For those who RECENTLY rented from Alamo @ MCO....

Wondering how you got this price! I would kill for this. Going June 20-27, 2020 and can't even find a sardine can for $260. :(
I got that price through Costco's travel site. Have to be a member, but that deal was really good. About 3 months out I started checking a few times a week and slowly the prices came down and I think I was about a month out when I got that price. I did stalk that website almost daily, but it did pay off. It allows you to make the reservation for free and cancel if you find a better one.

Wondering how you got this price! I would kill for this. Going June 20-27, 2020 and can't even find a sardine can for $260. :(
I agree with you....$260 was an AWESOME PRICE!! I can only hope for that price for a standard/fullsize car in August....i would never expect that rate for a premium SUV!!!

We picked our car up Monday, January 24 2020. We reserved a standard car through Costco. The night before the flight I did the online check in and skip the counter. When we arrived about 2:15 pm we went out to the Alamo garage and I showed an attendant my reservation and he pointed me to the full size row and said take anything in that row. The full size row holds about 15 cars and it was full when we got there. There were three minivans, a Nissan Rogue, three or four Nissan Altimas, three or four Hyundai Sonata's, and two or three Toyota Camry's. We chose a minivan. The van was nice and clean. It was perfect for our week long stay. I will definitely rent through Alamo again if we come back to Orlando.

We picked our car up Monday, January 24 2020. We reserved a standard car through Costco. The night before the flight I did the online check in and skip the counter. When we arrived about 2:15 pm we went out to the Alamo garage and I showed an attendant my reservation and he pointed me to the full size row and said take anything in that row. The full size row holds about 15 cars and it was full when we got there. There were three minivans, a Nissan Rogue, three or four Nissan Altimas, three or four Hyundai Sonata's, and two or three Toyota Camry's. We chose a minivan. The van was nice and clean. It was perfect for our week long stay. I will definitely rent through Alamo again if we come back to Orlando.

sounds great, but that’s not always the case. I rented from Alamo 4 times last year. Always chose standard and everytime I went to the full size aisle my only choices were a full size vehicle or pickup truck. Never any SUVs or minivans or crossovers. I always travel during no holidays and never summer.

sounds great, but that’s not always the case. I rented from Alamo 4 times last year. Always chose standard and everytime I went to the full size aisle my only choices were a full size vehicle or pickup truck. Never any SUVs or minivans or crossovers. I always travel during no holidays and never summer.
Didn't say it was a guarantee. I knew it was a calculated risk and worst case I would have been fine with a sedan. Just posting my experience for the benefit of others as others did for me.

There can be anything in any row. Many times I've seen mini vans in the compact row. I rented from Alamo twice last year and both times the econo and compact rows were completely empty and they told me to go take anything I wanted.

Didn't say it was a guarantee. I knew it was a calculated risk and worst case I would have been fine with a sedan. Just posting my experience for the benefit of others as others did for me.

I agree, your post let me know that someone scored something better than a full size. I felt like it never happens anymore after last year. We won’t take a pickup truck ever. We took one once and were miserable. No place for luggage.

Are there more vehicles to chose from on the A or B side?

good question. We always pick up on side A. Always a lot of cars, but not always a lot of variety. When we book a minivan, there are many choices. When we book a full size, there are always many to chose from.

Are there more vehicles to chose from on the A or B side?
It's really luck of the draw. If you go out on one side and don't like what they have you are free to go over to the other side to look. However, I've had to go over to one side for luggage and then had to haul it back to the other side to get on DME......it was a long trek when you have to take your luggage.

I have a midsize SUV rented from Alamo for 2 weeks from now, I'm constantly checking for a minivan but not willing to pay the price. However, now Midsize SUV's are gone from the inventory - wondering if anyone is there now or recently and noticed if there were other options in that aisle? It's the smallest I'm willing to go, so I'm sticking with it, but if there is a minivan in the full size aisle I'll convince them to let me take it, just curious if anyone has a recent experience in the Midsize SUV row!

I have a midsize SUV rented from Alamo for 2 weeks from now, I'm constantly checking for a minivan but not willing to pay the price. However, now Midsize SUV's are gone from the inventory - wondering if anyone is there now or recently and noticed if there were other options in that aisle? It's the smallest I'm willing to go, so I'm sticking with it, but if there is a minivan in the full size aisle I'll convince them to let me take it, just curious if anyone has a recent experience in the Midsize SUV row!

I just rented a mid-size SUV 1/30-2/4. There was a Hyundai Tucson, a few Jeeps, a Nissan but I took a fully loaded 2020 Ford Edge Titanium. It was plenty big- seating for 5. Large cargo area. Great gas mpg.

i booked a midsize SUV for august 2019, september 2019 and october 2019.
in August, i picked up at MCO (orlando), in September and october, i picked up at DTW (detroit).
All 3 times, the SUVs available to choose from were larger than midsize, more like fullsize, though not gigantic size.
None of the SUVs in the SUV aisle when i was there were what i would define as 'midsize', but rather the next size up.
In Orlando, i had about 10 SUVs to choose from.
I was about 5 minutes late as when i showed up, the one gorgeous jeep cherokee had a very smiley faced woman just pulling out.
Arggh... i really wanted that one.
But the one i got, was also really nice and with lots of bells and whistles.
I spotted it right away and had my daughter stand guard while i ran down the aisle and checked the other ones out.
But it turned out, that first one i saw was indeed the best and with the lowest mileage of the bunch.

It had push button ignition, installed GPS, which was on and i could use it, even though i hadn't asked for it.

what model was it. Hmm...i can't remember, but it was a really nice SUV that i'd love to have here at home.
oh and it also had amazing gas mileage!!

again, all the SUVs in that aisle, were larger than what they have defined on the alamo website as midsize.

i don't know if that's always the case. It was also true at Detroit airport both times i picked up SUVs there.

Rented from the full size aisle in Orlando (A side to be specific) mid-January. Only sedans - not even the ubiquitous pickup trucks that often show up in that aisle.

Rented mid-November - only sedans and a very empty-looking aisle.

Has anyone ever reserved under Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and gotten anything other than a 4 door Wrangler? I am curious if there is anything 'or similar'.

Has anyone rented recently and seen what is on the standard/full size aisle? We always rent a minivan because I don't want to take a risk on not being able to get our luggage in a smaller vehicle. I rent through costco, but the prices are terrible(I have been watching for months). It would save me $200 if I rent standard versus the minivan. I usually see minivans on the other aisles, but didn't know how much that has changed since only one side is open. I usually do the kiosk check in, so I'm guessing I will need to decide which category to rent before seeing what they actually have.

Has anyone rented recently and seen what is on the standard/full size aisle? We always rent a minivan because I don't want to take a risk on not being able to get our luggage in a smaller vehicle. I rent through costco, but the prices are terrible(I have been watching for months). It would save me $200 if I rent standard versus the minivan. I usually see minivans on the other aisles, but didn't know how much that has changed since only one side is open. I usually do the kiosk check in, so I'm guessing I will need to decide which category to rent before seeing what they actually have.
i've never seen a minivan in the standard aisle, but that doesn't mean anything...
when i need a minivan, i reserve a minivan to be sure i'll get one..
last year, i booked midsize SUVs and ended up with full size SUVs.....that was true for Alamo orlando and Alamo detroit...

i've never seen a minivan in the standard aisle, but that doesn't mean anything...
when i need a minivan, i reserve a minivan to be sure i'll get one..
last year, i booked midsize SUVs and ended up with full size SUVs.....that was true for Alamo orlando and Alamo detroit...
Depending on the time of year at Alamo in Orlando you can find an interesting selection in the mid size and full size aisles. I’ve seen pickup trucks and mini vans in the mid size aisle on more than one occasion, but the last few times I traveled and rented a car the mid size aisle only had mid size (10/2019, 1/2020, 2/2020).

I usually do the kiosk check in, so I'm guessing I will need to decide which category to rent before seeing what they actually have.
Have you considered joining the Alamo Insiders program (it’s free)? Then link your Costco reservation to your Insider account using the Alamo confirmation number that is included in the Costco confirmation email. With the Insider account, you can check-in online and choose the skip the counter/kiosk option, go directly to the reserved aisle in the garage (at participating airport locations, includes MCO), pick a car, and present your paperwork, driver license, and credit card at the check-out booth, and head on your way. No counter, no kiosk, very efficient and allows you to see what’s available on the aisle. Some renters hold reservations for both a Standard car and a minivan or SUV, see what’s available when they arrive, and then check in online from their phone right in the garage for the one they want to use. You can use an electronic bar code on your phone for the skip the counter verification, so you don’t have to have a printed copy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter