Gutted - flight price gone up again

The difference is much greater for your dates, i'd be even more gutted to only save £100 by going in direct. Particularly, after waiting all this time. Think I might have to book SSR soon, as it would tip me over the edge to loose out on that.

If I were you I'd book that at least. OK you're £50pp out of pocket if you can't get flights, but against that is the risk the deal won't be there anymore.
We booked OKW for Oct/Nov, but after a very frustrating few weeks when the offer was there and I waited for flights then it went away. I was kicking myself every day (and grumbling at DW who hadn't felt quite the urgency to book as I had :lmao:). We phoned Disney reservations to ask whether the offer would return, but they hadn't a clue - you never get to speak to the person that actually makes the decision... So when all of a sudden it reappeared one day I booked it.
Then we jumped on flights to Miami using miles plus money, but not for the dates I really wanted, only to find 2 days later the date we wanted come up :mad:

Anyway after a lot of faffing and aggravation at least we're booked... :)

Maybe everyone does this anyway, but if you input your flight choice into www.kayak.co.uk, it will search the cheapest prices and email them to you every day. We were able to book our flights at £390 one random day - all other days were showing at £419 (there are 9 of us so the saving is quite a lot). I was trying to check the BA site every day, but there were days I forgot or didn't get time. Plus kayak searches eg Opodo, Expedia etc, and sometimes, the price is cheaper on just one site.

Today the price is showing as £442, so I'm feeling quite smug (note to self - stop the updates before the price comes down) :)

Another tip I read today can be found here http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/585888/save-money-on-flights-cars-and-hote

Might just work for someone! :goodvibes

We have a villa booked for the last 2 weeks in October but have yet to find the flights at a price we are willing to pay.
Yes we want to go back. Yes we know it is generally an expensive holiday. But we are not prepared to pay what is being asked at the moment.
It certainly makes a mockery of the claim that the price of holidays won't go up during school holidays. As long as the airlines continue with these prices people will continue to take their kids out of school to go on holiday.

Many thanks on the tips about the websites to check. There's more there than I have been checking so I will give them a go :thumbsup2

We have given in & booked at £718, going 2 days earlier than planned. It was not an option for us not to go this year, as it is our 50th's & Stephens 13th. Any future trips we will wait it out. Thanks to all of you for your input.

Blimey - we decided to go for California this year (Disneyland, of course) - we paid £2000 for three adult seats in July ( BA - MAN-LHR-LAX) - seemed expensive at the time compared with Florida - but doesnt seem so bad now.

We too have bitten the bullet and decided to book, managed to get miles plus money with Virgin from Manchester 15th Aug returning on 3rd Sept, 3 adults and 1 child at an average of £605 (after quidco cashback). Any other year I would say that was very expensive, this year it seems cheap!

It will be interesting to see if they come down at all in any forthcoming sales, the more I see the prces of all airline flights to Florida, the less I think it will.....but we shall see. Just glad to be booked, can now sort ot (expensive this year again!) car hire, thankfully got good deals on hotels with Disney and Universal (glitch).

The flights we want for Sept are currently £453 which although is a lot more than i would have paid in the past, so far this year it seems a good price! Thankfully i can travel out of school holidays at the moment.

Unfortunately i cannot book as our baby hasnt been born yet and therefore we cannot name him/her on the tickets :)

We paid high prices for August depsite the fact we are going late in the month, when price is cheaper, but having to go Premium Economy for Joshua's sake is the main reason.

To be honest with car rental prices being so high, there is a chance we may not actually go, albeit a slim one, so far we have only paid deposit on flights and villa, so much still to pay out.
Been lucky to go so many times but the overall cost is just getting silly now.

Does anyone know if there is a reason for this? Did similar happen at the beginning of last year or is this completely random, unexpected and unexplained? I must say, in early December I felt like I had been overcharged seriously on the flight component as I could have done a bit better with the same Virgin flights DIY. All of a sudden it is looking like my price wasnt too shabby ... and there is something scary about that!

I could be wrong but I think it could have a lot to do with Globespan folding up here. They did really cheap flights from Scotland and now lots of people up here are looking for flight only deals and are going from England cause it's actually cheaper (believe it or not) than going from Scotland at the mo. We've hadn't booked Globespan but have gone for Virgin flights from Manchester (which is a good 4 hours drive from here) because we're saving a few hundred pounds doing it that way and can fly direct!

Alot of people are waiting to see if they are getting their money back and I believe are due to find out soon, so it may only get worse!?

mo x

We too have bitten the bullet and decided to book, managed to get miles plus money with Virgin from Manchester 15th Aug returning on 3rd Sept, 3 adults and 1 child at an average of £605 (after quidco cashback). Any other year I would say that was very expensive, this year it seems cheap!

It will be interesting to see if they come down at all in any forthcoming sales, the more I see the prces of all airline flights to Florida, the less I think it will.....but we shall see. Just glad to be booked, can now sort ot (expensive this year again!) car hire, thankfully got good deals on hotels with Disney and Universal (glitch).
We were going for the same dates as you but at the last minute changed it to the Friday for the same rate £719 each. What seats did you book? we have rows 34 there &35 back, was'nt many left , so I went for the ones nearest to the front. We are on the later flight on the way home, are you?

Hi Sharon,
Row 58 both ways, as you say not many left to choose from, we wanted a row of four and this was the furthest forward that was available.

We really wanted Saturday 14th out and Sept 2nd back, but no miles plus money for those dates, Friday was no good for us, struggled to get a full 3 weeks off work as it was.

We are travelling down from Blyth, I guess you have a similar journey, Saturday night in the Travelodge at Manchester Airport (£19) for us and early flight out on the Sunday, like you the later flight back on Friday.

About to book the hire car, the costs just keep adding up!

Hope you have a great trip!

Michael

I could be wrong but I think it could have a lot to do with Globespan folding up here. They did really cheap flights from Scotland and now lots of people up here are looking for flight only deals and are going from England cause it's actually cheaper (believe it or not) than going from Scotland at the mo. We've hadn't booked Globespan but have gone for Virgin flights from Manchester (which is a good 4 hours drive from here) because we're saving a few hundred pounds doing it that way and can fly direct!

Alot of people are waiting to see if they are getting their money back and I believe are due to find out soon, so it may only get worse!?

mo x

I have always found flights from England to be cheaper (I am talking Virgin now). We always go from Manchester. I dont drive so we fly down from Edinburgh the day before, overnight at the Radisson and go direct VA from there to MCO. I have always struggled to get flights from Glasgow for some reason and when they are available the prices are extortionate so it was better via Manchester - even with the pricey hotel! This year we are going Glasgow MCO for the first tine. I think it was a personal challenge for me to prove I could have it!!! Three months ago I was having a small rant about the price - now it doesn't look like I got a bad deal after all!

Hi Sharon,
Row 58 both ways, as you say not many left to choose from, we wanted a row of four and this was the furthest forward that was available.

We really wanted Saturday 14th out and Sept 2nd back, but no miles plus money for those dates, Friday was no good for us, struggled to get a full 3 weeks off work as it was.

We are travelling down from Blyth, I guess you have a similar journey, Saturday night in the Travelodge at Manchester Airport (£19) for us and early flight out on the Sunday, like you the later flight back on Friday.

About to book the hire car, the costs just keep adding up!

Hope you have a great trip!

Michael
Hi Micheal. It's strange but your first choice of dates was the same as ours. Yes, we will drive down the night before. See you've got the car hire sorted. Hope you have a great holiday, we may see you on the way back.

Hi All

I booked OKW in September to make sure we got the deal we wanted and have also been patiently waiting to book flights.

We are flying out 21st July (doing 11 nights in I-Drive before OKW) to 10th August and my original budget of £400 each for indirect has gone out of the window.

I am quietly panicking. I am going with my two kids, DS16 and DD14, and both kids ask me daily "have we got the flights yet mum".

Yesterday a deal come up indirect with United at £555 each, and I thought I'd "sleep on it" and guess what? The deal isnt there today!!

But is £555 for indirect worth doing if it comes back - or would you still wait and wait and wait for indirect to be around £400? We are flying from London.

Advice please, or any thoughts??!!

xxx

If you had asked a few month ago is £555 worth taking I would have said no, now it is a very tempting price. Most I have paid in August is £533 direct with Virgin, this year they started at over £700 now over £1,000, still hoping for any kind of offer either using airmiles or indirect but it looks like I will have to pay more than I want.
The £400 direct to Miami flights from a few month back look a bargain now which I turned down, well done to all those who took them.

I know how that quietly panicing feeling feels !!!!:eek:

I have been patiently waiting for good prices on PE October flights ideally from Manchester.

They seem to be rising now by the day, and I am seriously now considering either cancelling until next year or flying ecomomy, but even still the prices then are the same for ecomomy as we paid for PE last year :scared1:

Whats going on, I fail to believe that the flights are busy enough to hike the prices this high :confused3

So annoyed at myself! My flights were £405 last night through ebooker, 2.1% quidco would make them just under my £400 budget... didn't have my bankcard on me last night so waited til this morning... gone up to £480!!!! not happy.. :headache:

Have to keep playing this waiting game for a while longer...

We are also on the look out for PE July/August flights. Guess we are starting to cut it a bit fine, but I've not found any decent prices yet. If nothing comes up I'll cancel and we'll go next year. Anybody know how this works -- we've booked the 42% off and free DDP deal with Disney UK: if I cancel I guess I will lose the £50pp deposit, but what about if I re-schedule?

Whats going on, I fail to believe that the flights are busy enough to hike the prices this high :confused3
No idea. It's crazy! :confused3

We are also on the look out for PE July/August flights. Guess we are starting to cut it a bit fine, but I've not found any decent prices yet. If nothing comes up I'll cancel and we'll go next year. Anybody know how this works -- we've booked the 42% off and free DDP deal with Disney UK: if I cancel I guess I will lose the £50pp deposit, but what about if I re-schedule?

No idea. It's crazy! :confused3

I had the same thoughts. I understand that you can rearrange your holiday for say, the same time next year, but you pay the price of what that holiday would cost at the time of amending. Therefore if there are no offers on for the period you are changing too then you benefit in way of the offer you have booked on, ie my holiday is not due for payment until August 2010. We actually booked this holiday in May 2009 when the 42% off and Free Dining offer was on, therefore I am thinking of cancelling and rescheduling for 2011 IF the offer comes back, if not I may as well lose the deposit as the cost for this holiday on the Disney Website now plus the DDP is over £12k :scared1:

I gave up and bit the bullet yesterday. We've booked US Airways Glasgow to Tampa (via Philly) 1-15 August and paid rather more than I was wanting to- £2380 for 4 of us. We'd already bought tickets via Globespan so are waiting for £400 back from the CC company for that which softens the blow a bit (i.e. mentally, the £400 was spent so it feels like less for the flights than it really is and I'm all about psychologically deceiving myself! ;) ). Everyone else was around the £3000 mark!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter