For those of you who drive to WDW...do you use Disney transportation?

We have driven and flown to WDW. We always stay on property and always use Disney transportation. The exception being on our day of departure when we drive to the park and head home immediately after we are done there. We like Disney transportation and I like not having to drive back to the resort when I'm tired after a long day of fun. It seems that there are two kinds of people, those who love Disney transportation and those who hate it. Try it both ways and do what works best for you.

We drive from Georgia and the first few visits we used Disney transportation. Last year we drove to the parks except for MK and it was so much easier.

We drive the more we have things we have to lug around (strollers, kids, etc). Once the kids are old enough to not need a stroller we'll probably go with Disney transport as it worked fine our first two trips.

We drive to the parks. When we fly we rent a car also. I don't care for WDW transportation and we like to go to the WDW outlet stores, Publix and to offsite restaurants. Occasionally we will ride the bus when our group splits up.

We drive, and depending on where we are staying will usually drive to the park of our choice. If we are at an Epcot resort or on the monorail loop we do use monorails and boats, but hardly ever buses unless its the express transportation bus. We prefer the freedom that our own car provides us, especially at park closing when the lines for all of the resort buses are insane.

The DW and I are staying at CBR this August, so I think that I'll be using the car more. Normally, we use the bus all the time, unless we are heading offsite.

we drop the car and only use it for non park days, otherwise busses works for us, especially for late night after drinks either at the parks or Disney Spring, is probably one of the main reasons we do stay on site, also the freedom we get from it, me and the kids can leave early for the parks and my husband will sleep in if he feels like it.

We always drive to the parks, with a few exceptions. If we're staying at an Epcot area resort, we walk to Epcot and DHS. Last trip, we stayed at WL and took the boat to MK. Now that we have a toddler, it's nice not to have to mess with the stroller on the bus. I don't like sitting/standing on a crowded bus.

We drive over 20 hours to get there. We also both have fairly long commutes to work and back. When we arrive at Disney World, we take a break from driving. It feels more like a vacation to us. Carefree. Let others worry about traffic, parking etc. And as other PPs have mentioned we can both have a vacation drink or two. It's part of the Disney bubble to us.

The only time we have driven while on vacation to WDW is if we want to do a breakfast at another resort, much quicker & more convienient than taking a bus to a park or disney springs and then another bus to the other resort. (But we never do this more than once on the vacation & it's often the last day as we are preparing to re-enter the "real" world. lol )

I am currently at AKL, this trip, we used the bus to MK and drove to AK and DHS. We plan to bus to Epcot later today, mainly due to having some sangaria at dinner. Each trip is different on when we drive versus bus. Each time, there are many variables that determine what we do each trip.

Other than normally bus/boat to MK, the other parks are determined usually at the time we actually head for the parks. If you have access to a vehicle, do not lock yourself in only driving or only using Disney transportation. It does not have to be an all or nothing or planned too far ahead, other than allowing for travel/wait time.

We drive over 20 hours to get there. We also both have fairly long commutes to work and back. When we arrive at Disney World, we take a break from driving. It feels more like a vacation to us. Carefree. Let others worry about traffic, parking etc. And as other PPs have mentioned we can both have a vacation drink or two. It's part of the Disney bubble to us.

It's always interesting to me when people say this. The thought of standing on a bus, packed like sardines, juggling a toddler, a stroller, and a diaper bag sounds like the opposite of relaxing to me! We are happy in our own car where we all have a seat and some personal space.

Everyone has their own opinion though!

It's always interesting to me when people say this. The thought of standing on a bus, packed like sardines, juggling a toddler, a stroller, and a diaper bag sounds like the opposite of relaxing to me! We are happy in our own car where we all have a seat and some personal space.

Everyone has their own opinion though!

Yes. I love that we are all different! I don't know how I would've felt with tiny tots. We didn't take our kids till they were in jr high & now they are older teens. We all love our family road trips in the car, but love the Disney transportation while at Disney. lol

From the Contemporary, we walk or monorail to MK. To Epcot, we enjoy taking the monorail, because the monorail does a scenic loop through the park before arriving. Especially during the Flower & Garden festival, it's such a special way to arrive at Epcot.

We drive down from Virginia and rarely use Disney Transportation. On our most recent trip, we stayed at the Contemporary. Walked to MK 2 days, rode the monorail to Epcot 2 days, and drove to AK and HS.

Just a personal preference thing with us. MK is really the only park I would consider using the buses for. Staying at the Contemporary, it wasn't an issue.

Thinking about this a bit more...it's also such a novelty to us- the Disney transportation. We live & work in smaller towns and I am not a fan of planes. Thus, any time we go anywhere we are driving. (We don't take the subway or bus as part of our daily life.) It's part of the fun for us to ride a monorail, bus, and boat. I don't know how I'll feel about the "rumored" gondoals... definitely a novelty lol

ETA- It's so great that we all have different preferences as it should theoretically spread out the crowds.

I don't drive but I do occasionally rent a car and more often then not once I'm on property the car just sits and I use Disney Transpo.

Next Trip I'll have family with me and we'll be offsite for 4 days and be doing offsite events. It only cost me about $20 to keep the car for the 4 days that I'll be solo onsite after they leave so I'll keep the car for the convienence of the trip back to the airport (early flight), but I doubt I use it while visiting the parks.

I like Disney transportation and not driving is a vacation to me.

Up until our last two trips, we drove to WDW and then became bus people. I don't know if the bus service isn't as efficient as it used to be or if I'm losing patience, but now we use our car to get everywhere except MK. Sometimes, we drive to a park in the morning and get a good spot, take the bus back to the resort in the afternoon and then back to the park (we don't hop), and we have our car in the nice close parking space to leave when the park closes.

This will be our 7th trip to WDW, 5th time driving. We use the buses, because once I am on property and on vacation, I don't want to have to deal with driving, finding parking, etc. The buses are free, so we use them.

We always drive, even when we fly, we rent a car. I hate using WDW transportation. I also use my own ECV, so I find it easier just to drive to the parks rather than deal with it on the busses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter