Gutted - flight price gone up again

Hi All

I booked OKW in September to make sure we got the deal we wanted and have also been patiently waiting to book flights.

We are flying out 21st July (doing 11 nights in I-Drive before OKW) to 10th August and my original budget of £400 each for indirect has gone out of the window.

I am quietly panicking. I am going with my two kids, DS16 and DD14, and both kids ask me daily "have we got the flights yet mum".

Yesterday a deal come up indirect with United at £555 each, and I thought I'd "sleep on it" and guess what? The deal isnt there today!!

But is £555 for indirect worth doing if it comes back - or would you still wait and wait and wait for indirect to be around £400? We are flying from London.

Advice please, or any thoughts??!!

xxx

HELP!!!!

I have just logged onto United again... and this £555 price is back!

Should I go ahead... was gutted this morning that it was gone... but now its back... Heathrow - Washington - Orlando

I am pushing it though going way over my £400 "maximum" budget!!!

What would you guys do? Shall I book??!!!

xx

Just think how much the peace of mind that you have your flights is worth! How gutted would you be if the flights were all gone by tomorrow? Looking at what people are having to pay, it seems like a good price.

Indirect is no big deal if that is one of your concerns, I actually prefer having the flight broken up, although with a 2 year old we avoid it for now.

GL with your decision! :goodvibes

Going indirect doesnt worry me. I quite like the idea of going through immigration etc in Washington, leaving me free to hit Orlando as soon as we arrive!!

I just dont get why the price for this particular flight is changing from £555 to £580 and back again almost daily? What is the point of this?

I have clicked on "view seats" and there are plenty still available so maybe I should just sit tight and wait......

x

I just dont get why the price for this particular flight is changing from £555 to £580 and back again almost daily? What is the point of this?

Maybe people buying and others cancelling affecting the prices :)

:goodvibes

Maybe they are only releasing certain seats each day, then pooling them in the system and releasing another combo batch the next day?:confused3 I still think it is a marketing strategy and all the airlines are in on it - if you read the threads, people are panicking and actually booking over and above their budget for fear they won't be able to fly otherwise. I wonder if the airlines are trying to sell off the more expensive seats first, so that any unused ones at the last minute can be sold on "sale" at the cheap price they would have sold at had they been released for sale together? PLEASE dont' take this as advice to hold out - it is purely speculation on my part.

Strangely it is now looking pretty competitive to book a flight inclusive package if you want to go direct. Is that because the TAs have pre-agreed prices for the block of seats they hold? Just a thought - and maybe an option for anyone who hasn't booked accommodation yet.

HELP!!!!

I have just logged onto United again... and this £555 price is back!

Should I go ahead... was gutted this morning that it was gone... but now its back... Heathrow - Washington - Orlando

I am pushing it though going way over my £400 "maximum" budget!!!

What would you guys do? Shall I book??!!!

xx
Did you book?

Did you book?

No I didnt:mad:

And I have checked daily each day and the same indirect flights with United are now £691.:mad::mad:

My daughter has been having a whinge at me every day saying "mum, why didnt you book them?".!! :sad2:

So I'm completely back to the waiting game again. So gutted. Booking ADRs next week. And no flights to get us there.

Not good.

Lorraine xxx

Hi all

I booked all my ADR's today! All at the times I wanted! :banana:

And I should be buzzing and excited..... :cool1:

But I still dont have flights and am seriously worried about it! :scared1:

Cheapest indirect now is around £610!!:rotfl:

Please someone send me good vibes and tell me these prices will be slashed soon!!! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

Lorraine x

Can't help with news on the flights Lorraine - but can say WELL DONE getting those ADRS!!!:thumbsup2

If it makes you feel any better I'm in the same boat, only I have slightly longer left to wait.

I keep checking on a daily basis to see if our flights have gone down in price only to see today "no flights" on my dates. :sad2:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us needing those Manchester flights at realistic prices :goodvibes

Wow virgin really are expensive, I just priced up my dates out of interest and they came out at £1098 per person in economy. So glad I took the plunge and bookde air canada executive first for £1200 back in October.

Wow virgin really are expensive, I just priced up my dates out of interest and they came out at £1098 per person in economy. So glad I took the plunge and bookde air canada executive first for £1200 back in October.

Our dates are now at £1,150.02, lowest I could have bought were codeshare thru Continental around £700, maybe I should have paid that, maybe I should have bought the £400 AA flights into Miami from London. In the end gone for Delta business Elite with perfect times and airports I want MAN~MCO, £1,170 but if I get same srvice as last year worth every penny. :cloud9:

Good luck to anyone still waiting, I hope an offer comes along soon.

I keep checking on a daily basis to see if our flights have gone down in price only to see today "no flights" on my dates. :sad2:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us needing those Manchester flights at realistic prices :goodvibes

I see you're going in October. Is it half term? We're going at the end of August and paid £417 each for economy flights with Virgin (miles+money). I don't understand why you're unable to find reasonable prices in October (unless it's half term, as I said, but it's not like it's the height of summer or anything so it still doesn't make much sense). Have you not considered flying out of another airport?

Flights really have gone up a lot this year. We just booked for end of Sept for 18 nights and paid £390pp for a miles plus money fare. (Normal fares for this flight were £455). I am so luck we can still avoid peak season.

Looking at my E-Ticket though, only £205 of that is taxes!! Thats just over half of the price in tax!

Good luck for anyone looking for August flights!

Hi guys, don't know if this helps at all but I booked my trip on Saturday for me and my girlfiend at Thomson for £1400 each for everything, that includes flights accomodation park tickets transfers the lot, for 14 nights.

She had to go through Jetsave and the only way we could do it direct was to go to Sanford instead of Orlando International, apprently theres not much difference!

We're going in the last two weeks of august!

Hi guys, don't know if this helps at all but I booked my trip on Saturday for me and my girlfiend at Thomson for £1400 each for everything, that includes flights accomodation park tickets transfers the lot, for 14 nights.

Not bad. We've paid a bit less for direct Virgin flights to MCO, 15 nights at SSR (with free DDP), tickets and transfers. Where are you staying?

We're staying at a hotel called Monumental Movieland on ID, with our budget it was the cheapest we could find!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter