Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called Chase and got the codes for value and mod/deluxe
she said it starts tomorrow
GP on May 7th
The only exclusions she gave me where 3 bedroom villas, she even read the fine print on her email about it. there may be others she just didn't have that info...
6 night stay
Dates included
Aug 31- Oct 3
Oct 26-Nov1
Nov 9 - Nov 20
Dec 12-23rd

Hope this helps some of you, I know it has helped me...

THANKS!!! :thumbsup2

Really hoping a 6 night stay isn't required. We are only able to do 4 nights this year.

I called Chase and got the codes for value and mod/deluxe
she said it starts tomorrow
GP on May 7th
The only exclusions she gave me where 3 bedroom villas, she even read the fine print on her email about it. there may be others she just didn't have that info...
6 night stay
Dates included
Aug 31- Oct 3
Oct 26-Nov1
Nov 9 - Nov 20
Dec 12-23rd

Hope this helps some of you, I know it has helped me...

Well that's definitely promising then! Yay! That's awesome you "confirmed" all those dates. I sure hope things don't change again. I feel like someone at Disney is stalking these boards, finding out what we are expecting and changing it again just to drive everyone crazy!

I called Chase and was given the 5 digit code and told it was active today for all the dates that Black had listed. So, I called Disney Travel and gave her the code. She placed me on hold her over 15 minutes and said I was given advanced information and that code is not even in their system. She said that she could do nothing to help me and that I should check their website for current promotions. I pushed and said that Chase told me that it was valid as of today and she said she has no way to apply it.

Yes, she told me 6 night/7 day stay as well. I scribbled 6/7 as I was taking notes and couldn't remember exactly what I meant. That is different than the info in the first post...

Does this mean if I was going for 7 nights/8 days that I wouldn't get FD bcs im over the 6 night /7 day ?

It's not false statement, rather as I said, in her experience it hasn't happened. That is not to say it didn't reopen when another TA was booking, but she has not had that happen to her. She has now planned 4 wonderful, magical, affordable Disney adventures and she is pretty darn solid at what she does. I'll just keep her a secret.:cool1:

I get what you are saying now. I just assumed you meant it has never happened. :)

So sorry if this has already been discussed before.

But, why is the middle of October not included?

I know in past years it has been included...we were booked for it last year and then got a PIN to be able to go after Thanksgiving instead. Was just wondering...

Nini

Really hoping a 6 night stay isn't required. We are only able to do 4 nights this year.

Does this mean if I was going for 7 nights/8 days that I wouldn't get FD bcs im over the 6 night /7 day ?

They always pick some number to advertise, and it's usually a week. You have never had to stay that number of nights before. I believe it will be a minimum of 3 nights and a maximum of 14 nights. That's what it has been for quite some time now, despite what they advertise.

Kind of how the grocery store advertises items on sale 10 for $10. You can buy 3 for $3, but I'll bet tons of people buy 10. I'm sure it works the same way for Disney. If they advertise a week long vacation deal, think of how many people who might have been happy with four nights are going to book six nights because that's what the deal says. ;)

are you calling the number onthe back of the card to get the "code?"

They always pick some number to advertise, and it's usually a week. You have never had to stay that number of nights before. I believe it will be a minimum of 3 nights and a maximum of 14 nights. That's what it has been for quite some time now, despite what they advertise.

Kind of how the grocery store advertises items on sale 10 for $10. You can buy 3 for $3, but I'll bet tons of people buy 10. I'm sure it works the same way for Disney. If they advertise a week long vacation deal, think of how many people who might have been happy with four nights are going to book six nights because that's what the deal says. ;)

:thumbsup2 DISers are the best! Thanks!

are you calling the number onthe back of the card to get the "code?"

Yes. I called the number and they did confirm that the promotion will be coming out and that we should be receiving and email. I was given a code so I feel very good about this. :) They did say it was for a 6 night/7 day stay.

So excited I'm bursting at the seems!

Looks like just the mermaid rooms afterall.

However, Movies has fallen.

ARGH.

AoA was our first choice until yesterday when our friends (2 adults) decided to join us. I had switched to Movies as our first choice.

Now...I have no idea. We are looking for cheap since we are doing 10 days. Pop is more expensive, and the other All Stars aren't so interesting. I guess we could do AoA and they could do Pop, but I'd rather we all be together.

Bonnet Creek is sounding better and better...

Thank you !!! And did I read back a few posts that ASMO has "fallen" meaning its no longer an eligiblt resort for FD? (Thats where we are planning on staying)

So sorry if this has already been discussed before.

But, why is the middle of October not included?

I know in past years it has been included...we were booked for it last year and then got a PIN to be able to go after Thanksgiving instead. Was just wondering...

Nini

Maybe they have sold enough resort rooms that they feel they don't need to offer free dining. Apparently bookings for September (no surprise there), November and December are lower than they would like them to be right now, and October is either right on target or higher than anticipated already. That would be my guess. :confused3

I just got the code and dates as well. 8/31-10/3. She could not confirm exclusions right now except for the 3br villas.

:thumbsup2 DISers are the best! Thanks!

Thank you !!! And did I read back a few posts that ASMO has "fallen" meaning its no longer an eligiblt resort for FD? (Thats where we are planning on staying)

You're welcome!! Happy to help!! :goodvibes

That's how I read it, about ASMo. Of course, little things seem to keep changing, so there's still hope. I would have a backup choice ready, just in case.

I always try to have three choices and try to not get too attached to my first choice. I am booking for friends this year, and I didn't even tell them which resorts I picked for them LOL, because I don't want them to fall in love with one and then not get it. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter