Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question:

If I book value with FD and don't upgrade the dinning plan, can I upgrade just 1 CS to 1 TS?

In other words, If one night I want to do a TS can I pay the $19 to upgrade or do I have to pay for my TS out of pocket?

Thanks.

More experience posters can correct me, but I think Disney usually advertises the offer as a 6n/7d, but the minimum has been pretty consistent at 3 nights with 2 day park passes.
I believe you are right i think they said that last year as well but i only stayed for 4 nights 3 days

More experience posters can correct me, but I think Disney usually advertises the offer as a 6n/7d, but the minimum has been pretty consistent at 3 nights with 2 day park passes.

Oh thank goodness! I'll continue to have hope it all works out for us! We are AP holders and FD will allow us to budget TWO more short trips this year. Without it though, we won't make it! *fingers crossed*

Question:

If I book value with FD and don't upgrade the dinning plan, can I upgrade just 1 CS to 1 TS?

In other words, If one night I want to do a TS can I pay the $19 to upgrade or do I have to pay for my TS out of pocket?

Thanks.

no. it's upgrade the DP for the entire stay and for everyone in the room.

i just asked for the code for the free dining special coming out tomorrow and she gave them to me. i went rigth to custoner service.

Will I need the code tomorrow if I have a DV? Or can I get FD without a code simply bc I have the card

:confused3:scared:

Question:

Thanks.

Sorry, misread the question. I don't think you can just upgrade 1TS. You have to pay the difference to upgrade for the length of your stay.

Question:

Thanks.

Pretty sure it's all or nothing. You'd have to pay for TS meals if you're on the QSDP. I don't think QS credits can be applied to the cost of TS meals, which is essentially what you'd be doing.

Is it inappropriate for us to ask those of you who have called Visa to share the codes? I don't know if a code will be necessary tomorrow (*fingers crossed*), but I'd like to save them the hassle of answering that question hundreds of times if I can help it!

Yes, she told me 6 night/7 day stay as well. I scribbled 6/7 as I was taking notes and couldn't remember exactly what I meant. That is different than the info in the first post...

Every year the promo materials says 5 or 6 night stay and park tickets, and every year it's a three night stay and 2 day park ticket.

That's not saying they won't change it, but in the past this has been the case.

Of course this year they have had the tiered discounts depending on length of stay as far as RO. So things do change.

Is it inappropriate for us to ask those of you who have called Visa to share the codes? I don't know if a code will be necessary tomorrow (*fingers crossed*), but I'd like to save them the hassle of answering that question hundreds of times if I can help it!

Actually it is not a pin code.. so how is this inappropriate? :confused3

Will I need the code tomorrow if I have a DV? Or can I get FD without a code simply bc I have the card

:confused3:scared:

You should only need your card. They should already have the codes available in front of them. I have never had to call Chase and get it beforehand.

Just the fact that Chase has a code, and is handing it out is very promising! :)

I called Chase and got the codes for value and mod/deluxe
she said it starts tomorrow
GP on May 7th
The only exclusions she gave me where 3 bedroom villas, she even read the fine print on her email about it. there may be others she just didn't have that info...
6 night stay
Dates included
Aug 31- Oct 3
Oct 26-Nov1
Nov 9 - Nov 20
Dec 12-23rd

Hope this helps some of you, I know it has helped me...

You don't need the codes. The CM will have them and it's the same code for everyone. Having the DV in hand is the important thing.

You won't need the code tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter