Flickr

Not a fan of the new Flickr layouts (especially the extra steps needed to post here on the DIS).

I really do not like the new flickr layout. I even turned off the beta just for this exact reason.

Not sure why flickr will not make an option for posting on message boards in the same way photobucket offers.

I really do not like the new flickr layout. I even turned off the beta just for this exact reason.

Not sure why flickr will not make an option for posting on message boards in the same way photobucket offers.

They want the traffic for themselves so that any photo shown anywhere links back to the Flickr page so they can get the hits.

I used to use a Greasemonkey plugin called AllSizes+ to get BB Code that linked back. Now it doesn't work. Posting is going to be a pain now...

Looks like I'll have to go back to posting how I used to, before discovering the greasemonkey app. I had a sample BB code in a quick access Notepad file. I would copy & paste that into a post, then just change the links in it.

Looks like I'll have to go back to posting how I used to, before discovering the greasemonkey app. I had a sample BB code in a quick access Notepad file. I would copy & paste that into a post, then just change the links in it.

Give this a try: http://www.flickr.com/groups/flickrhacks/discuss/72157624520040274/

It only does size medium, but that's fine by me for now. The guy who made the AllSizes+ script is updating it to be compatible with New Flickr. Can't wait until he's done!

Great news!!!!

The new Flickr now has BB Code links. When you go to Share This.... Grab the HTML; there is now an option to use BB Code. :thumbsup2

Great news!!!!

The new Flickr now has BB Code links. When you go to Share This.... Grab the HTML; there is now an option to use BB Code. :thumbsup2

That is awesome news! No more using size medium with the other script! Thanks for sharing, I would have never looked there.

I've been using flickr for some time now and more and more it seems I feeling the contraints of the Free account.

For those of you that have purchased a Pro account on Flickr I would like to know your thoughts. Is the $25/yr worth it? I am really not sure if I need or want a pro account and after a few emails back and forth with with Flickr support they do not offer a free trial or discount to check it out like SmugMug.

It was worth it to me because I was always running out of the free space. With the "new" flickr upgrades they have made it easier to upload.

I've been using flickr for some time now and more and more it seems I feeling the contraints of the Free account.

For those of you that have purchased a Pro account on Flickr I would like to know your thoughts. Is the $25/yr worth it? I am really not sure if I need or want a pro account and after a few emails back and forth with with Flickr support they do not offer a free trial or discount to check it out like SmugMug.

I use my Flickr a lot for sharing photos with family. You can upload them as private photos. I'm probably uploading 25-50 a week that way. So for me it is worth it.

I think Flicker pro is worth it. I've had it for at least half a year and I've had no problems.

I like how they are updating and improving the site to increase my bang for the buck. I never have to worry about keeping under size limits by removing pictures.

Years ago I subscribed to another photo sharing site and about 3 months in they folded and took my money with them. I like how that possibility is remote with Flicker, which is associated with Yahoo.

Other sites may have different options that would fit your needs better. I haven't felt the need to comparison shop or see if these other sites can better suit my needs so that is saying something for Flicker.

here is my flicker page:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marlton-mom/

As you can see I haven't spent a ton of time organizing collections, sets or galleries but I like having that option, especially if I'm in it for the long term with Flicker. :thumbsup2

I hope that helps you with your question.

:goodvibes

Marlton Mom

Thanks for the replies. I am leading to droping the $25 as I rarely post to flickr because of the monthly limit and the 200 photo max.

I tried to get them to offer a deal or a free trial, but that was shot down. I even suggested that I was considering smugmug because they had a 2 week trial.

I bit the bullet and paid for a year. It nice to finally organize my pictures into collections and additional sets. Plus, I had a few minor modifications from lightroom 3 that I could finally replace images.

I've been using Flickr Pro for about four years and I would recommend it to anyone who is in to taking lots of photos. It's a great site to upload, organize, and share your photos. It can also act as storage if you have have limited memory on your computer. To me, it was worth every penny. :)

I am having difficulties putting pics in these forums from Flickr... Apparently i have been away a while cause they used to put the link under the photo, and now I see I have to use the Share button and "Grab the Link" but it isn't working for me? Am I missing a step somewhere. All I get on the post is a little tiny box like the image never loads?

Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter