Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!

Raises hand.......

first i'd like to put in my drink order for thursday, jack and coke, extra ice please.;)

second, and actual question.......:confused3 if (i dare not say the word when, don't want to get that whole thing started back up again) the free dining comes out at some date in the near future (i dare not speculate on the date, um, for the same reason) would it also apply to club level rooms in deluxe resorts? :confused::confused:

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to come up with some alternate ideas for my TA just in case, and when speaking with my husband, he told me that he would rather have to upgrade to club level and save very, very little than move to another resort and save more money. He is really committed to staying at WL. I booked back in February not even thinking about the possibility of FD coming down the pike, and now I'm having to do research. Frankly, I have a headache, I've been crunching numbers all evening. We're in a woods view room already and if for some reason that's not available with FD, we're happy to move to a courtyard view, then he throws the whammy on me that if courtyard is not available with FD, he'd rather just upgrade all the way to club level and only save about $20 bucks than to move to another resort and save considerably more. Personally, I'd go for Poly and save about $350, but he's the breadwinner I love, so I defer to him. Oh, the things we do for our spouses.

Thanks in advance for your answers :worship:, I promise I'll stop with all the stupid questions soon! :rolleyes1

Did something change bc last year I was in a woods view and FD was available for it. I bumped down to a standard to save money. WL is usually one of the ones that doesn't book fully. Did you do the FD/RO number crunch also?

I want to join the party on Thursday...what time do we crack the bottles? I prefer wine or rum...so if anyone wants to join me...I'll supply!! LOL And here's to hoping it's celebratory drinks all around. But, yes...if no free dining...it's still Disney and still makes me happy! (Just a little more poor!)

Lighthearted posts like this keep me smiling in a day of emotional ups and downs. All in all...we're just looking to maximize the vacation WOW which we hope to accomplish with free dining. Cheers :)

Raises hand.......

first i'd like to put in my drink order for thursday, jack and coke, extra ice please.;)

second, and actual question.......:confused3 if (i dare not say the word when, don't want to get that whole thing started back up again) the free dining comes out at some date in the near future (i dare not speculate on the date, um, for the same reason) would it also apply to club level rooms in deluxe resorts? :confused::confused:

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to come up with some alternate ideas for my TA just in case, and when speaking with my husband, he told me that he would rather have to upgrade to club level and save very, very little than move to another resort and save more money. He is really committed to staying at WL. I booked back in February not even thinking about the possibility of FD coming down the pike, and now I'm having to do research. Frankly, I have a headache, I've been crunching numbers all evening. We're in a woods view room already and if for some reason that's not available with FD, we're happy to move to a courtyard view, then he throws the whammy on me that if courtyard is not available with FD, he'd rather just upgrade all the way to club level and only save about $20 bucks than to move to another resort and save considerably more. Personally, I'd go for Poly and save about $350, but he's the breadwinner I love, so I defer to him. Oh, the things we do for our spouses.

Thanks in advance for your answers :worship:, I promise I'll stop with all the stupid questions soon! :rolleyes1

I don't know from personal experience but I think they offer it for CL rooms as well as long as availability is there. :-)

I don't know from personal experience but I think they offer it for CL rooms as well as long as availability is there. :-)

PIN offer didn't exclude CL. Only campground and AoA LM. Problem tends to be availability. CL sells in advance typically regardless of offers.

Did something change bc last year I was in a woods view and FD was available for it. I bumped down to a standard to save money. WL is usually one of the ones that doesn't book fully. Did you do the FD/RO number crunch also?

No nothing that I know of has changed, I'm just OCD and want to have a plan B, and C, and D.......just in case. Good to know that it usually doesn't book fully! :thumbsup2

Yes, I did do a FD/RO number crunch and I came out about $400 ahead with the FD.

By any chance do you know if club level rooms are included in FD? :confused: Just in case I have to go to my plan C....

jska482 said:
Lighthearted posts like this keep me smiling in a day of emotional ups and downs. All in all...we're just looking to maximize the vacation WOW which we hope to accomplish with free dining. Cheers :)

This is the fun stuff we usually "talk" about on here....it got really intense earlier today.

Joe, the OP, had noted he'd be out until about noon today. So I expect we'll hear from him later.

He got some of his info for the OP from my site (and from our conversations.)

The specific page he was using is here: http://**************.net/2013/07/1...e-general-public-to-come-out-in-early-august/ Many (not Joe!) flamed this page, saying I was crazy to be saying "typically," "might," and "early August."

A bit later, I also posted this here: http://**************.net/2013/07/24/three-things-you-need-to-know-about-free-dining/ This got flamed a bit as well.

I am so sorry that so many didn't get what they were looking for this morning...especially the west coasters up at 4a.

But I'm sticking to my original post--the first of the two links above--as qualified by the second post....

I am confused as to why everyone thinks Aug 1st is "the" date. Based on the above post that is only the rumored date for South America and Europe. Am I missing something?

HBGdancermom said:
Since I have found you guys, I don't even talk to him about disney stuff. Lol. His eyes glaze over. Lol

Mine has become a very mild Disney geek since we paid off our trip. Before we paid it off he would shut me off as soon as I brought it up. Hes even added a countdown app to his phone. But as much as I like to talk Disney.....I'm soooo glad I found this support group lol

I am confused as to why everyone thinks Aug 1st is "the" date. Based on the above post that is only the rumored date for South America and Europe. Am I missing something?

I am wondering this too. I don't think there's much hope until at least 8/1, but this indicates the US GP offer is after the overseas offer. 8/1 is their roll out date. Confused ??

This is the fun stuff we usually "talk" about on here....it got really intense earlier today.

Intense for sure! It was sad to see some of it, but I chose to focus on the positive posts to get me to the next hurdle to keep from losing hope!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter