GAME: The Great ANZAC Pretend Planning on Paper PTR - Out and In for ADRs (05/04)

Which Option do you prefer?

• 3 castles: MLB or SYD > Paris/DLP > Barcelona > Florida/WDW > LAX/DLR > HNL > Home

• 4 castles: MLB or SYD > HK/HKD > Paris/DLP > Barcelona > Florida/WDW > LAX/DLR > HNL > Home

• 3 castles: MLB or SYD > LAX/DLR > Florida/WDW > Barcelona > Paris/DLP > Home

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have looked the the cruise options for our 12 November cruise. If we share 2 per room we can do verandah rooms for $1421 per person. Alternatively we can go with 4 people in a 2 bedroom suite for $2640 per person. No bed sharing as the 2 bedroom suite comes with a queen, two twins and a pull out. It can actually sleep 8 but I didn't think we wanted to get that cosy.
There are only two ports with excursions required as I am assuming castaway cay is a do it yourself stop. What are people's thoughts re DCL vs going it alone excursions? We stop at Grand Cayman (extreme swim with dolphins?) and Cozumel (Mayan ruins?)

Let's do the 2 bedroom suite! Then we get the private Cabana at Castaway Cay. As for DCl excursions, unless it is a signature tour, I would prefer to DIY.

There was talk of stopping into Amish country. Lancaster County is a main Amish community.

Which reminded me of HERSHEY CHOCOLATE WORLD!!! Which includes......a Chocolate Spa ;) and Hotel.

Anyone for some Chocolate Pampering???

I have looked the the cruise options for our 12 November cruise. If we share 2 per room we can do verandah rooms for $1421 per person. Alternatively we can go with 4 people in a 2 bedroom suite for $2640 per person. No bed sharing as the 2 bedroom suite comes with a queen, two twins and a pull out. It can actually sleep 8 but I didn't think we wanted to get that cosy.
There are only two ports with excursions required as I am assuming castaway cay is a do it yourself stop. What are people's thoughts re DCL vs going it alone excursions? We stop at Grand Cayman (extreme swim with dolphins?) and Cozumel (Mayan ruins?)

Sounds great. I had looked at the previous cruise and costed it out as $5470 per person. So, to have it brought down by more than 50% just means more spending money.

Love the idea of Grand Cayman, but I'm not sure that there are any Mayan ruins on Cozumel Island itself. I believe that Tulum is down the Tourist Corridor on the mainland side (about an 1 hour drive south) and Chichen Itza is 3 hours drive west (inland) of Cancun. But it is still worth heading to Cozumel for a spot of silver jewellery shopping. Depending on how many days we are around Cozumel, we could spend a day at Xcaret enjoying some Mexican culture.

Let's do the 2 bedroom suite! Then we get the private Cabana at Castaway Cay. As for DCl excursions, unless it is a signature tour, I would prefer to DIY.

How much is the private Cabana at Castaway Cay? :cool1:

There was talk of stopping into Amish country. Lancaster County is a main Amish community.

Which reminded me of HERSHEY CHOCOLATE WORLD!!! Which includes......a Chocolate Spa ;) and Hotel.

Chocolate Pampering??? :faint:

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't know where Lancaster County is. But if someone else is driving, I will follow with no complaints! So Hershey chocolate world is in an AMish community?1?!? I love chocolate but do I have to smear it all over myself?

Sounds great. I had looked at the previous cruise and costed it out as $5470 per person. So, to have it brought down by more than 50% just means more spending money.

Love the idea of Grand Cayman, but I'm not sure that there are any Mayan ruins on Cozumel Island itself. I believe that Tulum is down the Tourist Corridor on the mainland side (about an 1 hour drive south) and Chichen Itza is 3 hours drive west (inland) of Cancun. But it is still worth heading to Cozumel for a spot of silver jewellery shopping. Depending on how many days we are around Cozumel, we could spend a day at Xcaret enjoying some Mexican culture.

Seeing as we will have no children with us, I think we should be able to manage most excursions even if it does involved long drives. Shall we try to organise a private tour or attempt a DIY?

How much is the private Cabana at Castaway Cay? :cool1:

I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think its around $500

Hmmmm, I'm not sure how Queenie knows my secret pleasure of rolling in chocolate :scared1:. I feel like I've been caught naked in public :rotfl2:.

In all seriousness, there isn't enough chocolate in the world to cover this Pooh size body, and I too think it would be a waste of good chocolate.

Hmmmm, I'm not sure how Queenie knows my secret pleasure of rolling in chocolate :scared1:. I feel like I've been caught naked in public :rotfl2:.

In all seriousness, there isn't enough chocolate in the world to cover this Pooh size body, and I too think it would be a waste of good chocolate.
There was this Fiji TR :rolleyes1
Just elaborated on that :lmao:

:wave:
Haven't been around for ages and just popped by to see what was happening on Dis. No trips planned but I think that I am loving this (pretend) trip you are all planning.

I have just won $60 million in Lotto ;) so I'm really cashed up and ready to join in the planning if that's ok, lucky too with you all flying business class :rotfl2:

Hey aussietravellers. Glad you could join our little trip. Your 60mill is sure going to come in handy with PrincessinOz and Queenie's lofty ideas :rotfl2::rotfl2:.

Haven't been around for ages and just popped by to see what was happening on Dis. No trips planned but I think that I am loving this (pretend) trip you are all planning.

I have just won $60 million in Lotto ;) so I'm really cashed up and ready to join in the planning if that's ok, lucky too with you all flying business class :rotfl2:

Hey there Aussietravellers! Nice that you could hop on board this leaky boat. $60Million? Hmmm....let me think about that.....is that enough to cover travel insurance??? :rolleyes1

Seriously - hope you're doing well and that neck of yours is no longer a pain in the ....well....neck.

I'll get round to updating the cast list sometime....I'm not feeling the best :sick: and an early night in bed is what I'm after (yes, I'm even *sicker* than normal).

Hey aussietravellers. Glad you could join our little trip. Your 60mill is sure going to come in handy with PrincessinOz and Queenie's lofty ideas :rotfl2::rotfl2:.

Lofty?

Shuttergirl - I could have sworn that by now you'd have realised that it is "ROYAL" ideas! :rotfl2: :lmao:

I know we haven't yet planned Europe or the Road Trip yet....but I suddenly realised that our 6 month window must be coming up.

Let's have it.....let's see your plans for our ADR list for the World!

Let's nominally say that we'll be at the World for two weeks starting from Sunday November 20. We're flying out on Monday December 5.

And I wanna know if we're doing the Deluxe Dining Plan, the Premium Package or the Platinum (the latter two will tie in to our accommodation choices).

Don't forget to think about special events like maybe a special cruise or maybe a grand gathering or a behind the scenes tour or a segway.

Plus (I know we all know this but it doesn't hurt to remind ourselves), we also have to consider a split stay and how that impacts our ticketing options.

princess::upsidedow

Welcome back!! I too hope your neck is doing ok. That was so scary!! :eek:

I know we haven't yet planned Europe or the Road Trip yet....but I suddenly realised that our 6 month window must be coming up.

Let's have it.....let's see your plans for our ADR list for the World!

Let's nominally say that we'll be at the World for two weeks starting from Sunday November 20. We're flying out on Monday December 5.

And I wanna know if we're doing the Deluxe Dining Plan, the Premium Package or the Platinum (the latter two will tie in to our accommodation choices).

Don't forget to think about special events like maybe a special cruise or maybe a grand gathering or a behind the scenes tour or a segway.

Plus (I know we all know this but it doesn't hurt to remind ourselves), we also have to consider a split stay and how that impacts our ticketing options.

You're making my head hurt!! I thought you had a cold too!! What's with all the thinking? :headache:

Food - V&A Chef's Table
- California Grill
- 1900 Park fare breakfast .... and dinner if we have time.

Tours...I ADORED the Segway tours. EPCOT and Wilderness. Wilderness I definitely plan to do again. :thumbsup2

See the 2 types of segways below...

PC091567.jpg
PC193019.jpg

I REALLY want to stay at a Grand Villa at BLT... :rolleyes1 but I understand that might just be me :guilty:

I think a Wishes or Illuminations cruise would be nice.

What else? err....
Yes ROYAL plans we have. ::yes:: :wizard:
Cinderella Suite :rolleyes1

Ooooh yes Cinderella Suite please!!!!!

I love all food and WDW seems to have some of the best so I'm happy to eat anywhere.

Can we do a combo of fine dining and everyday stuff. Sci Fi Diner and 50s Prime Time were so much fun. So was Raglan Road (still dreaming about that bread and butter pudding).

Would love to have the crab cakes at Kona Cafe and at Flying Fish.

And character meals - yes please. Lots and lots. I love character meals.

I'm not sounding very "royal" with my choices am I? Maybe I'm just too common for this trip :rotfl2:

I love all food and WDW seems to have some of the best so I'm happy to eat anywhere.

Can we do a combo of fine dining and everyday stuff. Sci Fi Diner and 50s Prime Time were so much fun. So was Raglan Road (still dreaming about that bread and butter pudding).

I'm not sounding very "royal" with my choices am I? Maybe I'm just too common for this trip :rotfl2:

You're never "common", shuttergirl....you're a rare gem.......:hug:

....at the very least...... L-series glass!

Character dining it is!

lol...I'm a comfort food girl and very 'common'...Strawberry soup and Strawberry Shortcake with Pork Chop's as a main and I'm a happy girl. Please hold the truffles :sick: :lmao:
But on here I maintain my royal status ::yes::

Character Dining is ALWAYS my focus...

But given we have the $$$$ - V&A chef's table is a must.
And if we do go on a cruise we'll go to Palo or Remy...whichever is on the ship we're on.

Is it Cali Grille or the place at AKL that you can sit and what the chef's cook? I love the idea of that too. V&A sounds heavenly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter