GAME: The Great ANZAC Pretend Planning on Paper PTR - Out and In for ADRs (05/04)

Which Option do you prefer?

• 3 castles: MLB or SYD > Paris/DLP > Barcelona > Florida/WDW > LAX/DLR > HNL > Home

• 4 castles: MLB or SYD > HK/HKD > Paris/DLP > Barcelona > Florida/WDW > LAX/DLR > HNL > Home

• 3 castles: MLB or SYD > LAX/DLR > Florida/WDW > Barcelona > Paris/DLP > Home

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

PrincessInOz

Thanks for my avatar, Mary Jo!
This is a thread designed for the planning phanatics, who's lives just does not feel complete without a Disney Holiday being Planned in the wings. We're here to beat the post Disney Holiday Blues.

Rules of Engagement:

1. Anyone who feels the Disney Blues can decide to join in the planning at any given time. Doctor's certificate is not required for proof of post Disney Blues syndrome.
2. Anyone else who feels like providing comments can do so at any given time, providing it is done in the spirit of the Dis. That means that snarkiness is acceptable, providing we are nice about it and if we avoid the 3 no-nos of religion, politics and any advertising. It also means No personal attacks - we have enough other threads for that!
3. The thread is purely make-believe. In no way will the participants or cast members be expected to hop on a plane and trip out....unless we choose to.
4. No amount of details schemetails will be considered detailed enough.....without being detailed down to the minutae level.
5. Dis-sers on the great trip will be listed in Post 2. Each dis-ser will have a starting budget of $25K to plan this trip.
6. Additional Budget for the trip will be based on the number of additional votes of the "Which option do you prefer" Poll. For each additional vote gained above the number of dis-sers on post 2, an additional $25K will be added to the pool of funds available.

So, if you think we should go, please vote!
7. Above all else, HAVE FUN!
8. [Placemarker for any other details]

Table of Contents
Roll-Up! Roll-Up!
Budget Matters
Firming up Dates
Homes away from Homes
It's time for the Food Fight
6 month OUT...it must be IN time for ADRs and Disney Dining

:surfweb:The cast:

Ms Shuttergirl - Disney planning extraordinaire, professional shutterbug and Disney planner. Her ability in planning is only overshadowed by her ability to have a great time and her photography skills.
Thread post join: Roll Up!

PrincessInOz - Disney planning overasschiever, professional travelbug and Disney planner. Her ability in planning is only overshadowed by her ability to complete trip reports and her mind-boggling-where-does-she-find-the-time rack-up of posts on the Dis.

BattyMum - Disney planning Extra Virgin Olive Oyl, at least until September 2011, professional quick study and Disney planner. Her ability in planning is only overshadowed by her ability to sing Madonna's Like a Virgin and her enthusiasm for her "very first time".

Queenie82 - Disney planning 'No longer needed' for our Dominantrix Queen of all 5 castles. Her ability in planning is only overshadowed by her "United We Stand" love of the window seat without the need for in-seat entertainment (how does she not get bored?).

Shushh - Disney planning uber-royal, professional (ship) cruiser and Disney planner. Her ability in planning is unparalleled given her capability in organising travel for 21 people (seriously??!! :worship:).

HeidiSpidi - Disney planning stand-out!, professional zen in the light of last-minute-airline-bumping and Disney planner. Her ability in planning is only overshadowed by her ability to make the most of opportunities that come her way and squeezing in extra holiday time in the face of adversity.

Austraveler - Disney planning in secret, professional closet planner of all things Disney. Her ability in planning is only overshadowed by her wonderful fashion sense and her love of matching luggage.

areweindisneyyet - Disney planning two trips, professional hidden mickey seeker. Her ability in planning is only overshadowed by her ability to seek out the Royal Treatment in having the exquisite sense of timing to be in England at the same time as the Royal Wedding (way to go!)
Thread post join: Budget Matters

kyl - Disney planning guru and professional Disney deal seeker. Her ability in planning is only overshadowed by her ability to resort hop....and that's even before she got to the World! (aren't glad you changed from POP to CSR??)
Thread post join: Budget Matters

jacs1234 - Disney efficient planner and professional (minimum) 10-day Disney stayer. Her ability in planning is only overshadowed by her ability to go to Disneyland.....with kids and withOUT.
Thread post join: Food Fight Time!

aussietravellers - Disney long term thoroughbred stayer and 'what a trooper'. Her ability in planning is only overshadowed by her ability to go to Disneyworld.....irrespective of what pain in the neck she may or may not have.
Thread post join: 6 months OUT...ADRs!

(Place marker for anyone else who joins)

Fellow Dis-sers.

Feel free to post and let me know if we should add to the rules or if you want to join this bus.

We're on a journey....to see if we can actually plan and organise a trip of our dreams on the great ethernet to Disney. Our only limitation will be Page 250, in which, normally, a Moderator will close the thread. But then there will be a brand new 250 pages to consider after that....

Lots of decisions to be made still, so roll up, roll up if you want a spot on this leaky boat.

princess::upsidedow

I'll join

Battymum, Disney virgin, but currently planning first trip in September. (Is that against the rules? I am planning a trip, but would like to dream about planning one without being tied to a budget (of sorts)

Can we start with first class flights SYD - DFW - MCO! You know you want a weekend in Sydney before your trip Princess.....

I think March / April might be a nice time to go!

I'll join

Battymum, Disney virgin, but currently planning first trip in September. (Is that against the rules? I am planning a trip, but would like to dream about planning one without being tied to a budget (of sorts)

Can we start with first class flights SYD - DFW - MCO! You know you want a weekend in Sydney before your trip Princess.....

I think March / April might be a nice time to go!

WELCOME!!!

Before we even get to which park(s) and when and budget, you have a VERY IMPORTANT decision to make....

What colour would you like your description up in lights? :rolleyes:

Well done Princess, we're off to a wonderful start. I've missed you and your sense of humour and enthusiasm.

Can't wait to have some fun with this.

Oh and don't think I don't know that Rule No. 2 is meant for Queenie and I :rotfl2::rotfl2:. We'll try to be good. I think we know what our touchy subjects are and we will steer clear :lmao:

Oh and don't think I don't know that Rule No. 2 is meant for Queenie and I :rotfl2::rotfl2:. We'll try to be good. I think we know what our touchy subjects are and we will steer clear :lmao:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

I think our biggest problem was when discussing outside Disney...
Anyway...I'll be good...mostly...I'm a Sydneysider...you can trust me :littleangel:

And I'll have my description in BLUE
Can't WAIT to see your description of me :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

I think our biggest problem was when discussing outside Disney...
Anyway...I'll be good...mostly...I'm a Sydneysider...you can trust me :littleangel:

And I'll have my description in BLUE
Can't WAIT to see your description of me :rotfl:

I can't wait to hear how she describes you either :lmao:.

Make it good Princess, make it good.

I can't wait to hear how she describes you either :lmao:.

Make it good Princess, make it good.
Oi!!!!
Don't encourage her :snooty:

I'm sure it will be - This angelic Queen of Sydney is a planning extraordinaire who infuses her complete and incomplete Trip reports with her wit and charm, while providing help to all those in need.

Something like that? It has been pointed out to me before that PrincessinOz is merely a Princess...while I am a Queen :wizard:
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Sigh...I need sleep before I say something I shouldn't. If I do...it's the medication :rolleyes1

I feel like my name isn't fancy enough if I'm going to hang our with Princesses and Queens. I'm just a girl. A bit beneath you guys :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Me me me!!! I want to come too! I already have grand visions of a round the world Disney trip complete with Adventures By Disney land tours and Disney cruises...

I don't care what colour I get allocated!

Ms SHuttergirl, now you're giving me a complex about my name. I feel so plain...

Me me me!!! I want to come too! I already have grand visions of a round the world Disney trip complete with Adventures By Disney land tours and Disney cruises...

I don't care what colour I get allocated!

Ms SHuttergirl, now you're giving me a complex about my name. I feel so plain...

Shushh, did you get the comment I left on your blog? I have spent the better part of 3 days (hence why I'm so behind on work) reading your amazing blog adventure from your last trip. I felt like I was there with you and your family. Love love loved it.

Shushh, did you get the comment I left on your blog? I have spent the better part of 3 days (hence why I'm so behind on work) reading your amazing blog adventure from your last trip. I felt like I was there with you and your family. Love love loved it.

I just read your comment. Thank you for taking the time to read it and for your gracious compliments! It was a lot harder than I expected having to blog a 6 week holiday expecially having to do most of it AFTER the trip. But now I am so glad that I finished it. The children love going through it and looking at the photos.

Its great to see you back on the boards! We've missed both you and Queenie. Your lively exchanges were part of my daily amusement...

Its great to see you back on the boards! We've missed both you and Queenie. Your lively exchanges were part of my daily amusement...
Hehe. Always happy to try and amuse. :lmao:
I'm trying to not to take life too seriously right now...:rolleyes:

Hehe. Always happy to try and amuse. :lmao:
I'm trying to not to take life too seriously right now...:rolleyes:

Did you hear that Queenie? I think they miss our little spats hahaha.

No Shushh, Queenie and I have put our differences behind us and are playing nice these days hehe.

Glad we have entered you all in the past though.

Did you hear that Queenie? I think they miss our little spats hahaha.

No Shushh, Queenie and I have put our differences behind us and are playing nice these days hehe.

Glad we have entered you all in the past though.
hmmm...well we don't want to disappoint?? Perhaps we can argue over if we should go United First Class or Qantas First Class? :lmao:
You get in seat Entertainment and lie flat beds with both of those :rolleyes1

Don't worry Ms Shuttergirl and Queenie, I'm sure when we actually START the planning. It will start naturally....:rotfl:

So hint hint to the PTR and TR extraordinaire, can we start already!?!?!?!?

Well I think first we need to have some afternoon tea to give us the energy to plan this fictional holiday. This is what I made for the kids for afternoon tea today (instead of working, this is becoming a recurring problem :lmao:)

IMG_1053.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1056.jpg
[/IMG]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter