Gutted - flight price gone up again

stephensmum

DIS Veteran
After much deliberation, I had decided to book the Virgin flights at £718 each, yesterday, only to find an increase to £760. Now I have to wait in the hope that the in direct ones come down. I'm gutted as it was more than I wanted to pay but just wanted to get it sorted, so I could book hotels.

Mine have jumped to £953.89, not a chance I will pay it.
Indirect are about £620, I will pay that if I have to but looks less likely every day that I will be going with Virgin this August.

The difference is much greater for your dates, i'd be even more gutted to only save £100 by going in direct. Particularly, after waiting all this time. Think I might have to book SSR soon, as it would tip me over the edge to loose out on that.

I gave in a couple of week back with OKW, had to book something:rotfl:

Does anyone know if there is a reason for this? Did similar happen at the beginning of last year or is this completely random, unexpected and unexplained? I must say, in early December I felt like I had been overcharged seriously on the flight component as I could have done a bit better with the same Virgin flights DIY. All of a sudden it is looking like my price wasnt too shabby ... and there is something scary about that!

I hope they are trying scare people into booking then drop the price, don't think its going to happen somehow with Virgin but hope indirect offers come up.

Yep the flight's we booked have now gone up to £903 p/p for August.

:goodvibes

It makes my deal, which wasn't a very good deal, look great!!! Not so good for next year - prices like that are becoming prohibitive.

In my experience (last 2 years) we have waited and waited and the indirect price has just kept rising.

Wayne I know you have a lot of experience but have you checked out Kenwood travel for Virgin flights? We have booked with them - although prices still high they are cheaper than with Virgin direct.

It makes my deal, which wasn't a very good deal, look great!!! Not so good for next year - prices like that are becoming prohibitive.

Agreed! Perhaps someone will spot the business opportunity and launch a fleet of ships as a means of getting there and back .... wonder how my employer will respond if I request four weeks off for what is technically a two week holiday :lmao:

In my experience (last 2 years) we have waited and waited and the indirect price has just kept rising.

Wayne I know you have a lot of experience but have you checked out Kenwood travel for Virgin flights? We have booked with them - although prices still high they are cheaper than with Virgin direct.

Offers keep coming and going with indirect, last week cound have booked buisiness class for about £1,100pp or economy £580, a lot better value than Virgin economy £953. Direct don't seem to have offers anymore like they used to.

Kenwood are a few £ cheaper but still way more than my limit. If nothing shows we will swim across or cancel.

I guess that with airlines going bust they have taken the opportunity to invoke the supply and demand rule - I hope for you all that they go down soon. I booked my seats in October for my September trip at £550each and thought that was alot but I'm kinda glad I did. Sending good vibes that the prices go down so you can get your fix of Disney!

The prices for August are extortionate, they do seem to fluctuate a lot though from day to day, my upper limit for flights of around £500 has gone out the window. We really dont want to fly indirect (but may have to) so Virgin is the only real option for us, I have to say as soon as (IF!) I can get a flight with Virgin for £650 or under - I am booking. If these prices are the shape of things to come, we will have to consider (for the first time in 16 years) an alternative holiday destination...Clacton for example!

I am so shocked by these prices! We have booked our BA flights for October for £390. I appreciate August is a peak time, but these prices are ludicrous - over £3k for flights for a family of 4?! I really hope you all get the better deal you are after :goodvibes

Hello to all...I live in Italy and have been looking at flights for August and was also wondering what has happened to prices. My husband told me that he would like to return to Disney so as soon as he said that I started to look for prices. I had found for 2 adults and 2 children leaving around the 21st of Aug and resturning Sept.2nd and it was about €2800, on BA with an overnight in London (leaving from Venice). In less than a week the same dates have gon to €3800 !!! Lufthansa has about the same prices. :confused3
I really do not know what to do, exept wait ...if not we will save and go in 2011...and I will buy the atkts as soon as the dates come out !

I am so shocked by these prices! We have booked our BA flights for October for £390. I appreciate August is a peak time, but these prices are ludicrous - over £3k for flights for a family of 4?! I really hope you all get the better deal you are after :goodvibes
last time we went in Oct we paid £240 (indirect) I think its costs near that in taxes now so doubt we will get that price ever again. Thankfully(hopefully) not many more years of sticking to school hols for us, Matt is 16 in July so cheaper times of year for us on the horizon.
Hello to all...I live in Italy and have been looking at flights for August
Welcome from Italy, good luck with your search, not easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter