Grocery Delivery Options?

We use and have used now several times Dizzy Dolphin. They may not be the cheapest but they are so easy and friendly to work with and we have had no issues at all with them. They were recommended to us by a cast member when we decided to switch. We have also used Garden Grocer in the past. I like the fact that Dizzy Dolphin can deliver beer/wine to us in our order and leave it with the grocery order at the resort with out the need for us to be there and sign for it as many do if they deliver alcohol at all.
I posted this on another thread, but am adding it her as well in case anybody stumbles across and needs some info.

We were loyal to Dizzy Dolphin. We switched to Garden Grocer.

Dizzy provides a good service, but not anything special beyond Garden Grocer or Vacation Grocery Delivery. They are VERY expensive. Whatever the store price is, they almost double it. If water is $7, they charge $13. If chips are $5, they charge $9. If Oreos are $4.50, they charge $9. If coffee is $11, they charge $20 - $23. If alcohol is $22, they charge almost $40 and so on. You get the idea. Nice people, but the service they perform is not worth the prices.

Dizzy makes a big deal about them being the only service that will put your groceries away correctly, but that is not true. Garden Grocer and VGD do the same. They also mention they give you "free stuff" as a way to say thanks, but it is a small bag of things like travel band-aids, travel sanitizer or travel sized crackers/cookies. Not a big deal at all.

Watch what you order with Dizzy Dolphin. One time I ordered 6 muffins and was charged $36. They send the bill to review, so it's on me for missing that one, but who would have imagined.
Dizzy Dolphin is great with separating the fridge stuff for Bell Services and dealing with the alcohol beforehand. As I only know Canadian pricing for stuff, I found there stuff to be at least double the CA price but in USD. I would expect that would wind up being double the store pricing.
Dizzy is very, very expensive. It is like gouging at this point. Seriously. Nice ladies, nit worth the upcharge.

We've used Kroger the last 4 trips. Very happy with them. I am used to their products.
$9.95 delivery charge, no tips allowed.
They do run out if items sometimes, they will do substitutions if you okay it.

We've used Kroger the last 4 trips. Very happy with them. I am used to their products.
$9.95 delivery charge, no tips allowed.
They do run out if items sometimes, they will do substitutions if you okay it.
It seems like Kroger is blocking connections from where I am (Canada). Oh well, thanks for the idea but unusable for me 🤷🏻‍♀️

I still think Instacart is in the current sweet spot of not price gouging (although still pricey) and great selection plus the ability to monitor the shopping in real time and chat with the shopper about substitutions.

It seems like Kroger is blocking connections from where I am (Canada). Oh well, thanks for the idea but unusable for me 🤷🏻‍♀️
Have you tried Instacart? We are also from Canada and thought to try it out. Looks like I can access the site from here?

I've used Amazon/WholeFoods/Fresh but I signed up for WalMart+ when it was 1/2 price, so will probably try their free delivery on the next trip.

Who do you use for grocery delivery to your resort?

We used Garden Grocer the last few times and were happy with it.

Just wondering who other people have used?
Who do you use for grocery delivery to your resort? My Wife

We used Garden Grocer the last few times and were happy with it. She can be annoying at times but tolerable.

Just wondering who other people have used? Adult daughter, worse than the wife.

We are doing a split say in August. I think I will try Kroger's for the first stay and then Publix for the second.

We have fairly simple orders just water, snacks, cereal. milk, bread/English muffins, yogurt, iced tea, frozen fruit and bananas. I could order the same stuff for each order.

Have you tried Instacart? We are also from Canada and thought to try it out. Looks like I can access the site from here?
I used Instacart last summer. I made sure to log into .com, not .ca. Could not use my Credit Card, as it was really wanting a State+zip code. I used my Paypal account. But no alcohool with Paypal.

garden grocer used to have a nice discount for ordering early, they were fair priced items and reliable. we used them for many many year. They now stopped the early ordering discount and their prices are so jacked up. the items we ordered some were stale and had stickers priced way lower than what we were charged. so we wont be using them anymore, switching to Waterbutlers.

I signed up for WalMart+ when it was 1/2 price, so will probably try their free delivery on the next trip.
One of my credit cards comps WM+, so I gave it a try for my current stay. Seems fine. I am happy to tip the person doing this for me, because I don't want to do it myself. One item was unavailable and I asked for no substitutions. I can live without it, and it beats driving to the store and/or paying resort store prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter