Greetings from Akron OH

Caveman Bob

Earning My Ears
Greetings from a new member in Akron OH. I've been to Disney World 3 three times so far, favorite park being Epcot (spec. World Showcase), and am looking forward to another trip, when I can. Only trouble is, I've travelled there by tour bus, and my main carrier, Anderson Coach and Tours, has ended their Disney World excursions. Booo! Have to find some other way of getting there, other than flying or driving.

Are there any other board members that live in the NE Ohio area? If so, feel free to contact me.

Caveman Bob

Welcome to our DISfunctional family :banana:. Enjoy all of the info to be had, put your 2 cents in and we will all be glad, I find this very addicting I check the boards each day, its nice to know that there are others who feel the exact same way, so put up your posts, and start a new thread, keep the majic alive..... if only in your head.

Mike P

Hi Caveman Bob. I am a new member also, and live in Ravenna, Ohio!!! My husband and I just got back form WDW in Sept. We just took our 2 year old son for his first trip.

:wave2: Hello from a member in the Youngstown area......nice to meet other NE OH Dis'ers. Our first trip was back in Feb and we flew down. This time we're headed in Dec. and will be driving.

Hi Caveman, :welcome: to the Dis boards!! Are trains an option?? Do you have Amtrack in your area or could you take a bus to the train? Hope you can get back to Disney:wave2:

A big welcome to the boards Bob! From up on the lake, in Madison Ohio! :wave2:

Welcome, I've pm'ed you our info on Amtrak. We're from Hubbard, Ohio and drive to Alliance to catch the train, there was a depot in Akron, used it once but Alliance is closer to us. Wish we knew about Anderson, would have liked to try a motorcoach trip. We've been using Amtrak for about 10 years off and on, don't like flying but if they keep closing down Amtrak stations, guess I might have to drive. Youngstown depot was 10 minutes from our home, now we drive about an hour to Alliance. Its not the fastest means but if you hate flying and like a nice relaxing ride, about 27 hours, the train's the ticket, prices out to around $450.00 reserved coach round trip for 2, not bad considering the drive is around 20 hours, maybe a stop over and gas about the same price but driving makes everyone frazzled, too many trucks on the roads anymore. Hope you find an alternate way to WDW, to good a place to pass on, we've been there over 38 visits, have driven, flown but mostly train.

thumb_disneydoor.gif

WELCOME TO THE DIS!!!

Hi...I'm new too!! We have friends that live in Canton Ohio...Not too far from you. Ohio Is really beautiful state :)

Greetings to all who have greeted me! I'm currently dealing with WDW Withdrawal by listening to D-Magic Radio, and I've also just gotten in a set of fan produced dvds of Disney World. Won't be able to get back to the parks this year...my mother's health is not good, and there's financial considerations, too (I work in a library that has had to make cuts in hours...we've got a levy on the ballot, but its been rejected twice before) I'm *hoping* to be able to get back to the Parks sometime next year. There used to be Amtrak in Akron, but it was closed, and now the closest is in Cleveland. Saving me from having to drive there (which I would not be inclined to do) is the fact that Akron Metro buses run to Cleveland and back a couple times a day (weekdays).

What would be possibly fun and exciting, though, would be to get a group together and chartering a motorcoach (possibly from Anderson, since I know the company).

But right now, I'm hungry. Wish I could eat at Rain Forest Cafe or Coral Reef. Taking my copy of Walt Disney Imagineering with me.

Caveman Bob

Greetings caveman bob from Cincinnati!!
Its not northern Ohio...................But Ohio nevertheless :wave:

Hello Caveman Bob! :wave2:

We are from the Youngstown area.

We have driven many times but now find that flying SW is the quickest, easiest and most economical way to get to our special World!

Air Tran out of Akron Canton Airport is not too bad either.

If I may ask :blush: why not fly? For trips to Disney I will do a lot of crazy things including taking to the skies like a bird! :bounce:

Well...you'll have to stop into Cuyahoga Falls Library sometime...thats where I work...if you ask at the Reference Desk for Caveman Bob, they'll know who you're refering to, can could tell you if I'm in or not...

And now...its time to tape soccer and at the same time, watch my new Whose Line dvd...

PirateKitty said:
:welcome: Caveman Bob! I'm your neighbor from Cuyahoga Falls! Welcome to the Dis! :)

Hi Bob,
Welcome to the Disboards!
I actually live in Lancaster in the UK, but have been to Ohio many times. My aunt and uncle live in Cleveland, not far from Akron, in fact my uncle used to work for Goodyear tyres!
Hi, to the Dis member from Aurora - do you remember Sea World!!
We used to go there every summer!
Welcome from across the pond!
Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter