For those who RECENTLY rented from Alamo @ MCO....

TamaraQT

DIS Veteran
Just curious.....Please post size you reserved and what you were able to get when you got there. I am looking for general Make and Model of vehicles in the Alamo aisles. I would like an idea of what are in the compact...midsize...standard...full-size aisles. We always post and discuss our reservations but hardly post what we got. So lets start a thread....what did you reserve and what did you pick....Go....

Last October I reserved an Economy and there were none. I went over to the booth, they told me just to take a full size, which was right next to the booth. I took a Hyundai Sonata.

We booked a full size in April. 90% of the cars were huge pick up trucks. We ended up with a Ford Fusion which was just fine but I would have been very unhappy with a pick up truck.

Toyota Camry in the full size aisle. I'll take one anytime I see it.
SUV's are a bit different. Took a RAV 4 in the midsize aisle as it was the only one with enough space for our luggage. The reservation site showed 2 large bags could be loaded, but most of the SUV's in that range had no chance of holding 2 large bags.

I had a mid size car last trip. There were only 2 midsize cars in the aisle the rest where small vans/SUVs. I took one of the mid size cars and it was a 2017 Mazda 3.

It sounds like an invasion of SUV's and Pickup trucks!!!:eek: If that is what I will have to choose from when I arrive I will NOT be happy. I guess a small/midsize SUV will be ok but it is not what I really want to drive for 2 weeks. My reservation for a standard size car shows a Buick Verano. I know a Verano is not guaranteed, but I assumed they must have a large fleet of Verano's to have it listed as a possible choice. My full-size reservation has a Nissan Altima listed. I know you go out to the garage and choose your vehicle from the aisle that has the size you rented, but I have yet to hear anyone mention Buick Verano's or Nissan Altima's being on the aisle to choose from. So what is up with all of these pickup trucks?? Who goes to Orlando to rent a pickup truck anyway? What is that all about?? Orlando is a family tourist area for the most part so why would Alamo start getting fleets of pickup trucks?? :confused3 :sad2:

It sounds like an invasion of SUV's and Pickup trucks!!!:eek: If that is what I will have to choose from when I arrive I will NOT be happy. I guess a small/midsize SUV will be ok but it is not what I really want to drive for 2 weeks. My reservation for a standard size car shows a Buick Verano. I know a Verano is not guaranteed, but I assumed they must have a large fleet of Verano's to have it listed as a possible choice. My full-size reservation has a Nissan Altima listed. I know you go out to the garage and choose your vehicle from the aisle that has the size you rented, but I have yet to hear anyone mention Buick Verano's or Nissan Altima's being on the aisle to choose from. So what is up with all of these pickup trucks?? Who goes to Orlando to rent a pickup truck anyway? What is that all about?? Orlando is a family tourist area for the most part so why would Alamo start getting fleets of pickup trucks?? :confused3 :sad2:

I don't know if you know this, but MCO doesn't have a standard aisle, so if you book a standard, you get a free upgrade to full size. I have never seen a Buick or Nissan in the full size aisle, and we have been renting cars there at least twice a year for the past 5 years.

I don't know if you know this, but MCO doesn't have a standard aisle, so if you book a standard, you get a free upgrade to full size. I have never seen a Buick or Nissan in the full size aisle, and we have been renting cars there at least twice a year for the past 5 years.

Each time I go I never noticed if there was a standard aisle or not since I always use the free upgrade to full-size coupon code anyway. I guess I should pay more attention. :laughing: Last year I was supposed to get a mid-size with a free upgrade to Standard. The car showing was a Nissan Sentra. When I got there they were completely out of mid-size and also offered us an upgrade to an SUV. My DH refused it and said it was gas guzzler and made no sense for only 3 of us. So the manager asked what kind of car I wanted. Just then a BRAND NEW CHEVY IMPALA went by. We requested one and they sent to other side for it. It was one of THE BEST vehicles I ever rented. It had less than 200 miles on it. Still had that "New Car Smell"!!! :thumbsup2

Each time I go I never noticed if there was a standard aisle or not since I always use the free upgrade to full-size coupon code anyway. I guess I should pay more attention. :laughing: Last year I was supposed to get a mid-size with a free upgrade to Standard. The car showing was a Nissan Sentra. When I got there they were completely out of mid-size and also offered us an upgrade to an SUV. My DH refused it and said it was gas guzzler and made no sense for only 3 of us. So the manager asked what kind of car I wanted. Just then a BRAND NEW CHEVY IMPALA went by. We requested one and they sent to other side for it. It was one of THE BEST vehicles I ever rented. It had less than 200 miles on it. Still had that "New Car Smell"!!! :thumbsup2

My first thought is "wow! Those have huge trunks!".....then I realized I must be getting old if I'm impressed by trunk space lol.

I generally book an econo and always end up with a midsize. I've had Chev HHR, Nissan Cube, Toyota Corolla, Nissan Altima, Nissan Sentra, VW Jetta, VW Bettle. They shift cars around from isle to isle and you can find anything. I've seen the midsize aisle filled with nothing but mini vans.

Impalas are BY FAR the most common full-size in the Alamo/Nat'l fleet. Odds of getting one at MCO are about 2 to 1 over any other model in that class.

since i have an 8 seater reserved, i think the only car i can get is a sienna. I think that's the only one they have that holds 8 people.

January I booked a "drive happy deal" was sent to the fullsize aisle, and picked a Kia Soul.
May - Memorial Day weekend, booked the same "drive happy deal" and we were sent to the compact aisle... picked a Dodge Dart. Saw lots of mini vans in the compact aisle this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!