat with him but she really wasnt to taken with him at all even though she loves the nightmare before christmas on dvd.

disneylandparisoct2010pt1370.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1373.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED

Aww I know I've said this before but Ash is so cute!! I love how she has a dress for every day :D So cool to see the princesse's up close too, I didn't manage to get that close during our visit :( Is it just me or does Ariel look a bit perma-tanned!? Looks like you had another amazing time, looking forward to the next bit!

yes lol i have no idea why they get so happy with the make up on certain princesses. her face doesnt match her body at all lol

thanks so much, there are plenty more dresses to come lol

Really enjoyed reading your TR so far. You have some great photos. Where did you stand for the princess photos in the studios was this behind the stage during cars and stars?

Really enjoyed reading your TR so far. You have some great photos. Where did you stand for the princess photos in the studios was this behind the stage during cars and stars?

no this was at half twelve all the stars n cars characters came out around the park. the princesses were by the art of disney animation.

Oh thanks for this, My DD would love to meet the little Mermaid Princess. Does this happen everyday and is this on the schedule. How did you know about this?

Loving your report Sonya! I think I might know your friend :lmao: I met her at the station :rotfl2:
I'm still weary of Dr Facillier but seing as the CM has been praised so highly, I might actually NOT run if I see him around! Keep up the reporting! popcorn::

Loving your report Sonya! I think I might know your friend :lmao: I met her at the station :rotfl2:
I'm still weary of Dr Facillier but seing as the CM has been praised so highly, I might actually NOT run if I see him around! Keep up the reporting! popcorn::

yes lisa thats the one lol

if you meet the dr facillier i did and i think there is only two then he is super nice. he is great with kids and doesnt go overboard with all the scary stuff. he had a full blown conversation with ash about how he is not scary lol

Great TR as always!!! Fantastic photos of Ash with all her new friends, I love her Tiana dress!! :lovestruc :wizard:

Thanks for posting the photo of the Christmas bitsin the shops, got me all excited!! :banana:

ok so after meeting jack we head back to fantasyland to watch the parade. this week we ended up having a usual spot for the parades and shows. we are so predictable lol.

disneylandparisoct2010pt1380.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1381.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1392.jpg

I think this float looks so empty without maleficent, i cant wait till she returns

disneylandparisoct2010pt1405.jpg

disneylandparisoct2010pt1424.jpg

Yes this is Gaston jumping through the window of Cruellas moving car, what a loon lol

disneylandparisoct2010pt1433.jpg

Ash did a bit of ballet after the parade. No she doesnt take lessons, she makes it up as she goes along, calls it ballet and insists everyone watches her lol.

disneylandparisoct2010pt1438.jpg

After the parade we did a few more fantasyland rides and then headed out of the park to have dinner at the rainforest cafe. It wasnt that busy when we went in but there was quite a queue as we left. Food was quite good till i was trying to put some vinegar on my chips and the thunderstorm happened, yep poured a cork full of vinegar everywhere, the food, my clothes. Ash who hates a lot of strong smells just wanted to leave but calmed down once i cleaned the table and moved my plate as far away from her as i could without sitting with the people next to me :rotfl:

After another look around the village, a quick look to be honest as we were all exhausted, we headed back to the hotel for another goods night sleep

Is it wrong to admit that I laughed when I read the bit about the vinegar?!!! I was laughing with you though, it's EXACTLY the sort of thing I would do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter