Greetings from Akron OH

Hello and Welcome Neighbor, I'm in Brimfield, OH. Great to see you here. I will warn you however, this place is soooo addicting. Be prepared to have a good time, meet alot of wonderful people, and learn alot of new things.

On another thread there was talk about getting a Ohio DIS meet going. As soon as I can find it I will post a link in here.

castanea1985 said:
Hi, to the Dis member from Aurora - do you remember Sea World!!
We used to go there every summer!
Welcome from across the pond!
Tracy

Not only do I remember it, I worked there summers from high school through college! :goodvibes

HI Saschab,
My cousin used to work at Sea World in her summer vacations - serving Hawiian Punch, and ended up with red hands!!
Tracy

Wow look at all of the Ohio folks! Louisville here :wave2: When we went in September there were some great deals out of Pittsburg also. But we always drive anyway. We just like the punishment :crazy: of the long drive.

Dossgang, I am about one hour west of Pittsburgh, we drive also. My husband and daughter are not lovers of flying. We were there March 06, will be heading down 77 March 07. :cool1:

Hi,
How long does it take to drive down to WDW??? When we've driven down from Kent, OH, we used to get to Corbin, KY the first night, then the FL/GA border the second night - trouble is when we drive anywhere in the US, we always have to stop to shop at outlets etc....
Tracy

castanea1985 said:
Hi,
How long does it take to drive down to WDW??? When we've driven down from Kent, OH, we used to get to Corbin, KY the first night, then the FL/GA border the second night - trouble is when we drive anywhere in the US, we always have to stop to shop at outlets etc....
Tracy
Hi Castanea,

It took us about 18 hours. We left at about midnight on a Saturday night and got there around 3:00 the following day. Mapquest said it should be close to 16 hours. There were 6 of us traveling in a Suburban so we probably had to take a few more potty breaks than most. If I would have to drive again and would do it the same way. (traveling at night) That way the kids sleep through a good portion of it.

We leave at 5am from Salem, 62 to 77, to 26, to 95, first night stop at Savannah, Ga, get there around 5pm. Next day 95, stop at Bike week around 1230, my husband has a Harley, 95 to 4, get to Disney about 3, then the fun begins. We make it home in 16 hours. We stop in Orangeburg, SC on our way home, home 2nd day. We do not go into Kentucky, Tenn.

Caveman Bob, There is a bus line in Columbiana, name is Gadabout Tours Bus line, you could check with them.

Hello - we live in Parma Heights Ohio. My daughters family is from the Barberton/Norton area. Welcome to the dis. Glad to see there is others from Ohio that are crazy like us to drive to WDW. The drive is not horrible but once you hit the Florida border the ride takes forever. :wave: :banana: :cool1:

Time to log back in and respond to a couple points:

I checked with Gadabout Tours (the tour bus company in Columbiana Co, OH), and while they have a Florida 2007 excursion, they are not offering a dedicated DisneyWorld trip. If anyone knows of other possible tour bus companies that might perhaps be offering a Disney trip, let me know...in fact, let all of us know.

Personally, as I mentioned elsewhere, I think a chartered bus trip for us NE Ohioans to WDW would be a good thing to do.

An Ohio DIS Meet would be a good and fun thing. Personally, I'd like to see it here in Akron (and I'm selfish enough to admit it). I don't know where such things are usually held, but perhaps it could be held in the Quaker Square hotel.

The reason I suggest Akron has mainly to do with my mother's current poor health. Just got her home from hospital today, and she is indeed greatly improved, but I don't know how long that will last. Still need to keep a watch on her.

Until I can get back to WDW, I' m putting in time reading my new copy of "Walt Disney Imagineering", listening to d-magic radio, and watching my set of fan produced DisneyWorld dvds. After all, its getting too cold here to do any flintknapping...

Caveman Bob

Wooster, Ohio here! We usually fly Airtran from the Akron-Canton airport!

Scot-n-Michelle said:
Hello - we live in Parma Heights Ohio. My daughters family is from the Barberton/Norton area. Welcome to the dis. Glad to see there is others from Ohio that are crazy like us to drive to WDW. The drive is not horrible but once you hit the Florida border the ride takes forever. :wave: :banana: :cool1:

I think it is 2 hours from Jacksonville to Orlando. We stopped at bike week in March 06, we will probable do the same in 07. It really breaks up the 2 hours. :moped:

Caveman Bob,

I'm a somewhat neighbor - we live in Brook Park but we camp in Uniontown by the Hartville Flea Market. We are taking Airtran from Akron Canton for this trip and it was $79 one way- family of 5 down there for 858.00 Not bad. We want to drive but with 2 old vehicles we would have to rent a car and that just seems comparable to flying. Our friends from Medina drive down and it takes them about 16-17 hours. It is a long trip but sooooooooooo worth it. I LOVE DISNEY!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter