Grocery Delivery Options?

Who do you use for grocery delivery to your resort?

We used Garden Grocer the last few times and were happy with it.

Just wondering who other people have used?
We use and have used now several times Dizzy Dolphin. They may not be the cheapest but they are so easy and friendly to work with and we have had no issues at all with them. They were recommended to us by a cast member when we decided to switch. We have also used Garden Grocer in the past. I like the fact that Dizzy Dolphin can deliver beer/wine to us in our order and leave it with the grocery order at the resort with out the need for us to be there and sign for it as many do if they deliver alcohol at all.

Yes, we've found the $6 fee is standard for any of the resorts, if they deliver the groceries to your room.
Do I have to be in the room for them to deliver it? Let's say on check in day I plan to be in a park until 8pm, but check in is 4pm. If I set the delivery time to 6pm, will they take it right up to my room. If so, the $6 is well worth it! But if I have to call at 8pm, I'd rather just carry it myself

And did you also tip the bell services CM that delivered them? I understand the grocery delivery charge, but I'm confused as to why a guest can't use a cart to bring them up themselves if they want to. (During our trip last year my husband happened to be down in the lobby when our grocery order was arriving, so he carried it up himself. It was a decent sized order but any larger and a cart probably would have been needed. I haven't experienced being charged yet.)
My understanding is the tip is separate from the charge. We are staying at BLT for a week and eating more than half of our meals in room. We have a bill over $200. Can’t expect bell services to handle all that without a tip.

Do I have to be in the room for them to deliver it? Let's say on check in day I plan to be in a park until 8pm, but check in is 4pm. If I set the delivery time to 6pm, will they take it right up to my room. If so, the $6 is well worth it! But if I have to call at 8pm, I'd rather just carry it myself
Yes, you have to be in your room for Bell Services to deliver groceries, or luggage, for that matter. So if you’re coming in at 8PM and the groceries/luggage are already there, it’s usually easy to stop by Bell Services and pick it up yourself.

No, they deliver to GS and they store it until you pick it up yourself or have them deliver it for a $6.00 fee plus tip. With rooms now not being ready many times until after 4:00 now this helps because you do not need to hang around. When you get back to your room or it is ready then you can get your groceries. Many times your groceries are delivered before noon or at least before your room is ready. Many do require a signature if alcohol is in the order and this is why we use Dizzy Dolphin. They verify age during the ordering process so we do not need to hang around.

Watch what you order with Dizzy Dolphin. One time I ordered 6 muffins and was charged $36. They send the bill to review, so it's on me for missing that one, but who would have imagined.
Dizzy Dolphin is great with separating the fridge stuff for Bell Services and dealing with the alcohol beforehand. As I only know Canadian pricing for stuff, I found there stuff to be at least double the CA price but in USD. I would expect that would wind up being double the store pricing.

Does Uber or Lyft allow a stop after being picked up at MCO, before heading to resort?
We’re thinking maybe go to Publix ourselves, perhaps order ahead….

This would be all new to me so let me know if I have this correct.

On the morning of my flight I place an order to be delivered to the resort. We request a delivery time say 4 pm.

We ask that items needing to be refrigerated or frozen be placed in marked bags

When we arrive for check in we can have our groceries brought to the room. We will be charged $6 and we will also tip

And did you also tip the bell services CM that delivered them? I understand the grocery delivery charge, but I'm confused as to why a guest can't use a cart to bring them up themselves if they want to. (During our trip last year my husband happened to be down in the lobby when our grocery order was arriving, so he carried it up himself. It was a decent sized order but any larger and a cart probably would have been needed. I haven't experienced being charged yet.)
We did tip the bell services CM. Keep in mind that (1) it's not her/his fault we were charged for this, and (2) even if it mattered, we weren't aware of the charge until check-out. We always have a zero balance (DVC) but check the folio on departure day (it is emailed to us after all).
I could have brought them up myself, I guess, but there were several bags that we ourselves had brought back from Publix. Didn't realize the fee we'd incur.

Disney, at least DVC, used to never allow guests to take a cart to deliver their own stuff to their own rooms. At least that was our experience for many years (25 years as DVC). More recently, and I assume since Covid, they've been short-handed and have allowed guests to use the bell services cart. In January, I stayed for a night in All-Stars, and they allowed me to take a cart. Same trip, at CCV, I was allowed to take a cart. In February, we were at OKW and they also allowed us to use the carts which is surprising given the size of the resort and how far away you could be. But in early April, at the BCV, it was a firm "no."

Not a huge deal, but rather odd that we were charged. They never stored anything. We even packed the cart for them to bring up. They simply rolled it to the villas and up the elevator to the third floor.

Unfortunately many guests do not return the carts .
Disney probably doesn’t want to pay castmember to wander the entire resort to search for their carts . It’s not like the grocery stores that can easily stack a bunch of grocery carts on the parking lot.
$6 sounds like a reasonable added fee for service.

I found there stuff to be at least double the CA price but in USD. I would expect that would wind up being double the store pricing.
Wow, all this for alcohol?

Walmart is spot on for timing and give you an hour window.

Or, you can use Drizly which has better late night spots or last minute spots. They have several very close liquor stores, and the pricing is fine. Obv tip, as drivers on these services get paid on tips. You could make an order as you're getting on the bus to leave the park and have it all done before bed, or order from the Uber from the airport and probably line up perfect. But Drizly only delivers alcohol. You still have to show up with an ID for both, that's FL rules. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dizzy Dolphin have to check ID too now, kind of surprised to see they haven't been following the rules.

Edit: Just opened my Drizly app, and it's ready to send champagne to Grand Floridian LOL. Looks like there are now two hour windows for some stores and one hour for others. Pricing appears to be normal, in store pricing, a little cheaper than my home stores, actually. They open at 11AM and go to 10PM. Hope that helps you get some bubbly to VGF!

Last edited:
We've used Amazon/Whole Foods multiple times now. I put my items in my online cart the night before and check out when we land.
I can't say if they will deliver without someone being there to receive the items, bc we usually are.
I can confirm as of Jan there was still a 9.95 fee and they do scan your ID for alcohol.

You can do Walmart+ on the website and pay with Paypal. I think some Canadians have done it like that.
Yes, this is what we have done from Canada. Used the website instead of the app. That way we can choose our delivery window while still at home. I can start building my grocery list on the website well in advance as well. Nice to do that when I'm not in vacation mode.

Kroger worked well for us earlier this year.
Did you order using the app? If so, what did you use for your address to sign up. There aren’t any Kroger stores near my house so I’m only planning on using it at WDW. After you sign up, is there a place to change address to where you want groceries delivered?

Did you order using the app? If so, what did you use for your address to sign up. There aren’t any Kroger stores near my house so I’m only planning on using it at WDW. After you sign up, is there a place to change address to where you want groceries delivered?
I used the app and my home address. I live in Cincinnati (Kroger HQ is here) so there are stores here. I would imagine you can sign up using any address.

I selected my resort address as the delivery address and they dropped it off at the bell desk.

We've used Amazon Fresh for many years. We're headed down next week with a large group and will have a very large order. I just wanted to double check that Amazon is still marking what needs to be refrigerated? We will not be back to the hotel till after 10.
TIA!

We had our order delivered with our luggage and we were charged the $6.00.

That was our experience as well. $6 for the delivery plus the guy literally stuck his hand out for a tip before I finished putting the bags in the room. This was in March this year.

Disney says it is a liability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter