Hanging up my running shoes

We are back!!! I’ll post some photos and more specifics later (in between unpacking/laundry/repacking) but it was an amazing trip. The room was spectacular as was nearly every other aspect of the trip. Sadly the notable exception was the food. But that was a minor thing in comparison to the awesomeness of this vacation.

Next up, Dopey!!

Silver lining? Maybe that’s a good thing - I know it’s so easy for me to overeat on cruises, sonif the food wasn’t good and you didn’t, your stomachs will be thanking you during the marathon.

Welcome back and safe travels!

You don't even have to go back to the real world very long before you go to the happiest place on earth!!

Excited to hear about your adventures!!

LIBERTY OF THE SEAS CHRISTMAS CRUISE!!
Christmas cruise 2017 by giseleb2, on Flickr
As I mentioned already, we had an amazing time, so here's a brief little rundown of the trip. Chris and I along with our girls, Sophie and Paige, and my sister, Yvonne, left out on December 23rd for a long drive to Galveston. It's around an 11 hour drive from home, so we headed out around 7 AM. Car selfie

We'd gotten a dusting of snow and it was COLD, so we were especially happy to be headed south for some warmth.

The drive was uneventful and we spent the night just outside of Houston before getting up the next morning to drive on to Galveston. We got to the port around 10 AM or so and settled in before eventually boarding around noon. First things, first!

Cruise! by giseleb2, on Flickr

Around 1 PM we were told we could go to our cabins. Now, we'd been telling the girls all along that we still had two interior staterooms, so when they walked into our actual cabin, Paige's first remark was, "Wait! It's just one cabin??" I was about to get irritated and then she saw the windows! They were very excited as were we. The cabin was amazing and the views out the front just insane.

The girls had a little bunk room

We had that great king size bed and then my sis was in the couch which converted to a single.

That wooden thing in the middle was the TV console and the TV would swivel between each side of the room, which was great, but we had problems with it. It kept rattling when the engine was sort of low and thrumming. WE had to eventually call maintenance to try and tighten it up. I think there is definitely a design problem there they need to fix. Other than that, it was the only problem with the room. Otherwise it was great. Spacious with lots of closet space and then 1 1/2 baths came in very handy. We LOVED it!!

We could see down to the helipad and people could see us if we were at the windows. We exchanged some waves there. We eventually found our way to the helipad to see our room from there and Paige ran back up there to give us a wave.

We had 3 ports of call. Cozumel where we went to Mr. Sanchos beach club.

Grand Cayman for snorkeling.

Jamaica for ziplining! I was so worried I would hate this since I have issues with heights, but it was actually a blast!

I mentioned that the food in the dining room was pretty disappointing. I would definitely say we had better food on Carnival two years ago. I wasn't very happy. We did pay for lunch one day at Johnny Rockets.

And on our last night we ate at the Chops Grille. Pricey, but delicious.

And, of course, loads of soft serve ice cream!

And quite a bit of pizza!

The ship itself was beautiful. I loved it and we also enjoyed the two man inner tube slide. It was awesome. We sat several mornings early in those great hot tubs enjoying a cup of coffee while the ship was quiet and also spent some time in the steam rooms in the spa. Glorious!

The girls played some mini-golf, which was right above our stateroom. WE could hear when someone knocked a golf ball over the rail of the course and it would roll along the deck. HA!

We also loved having our stateroom to just sit and play games and look at the big blue ocean!

I just wish I could wake up to this sight every day from my bed.

So, that's about it. I highly recommend the ship and if you can ever splurge to do it, one of those panorama view rooms is incredible.

Today has been a whirlwind of laundry and packing to head off to CHILLY??? Florida. What the heck!?!

No rest for the vacation weary. :)

Everything looks awesome! Cruising is just the best.

Have fun this weekend, stay warm and good luck! Can’t wait to hear about it. :)

Great pics!! That room is amazing! It's too bad my oldest gets motion sickness because that room would be great for our family of five...

Yes, pack for every kind of weather for Dopey. :sad2:

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I seriously cannot get over those windows (and the large ocean view) ... amazing!

Oooh loved your view!!! That room!!! Glad you guys had a wonderful vacation! Time to pack for another great trip hehe!! See you at Mickey's house!:-)

Looks like such a fun cruise!! We went on our RC cruise this last Feb. we went zip lining in Jamaica too. I was SO terrified, but had such a great time! That country with all the greenery is so beautiful! I'm sorry your food was disappointing, but maybe you'll be happy you're not coming home with a food baby like I usually do after vacation :) That room looks simply amazing!!

I'm jealous. But also so happy for you! That looks amazing!
And that room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter