Grocery Delivery Options?

If we aren't at the resort when getting a delivery from Whole Foods will they refrigerate items? I thought they weren't doing that anymore?
We also have a split stay- if we bring food over ourselves to second resort, will they refrigerate? thanks

They'll refrigerate/freeze items that need it, as long as you or a delivery service bring it to them. They just won't transport them from one resort to another anymore.

Hope it's okay if I add some questions here instead of starting a new thread.

Do these sites/services have a minimum amount you need to buy? I'm thinking when we go, we'll just want a case of bottle water and possibly a snack or two. Not sure what the best option for this is.

Hope it's okay if I add some questions here instead of starting a new thread.

Do these sites/services have a minimum amount you need to buy? I'm thinking when we go, we'll just want a case of bottle water and possibly a snack or two. Not sure what the best option for this is.
No minimum dollar amount for Amazon/Whole Foods that I'm aware of, but I think the order would have to be large enough to make the $9.95 worth it (that amount is charged regardless of the size of your order.)

We always used Garden Grocer until a few years ago when their prices got crazy. We now only use Instacart shopping at Publix and its worked out great.
Same. It’s very convenient to use Instacart, and we often get emails with reduced/free deliveries (fees). Garden Grocer used to be our go-to. But Instacart is significantly cheaper. 2 weeks ago we tried something new and Ubered to Publix to do our own shopping. Not as convenient, but still cheaper than GG, and definitely able to pick out great produce and exactly what we wanted.
I’ve read that if you have them delivered with your luggage there’s no charge other than the tip. Or if you pick them up from Bell Services yourself, no charge.
2 weeks ago at the BCV, we were charged $6 for delivery only from Bell Services because we had groceries. We asked if we could use one of their carts (OKW allowed us to use in February), they told us no, and they’d bring our groceries up right away. Packages delivered in 10 minutes, but so did the $6 charge to our folio. We did not store groceries with them at all and had just returned from Publix.

Last edited:

Same, Garden Grocer's prices are insane. At least double the cost of each item, plus service fee and tip. The only good thing about them was that they would verify ID electronically and leave alcohol with Bell Services. Now I just use Instacart and meet them, so much cheaper.
Yeah with so many grocery delivery options available now, I don't see how their model is sustainable, unless they just have a VERY loyal customer base.

Good evening, Can I just jump on this thread and ask what folk do coming from the UK? I've just had a look at both the Instacart and Walmart + and they are not available to download in the UK. So is it just a case of waiting until you arrive and download and do your shopping order when you arrive? Thanks in advance

Good evening, Can I just jump on this thread and ask what folk do coming from the UK? I've just had a look at both the Instacart and Walmart + and they are not available to download in the UK. So is it just a case of waiting until you arrive and download and do your shopping order when you arrive? Thanks in advance
You can absolutely do this. Most of the time you can choose same day delivery and pick your window. We place our order while waiting to board the plane in the morning.

Hi we are from the UK too!👋🏻

In the past we had always used Garden Grocer but found their prices last year really inflated. On our last two trips we used Water Butlers and were impressed with their service. They don’t sell alcohol so we ended up ordering alcohol from Garden Grocer and our food/water from Water Butlers. You can order from Water Butlers ahead of time(we do it before we leave UK) and set up your delivery time and date that works for you.

As @han22735 stated above, you can definitely do this with Instacart. Once you land in the US, go online and you can place your order. We've never had a problem getting same day delivery (unless it was late in the evening). You can order once you get to your resort and choose a delivery time then. It's a very convenient service!
@TheHill’s you can order both water and alcohol from instacart if you are interested...
We have used Publix and Costco through instacart.

We’ve always had good luck with Garden Grocer and have used them for several years. Yes, they are pricey, but the service has been very good. We don’t use them on every trip but wouldn’t hesitate using them again.

We used Instacart the last 2 trips. Once because our flight was so delayed, our car service could not do the grocery stop. Very pleased with the service. The second time, we used them because the we had such a great experience the first time!

Same. It’s very convenient to use Instacart, and we often get emails with reduced/free deliveries (fees). Garden Grocer used to be our go-to. But Instacart is significantly cheaper. 2 weeks ago we tried something new and Ubered to Publix to do our own shopping. Not as convenient, but still cheaper than GG, and definitely able to pick out great produce and exactly what we wanted.

2 weeks ago at the BCV, we were charged $6 for delivery only from Bell Services because we had groceries. We asked if we could use one of their carts (OKW allowed us to use in February), they told us no, and they’d bring our groceries up right away. Packages delivered in 10 minutes, but so did the $6 charge to our folio. We did not store groceries with them at all and had just returned from Publix.
So your groceries came, asked for a cart was told no, but bell services brought it right up and was still still charged the $6?

With so many groceries being delivered, I can understand if there is a charge for storage since time is involved if they have to put some items in fridge and freezer and then get them again.

But if just going from curbside to room....that's crazy.

So your groceries came, asked for a cart was told no, but bell services brought it right up and was still still charged the $6?

With so many groceries being delivered, I can understand if there is a charge for storage since time is involved if they have to put some items in fridge and freezer and then get them again.

But if just going from curbside to room....that's crazy.
You described EXACTLY what happened. We were not allowed to use a cart. They did NOT store anything. And charged us $6 to deliver groceries. This was at the BCV on April 1st.

You described EXACTLY what happened. We were not allowed to use a cart. They did NOT store anything. And charged us $6 to deliver groceries. This was at the BCV on April 1st.
And did you also tip the bell services CM that delivered them? I understand the grocery delivery charge, but I'm confused as to why a guest can't use a cart to bring them up themselves if they want to. (During our trip last year my husband happened to be down in the lobby when our grocery order was arriving, so he carried it up himself. It was a decent sized order but any larger and a cart probably would have been needed. I haven't experienced being charged yet.)

You can do Walmart+ on the website and pay with Paypal. I think some Canadians have done it like that.

This is probably dumb, but if you are in the UK can you look at the Walmart website and choose a store in the U.S. to see what they have? Same re the Publix website. If yes - that would make it faster and easier to order once you get to Orlando. If no - well then, never mind.

OP here, I’m glad I started this conversation as my family is now looking at other options to see what makes the most sense for us.

Same. We were at the Villas at the Grand Floridian earlier this month. The $6 charge appeared on our final hotel bill.
Yes, we've found the $6 fee is standard for any of the resorts, if they deliver the groceries to your room. We usually order enough stuff for several days, and it's worth the $6 to not have to meet the delivery and lug everything to the room - but that's a choice each of us has to make for ourselves! Just an FYI, from experience. Make sure, when dealing with a grocery delivery service, they mark the bags that need to be refrigerated - it's the only way bell services will put it in their refrigerators. Bell don't go through the order to figure out the things that need to be kept cold. It's something the store should do for you, but we've had a situation where they didn't, and we lost butter and milk. We got a refund, but then had to go buy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter