Finished the Minnie 5k and now attempting the Princess 1/2 - Am I nuts!?!

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND!!! :hug:I really hope to meet you IRL this weekend. Safe travels!!!

Hi Stacy,

When do you leave? Maybe you have left already! Well regardless, have fun, you are going to do great! Hope you got the snacks packed okay! I have been walking on the treadmill lately for the first time in awhile, it really does make a difference in the whole process. And not necessarily in a good way!

Good luck, I know you are going to do fabulously well!!:cool1:

Thanks Amy! I leave tomorrow night! (well, at 6pm).

I am going out for my last 'pre' race run! Wish me luck! Heading back out to that track after supper.

Hey OWman,

I just wanted to pop in and say GOOD LUCK! You will do a fantastic job in the Minnie. Have fun and take lots of pictures. Have a safe trip.

Cheering from Michigan!:cheer2:
Beth

Hey Stacy! We're heading out at about the same time, but I bet you'll get there before me, as we have to stop off at Atlanta for a brief tour of their airport there. Have a great time settling into the Grand Floridian!

See you soon! Unless we fail to meet up once again, eh? I'm going to PM you a photo and hope it's not TOO LATE!

Hi Stacy, thought about you all weekend, I know you did great! I can't wait to hear about it (and the GF too!).

Hi everyone! I'm baaaaack! LOL :goodvibes Had a GREAT trip.. Here are some details:

1. The race - did the 5k, made out fine, finished with a chip time of 40:07 - not my best by far, but i was definately slowed down by trying to weave in and out of people, didn't expect that -- the positive thing, is for me, i only walked less than a 1/4 of a mile of the course -- jogged the rest! :yay: Felt good after - very proud of my bling bling! :lmao:

2. Meeting DIS'ers -- got to meet lots of friends! Met, Stacey, her DH, Susan, her DH, Stacey's mom, Corinna, Kim, Scott, Amy, and others!! That was so cool.. the support there at the race - both starting and finishing from fellow DIS'ers was unbelievable -- and soooo appreciated!! :thumbsup2 :hug:

3. The hotel -- the Grand Floridian is very pretty, nice pools, nice grounds.. etc. However, the concierge food is - um-- too "high class" for me.. :rolleyes1 :lmao: Just not my kinda stuff - and i found the concierge people to be not as friendly i guess as at the BC or the Poly.. But, maybe that's just my opinion. However, all in all, it was a beautiful resort.

4. Weather -- it was HOT. Just about 90 every day.. but the pool felt great! :cloud9:

And, i guess it may have been the heat, or the feeling of getting my first finishing medal -- or maybe just the Disney magic, but we (me, my mom and my sis) all signed up to do the FIRST DISNEY Princess princess: 1/2 Marathon in March!!!:scared: I have NO idea how to train for this, and scared out of my mind -- but I WANT THAT MEDAL!! :rotfl2: So, i gotta do this!!

Back at work now, and tired, got in about 2am in the morning.. so off to Yoga tonight then tomorrow will try to figure out my training plan for the next 10 months! :teacher:

Hey Stacie! :goodvibes It was really great meeting you at the 5k (and your mom)! It really was a hot weekend in Orlando, wasn't it? :cool2:

Good for you for signing up for the Princess 1/2 in March! :thumbsup2 We are going back to WDW in March, but haven't decided on the dates yet. All we know is that we are going to go before and during March 11th (DD's 10th birthday). I'll have to check the dates of the Princess! :rolleyes1

Congrats again and maybe we'll meet up again sometime!

Stacy,
It was so great to see you at the races over the weekend. I think your time was great - the course was so narrow in places, it was easy to kind of get stuck behind people. I'm guessing there were very few PR's set on that warm, sweaty, crowded race course. You did a great job. I'm glad you're enjoying your medal! They really are super-nice, aren't they?

So, we're (I'm) thinking about the princess 1/2 as well. I can't believe you all signed up already! That's pretty bold, I must say! You'll be able to get the training in, I'm sure. 10 months is plenty of time. :thumbsup2

Hi Stacy!!! :wave:

It was really awesome to met you this past weekend! I know you're doing the Princess 1/2 but will you be down for marathon weekend as well? Would love to get the opportunity to talk with you more. You did a great job in the race girl...was so fun to cheer you on and see you at the races!!! :hug:

It sounds like you had a wonderful time, Stacy!:goodvibes Great job on the 5K!!!!:cheer2:

Hope you have a great day tomorrow!:hug:

Welcome back Stacy! I think you did great, especially given the crowds of people and humidity. You're going to do great at the Princess Half--and your enthusiasm for the inaugural event is practically contagious! Keep tempting us with the possibilities....

Hi Stacie,

COngratulations on your race. I guess Scott is right. It is all about the bling. You will do great at the 1/2 in March. You have accomplished every goal you set for yourself, and this one will be no different.

Now, do you really want me to answer the question in your journal title?;) :lmao: :thumbsup2

Have a good one,
Beth

:goodvibes Thanks guys! I will try to get to everyone's journals this weekend.. man,i am so glad it's friday-- you all know what the week is like when you return from a vacation -- chaios. :lmao:

anyway, I attempted a run last night (first since Sat's 5k) and totally stunk. I got one mile in and decided to quit. :rolleyes1 My top of my foot towards my ankle was sore, and my quad on my right leg was stiff -- i had to listen to my body, i am sure i could have pushed on, but with just signing up for the 1/2, i need to be smart - that fee is non-refundable.. :lmao: So, i will try again tomorrow hopefully if the weather cooperates. (Also, last night was on the TM which i haven't been on in a few weeks.)

I did however do a 2 hr yoga class on Tuesday night with my MIL, and now i am looking forward to getting back into that routine of once a week class. My MIL even surprised me with my own mat! So, now i can do some at home too..

Amy -- i got a nice Pilates book too -- can't think of the name off my head, but i am going to try to look at it this weekend. Thinking of getting a dvd too.. any suggestions?

Good news is - i stepped on the scale after my 4 days at WDW, and didn't gain at all - actually lost 1 lb! :confused3 :) Must have been all that "unidentifiable" food at the Concierge lounge at the Grand.. :rolleyes: (Not a fan of their food -- the hotel is beautiful, but i can go without that food again.. Too many weird things -- i will take Poly concierge anyday over the GF!)

Hi everyone, Well, mothers day was great - dd woke me up (so much for sleeping in! :confused3 :rotfl: ) and gave me a bunch of homemade goodies (cards,pics, bookmark) that she had made in school, at church, etc.. They are just precious.

I went out yesterday afternoon to do a run - since i bombed on my last. Well, i did 2 miles of walk/run, and that was it for me. I am sore -- legs. Don't know why, i haven't done much since WDW.. I am really scared as to how the best way to train for the 1/2 in March will be.... :scared: I want to really have fun and enjoy it -- so i know i will be doing a walk/run combo - and i want to pace with my mom, so i don't want either of us to push it.. But, i am at a lost at where to begin..

On a non-related note --- i gotta tell a funny dd story --
When i pulled her homework out of her bag for the last few weeks, i have noticed that she is now dotting her "i"'s in her name with Mickey heads!!!! :lmao: (Her name is Caitlin) so she has 2 mickey heads for the top's of her "i"'s.. how cute is that??? IT just must be in her blood -- i just thought that was so creative and cute for a 7 yr old. :lovestruc

I know exactly how you feel, running-wise. It's not coming too easily to me either. :headache: Maybe it's just coming down off of a Florida trip or something? :confused3

My DD dots her i's with mickeys sometimes too. ;) We are definitely creating Disney fans for life!! :woohoo: I almost have my kids convinced to work at Disney so that DH and I can retire and live down there and see my kids (and have the family discounts). :laughing:

Kim, that is SOOO funny, I have been telling my dd that she will work at Disney too - LOL She keeps saying she wants to work in an animal hospital setting - and i told her she can do it at AK. LOL
I definately plan on retiring down there and working for the mouse. 20 years to go!!! LOL I told DH he can be WDW security (hes a deputy sheriff now). And dh was just recently diagnosed with Raynauds Disease http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/raynauds-disease/DS00433

And i told him that is just the sealer of the deal!! LOL We need the warm!!

Sorry to hear about your DH's diagnosis, even if it's "just" a nuisance. On the plus side, it might be he's on board with your retirement plans. (They're my plans, too!)

Glad you had a great Mother's Day, and Caitlin sounds so creative with the gifts and her signature. Just like Mom!

Don't know about your running, but think Kim is onto something. Lots of us experience post-event depression, and I think it affects us physically and emotionally. But you're done a great thing, signing up for the 1/2, to get you back in the groove & pushing through until you find your mojo again. Just listen to your body & don't push through the pain. :thumbsup2

Happy Mother's Day Stacy!:flower3: It sounds like you had a great day yesterday!:goodvibes

Hope you have a great week ahead!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter