Greetings from Akron OH

HI and welcome to the Dis boards Caveman! :wave: I can tell that we really are neighbors!! That is so cool. :cool1: Maybe we could start some sort of Disney club to help us cope with "missing the mouse" :goodvibes

From a transplated Ohioian. :wave2: I grew up in Akron and Tallmadge and teh lived in Ravenna till 2005 then moved to Nashville, TN. Miss NE Ohio but NOT the snow. Did POR this fall for 8 nights.. Miss it already -cant wait to get back . Caveman, why not try Southwest Airlines from Cleveland? Though, we drove from Ravenna the last few times - straight thru - couldnt stop - NEEDED to be in Disney. :moped: Please let me know if an Ohio DIS meet is scheduled - though I'm in Nashville now - my heart belongs to Ohio. Go Buckeys! CAVEMAN - Welcome. :welcome:

:wave2: Welcome! I'm new too. I live in NC. I've been back from WDW for 2 weeks and am counting the days until my next trip (October). :wave2:

Such a Dis Meet in Akron would certainly suit me :thumbsup2 ...of course, we'd have to figure out where such could be held.

On a personal note, Issue 16, a levy in support of Cuyahoga Falls Library (my workplace), has passed :bounce: . You know what this mean? Means I'll be able to afford a DisneyWorld trip next year, if only I can figure out how to get there...

Caveman Bob
:bounce:
(It also means I don't have to scrounge and scavage for flintknapping material...unless I *want* to)

PLEASE tell me if I could be of any help getting a Dis Meet started!! :cool1: How do we do it? :confused3 How do we get it started? :confused3 I love the idea! :love:

Caveman Bob,

Here is another local motorcoach company, Sutton motorcoach Tour, Youngstown, Ohio :moped:

First, the important stuff...

Thanks to disnan52 for the heads up about Sutton Motorcoach. I'll have to look into that, likely tomorrow. Also, to disney_for_life, I, too, would like to see a Dis Meet, but alas, have no idea how to do it. Maybe I'll do a net search to see if there's any hints and tips. I suspect the main things we have to figure out is when, and where...and whether the where involves another question, being "how much".

Thursday was such a nice day...had to be in the upper 60's (unlike right now, which is cold and wet...not to mention dark), I went out to the Akron Zoo. Its not nearly as good as Animal Kingdom (which is, after all, Nahtazoo), but the closest thing we got here. I must have lived right, because the zoo was uncrowded, and had the minimum of screaming children. I could relax and enjoy the visit without bumping into people. Only trouble was that there's some types of bamboo growing at the zoo, quite tall stalks, which would make perfect atlatl dart shafts (and if you don't know what that is, just ask...). However, I suspect the zoo staff might have had a word or two to say if they saw me pulling up some bamboo. I don't see the problem, myself...

And since I was indeed such a nice day, I went from the zoo to Goodyear Metropark, and just walked around a bit.

Only thing I regret is I didn't where my Animal Kingdom hat. Its a straw safari hat I picked up at the kiosk just at the entrance to Animal Kingdom, and I've attached my A.K. pin to the front of it. Unless we have a winter like last year's (or even better), I don't think I'll have much chance to wear it for a while.

All for now...
Caveman Bob

We love the Akron Zoo and are members. Since we live in Louisville (home of the Louisville Leopards) we love to see the Snow Leopards. My wife and I like to watch the Lemurs and talking to the Howler monkey. I guess we go ape :banana: when we go to the zoo. :rotfl2:

Hello from Wickliffe! I am a Mount Union College alum and my DH is a Kent State alum. We use USA 3000 to fly to either Orlando or Tampa/St. Pete.

To Dossgang:

Glad to see you like the Akron Zoo. Their levy measure passed, and I've heard they've got some more exhibits planned, tho I have no details. I suppose its acceptable to go ape there, so long as you aren't monkeying around there. You might want to take something to read while you eat at the snack bar there...I might suggest Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, written by...Gibbon.

Might I ask *which* Louisville in which you reside? I know there's one in Ohio, but the one I know is the one in Kentucky. I grew up in the US Army, and lived at Fort Knox for about a year. And yes, there really *is* a gold depository...not really much of a building to look at. Just don't get too close to it...

Caveman Bob

I just wanted to stop by and say hi to all my fellow Ohioians and let them know that I am still trying to get a Dis meet together :thumbsup2

Caveman Bob we live in Louisville Ohio.

We would also be interested in a local disboard meet. Feel free to contact us for any questions or if any help is needed.

I only have one thing to say to all you Ohio people.....

GO BUCKS!!

As I've mentioned in other posts, I think it'd be a good idea and great fun for us DisneyWorld fans in Ohio to charter a bus and take a trip to down to the parks, hypothetically late next year.

But where to stay? I was watching my set of fan produced WDW dvds, and I happened to view scenes of the Coronado Springs hotel complax. Looks a very nice place, I must say. The place I would *like* to stay, *if* money were not a problem, is the Contemporary, but of course, money must indeed be watched. Coronado isn't nearly as expensive as the Contemporary, and better in quality than the All Star resorts (I stayed at All Star Movies last time, and while it was nice, that shower was pretty funky...I ended up making a water bolster of one of the towels so the water wouldn't go sloshing all over the bathroom).

A quick question to those that know. Does Wasalou still perform at Animal Kingdom? I picked up their cd at Harambe Marketplace on last visit, love it, too...but have never seen them in performance there. *Have* seen those Kenyan acrobats in performance, just outside of Tusker House, and they were pretty amazing...especially for someone as inflexible as me.

All from the Caveman, for now...

disneygal66 said:
Caveman Bob,

I'm a somewhat neighbor - we live in Brook Park but we camp in Uniontown by the Hartville Flea Market. We are taking Airtran from Akron Canton for this trip and it was $79 one way- family of 5 down there for 858.00 Not bad. We want to drive but with 2 old vehicles we would have to rent a car and that just seems comparable to flying. Our friends from Medina drive down and it takes them about 16-17 hours. It is a long trip but sooooooooooo worth it. I LOVE DISNEY!!

hi neighbor - we are here in Parma Heights - by Valley Forge High School - crazy that you can be on these boards and really be talking to your neighbor!!! :cheer2: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter