Finished the Minnie 5k and now attempting the Princess 1/2 - Am I nuts!?!

Hi, Stacy. Thinking of you - check in when you have a minute!

Susan

Stacy...Hope everything is alright. Check in when you have a chance! Hope all is well!!!

Stacie

Hi guys!! I am still around!! I totally didn't realize that it has been this long since i checked in! Geez... :headache:

All is well here, havent' been running much i hate to say though, it just seemed like it's been one thing after another to do -- I am still doing my Yoga, (going tonight), and will pick back up with running probably by the weekend.. I guess i am just lost as to what to do to train right now... I may stop into B&N and check out Marathoning for Mortals book -- or amazon.. As i need some course of training action here -- i just feel so lost as to how to go about training for a 1/2 and a lil' overwhelmed. :rolleyes1

Yay! You're back!

I know the feeling. I haven't done anything for a month. It's hard to be motivated when there are no events on the calendar. I won't start training for the Half until End of Aug/First of Sept so I've found a few local 5Ks to keep me going. I'm trying to just keep a good solid base until it's time to start upping the mileage for the half-training.

So glad everything is alright w/ you!

Stacie

Stacy, good job keeping up with the yoga. I am noticing around here many of us are a bit on the blah side with our good habits and working out! Lets all get back on track together. We can do it! Going to B & N is a great idea, a good book can really help. I bought one, now I just have to read the darn thing!

Hi, Stacy. Glad you are doing well. Life has a tendency to take over no matter what our intentions are! Don't worry, you'll find your way with this 1/2 training schedule. I can't wait to hear how it goes over the next few months!

Hope you have a good day!

Susan

You're back, you're posting, you're still motivated with the yoga. (I need to get back on the mat myself). :cool1:

And it's great that you're looking for a training plan. I've been playing with lots of them, but I still hold that MfM is one of the best; it actually lets me have a life. That said, I keep hearing great things from the Galloway folks. Decisions, decisions, decisions....let me know what YOU decide!

Hey Stacy. Hope all is well with you and you have a great weekend! :hug:

hi guys! I am doing well, i am walking/running a couple times a week, and still doing yoga - just really enjoying the summer - it's been so nice here and hot - only drawback is the humidity - yuck. Just enjoying the warm sun - and haven't sat at the computer too long - i am sure when the weather cools down i will be on more - And i have been busy prepping for our upcoming cruise (see my siggy!) Then we go back to WDW for Thanksgiving.. :)

Stacy,
How is it going? I get the whole motivation thing-UGHHH!

I have Marathoning For Mortals and I like it.It is a good read for the type of info in there.Also Runners World magazine is excellent for motivation.I find myself reading it and saying I can do that and it gets you out there.

Good Luck and have a good one,
Linda

Hey Stacy! Glad to hear all is well I checked out your blog. I LOVE those flip flop lunch boxes! They are the cutest things!!! I just love beachy, flip flop stuff and flipped when I saw them. How Cute! I bet the teachers loved them.

Glad to hear you summer is going well. I can't wait to hear all about your cruise! I'm so jealous! :goodvibes

Stacie

Stacy:

Good to hear you're keeping up with your running and XT. And summer is precisely the time to stay away from the computer--wish I had your strength of character in that regard!

I'm really jealous about your cruise. I've never been, and DOOD keeps promising we'll go, but no plans are made. You'll just have to tell me all the details!

Hi, Stacy. Glad to hear you're having a good summer - your Disney trip will be here before you know it! We miss you, but we all understand how hard it can be to make time for journals sometimes. And besides, the bad winter weather will be here again before you can turn around (especially in your neck of the woods) and then you'll be inside more and therefore more computer accessible! In the meantime, know we're thinking of you and hoping you're having a ball!

Hope you have a good week!

Susan

You can totally do a 1/2 marathon, I did one last labor day weekend (2007). I trained by running 4-5 miles a day, the most I ran all at once before the 1/2 was 9.3 miles for the Boilermaker in July 07. I actually did better in the 1/2 than I did in the Boilermaker in terms of running consistently. I walked alot in the Boilermaker because it was so hot and hilly. You can totally do it though, I went from 250 lbs (unfortunately i'm back there again due to laziness) to 190 and running a 1/2 marathon, you can totally do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter