• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 2017 Wish Lifestyle / Weight Challenge: Beat the Sugar Rush and Earn Your Hero Medal!

I wouldn't say it's an awesome love story but still a little out of the ordinary. We were in the Navy and both stationed on the USS Kittyhawk in Japan. We worked in different shops but had the same master chief in charge of our shops so we saw each other a lot. He's from Pittsburgh and just sort of came off as kind of a hick so I wasn't really interested. I took notice of him one day because he made a comment about Ernest Hemingway and the book the The Sun Also Rises. After talking to a lot more, I was impressed because he is actually really smart and a whiz at math. One day we ran into each other on base and he asked if I wanted to go eat lunch; I said yes even though I had just eaten lunch to spend time with him. We were pretty much inseparable after that until I was transferred. My eight years were up shortly after my transfer so we got married and he also got out and we moved back to the town I grew up in. The rest is history and we've been married for 14 years.

February 14 - A DYNAMITE GAL
giphy.gif

Love Love Love Love Love!
In Wreck it Ralph, Fix it Felix Jr instantly becomes smitten with Sargent Calhoun of the Heroes Duty game. He calls her a "Dynamite Gal", which unfortunately brings back some flashbacks of sad backstory. But nonetheless, Fix it Felix ends up winning over the Sargent and they find true love. :lovestruc

Today is Valentine's Day ... so let's focus on some ~love~.

Question of the Day
Wreck it Ralph's couple has an awesome love story, and I'm sure you do too!
Tell us about how you met your Dynamite Guy or Gal. :love:

I met Jeff in our Economics class in college. We went on a date about a week after 9/11 happened. My sister remembers me telling her after the first date that I was going to marry him. He is the complete opposite of who I ever thought I would marry. After we both graduated from college we moved in together knowing that at some point he would propose.

I loved riding horses at the time and the barn that my mom had hers had a horse that they let me ride when ever I wanted. I decided that I would show the horse one weekend. As I was getting ready Jeff and my mom went to registrar me for the class. That is when he asked my mom if he could marry me. I had no clue this was going on as I was too nervous about showing. This was some time around the end of August. A few weeks later he proposed. I still has no clue.

I do tease him all the time about how he proposed. He is not romantic at all. At the time he worked second shift so we didn't see each often as I had a normal 9-5 job. So we would eat lunch together as much as possible. On this day he picked up subway and we went to the park (soccer fields) and proposed there. I had just transferred to a new location (I worked at a daycare with about 7 locations.) This location the employees hated me. I was the assistant director and they would tell me that they hated me and they were not going to listen to me, their boss. It was good times. I had to go back to work and be excited. It was kind of hard. I also couldn't call my mom because she is a teacher and was back in school. It was all good. I made the best of it.

The wedding planning had some ups and downs. First I wanted to get married in July between our birthdays (his is the 23rd and mine the 29th) but my sister was getting married on July 3rd and was throwing a fit about our date. That was her month not mine. Then I thought about March or so because it was cheaper but knew my sister would have another fit if it was before hers so i decided on October 9th. My mom teased us that we should have our wedding together. That was not going to happen. I was a princess and she was not. Too totally different types of people. Jeff and i had only 2 arguments over planning. His theory was just tell where and when. At one point I said no alcohol at the wedding. I lost that battle. My mom choose Jeff's side. I had no hope. The other was I wanted a horse and carriage and a limo. The horse and carriage is only allowed to go like a mile or so on the road. Jeff said it was too expensive to do both. We kind of compromised on this one. I got my horse and carriage and then we rented 2 Yukons. It worked out great.

The day of the wedding went great. Some rain in the morning and then sunny and beautiful the rest of the day. Jeff was drunk by the end of the night. Like barely able to stand drunk. As we were cleaning up (taking the stuff that was ours) my brother in law and cousin walked Jeff down the stairs. 2 drunk guys, just not as drunk, helping the drunk guy down the stairs. It was very funny to watch. My step dad was outside with Jeff waiting for the rest of us. Jeff called my step day dude a ton of times. We have many laughs about this now. Jeff does not think it was funny. I have come to know when he gets pretty drunk. Saying Dude is the sign that he is drunk.

Here are a few pictures of us.

The was about a year and a half before we got married
johnson-wedding 007.jpg

This is my favorite picture from our wedding.
wedding day 045.jpg

This is from our Honeymoon. Another of my favorites
DCP_2581.jpg

No if I can only get back this weight. We both look so young and thin. Jeff was about 150 here and I was about 116. The first picture i was about 100 pounds. I am at about 137 right now and he is at about 200.

I haven't met him yet... boohoo for me. I've long thought I would meet some awesome single Grandpa at WDW, and do keep an eye out when I'm there, but there always seems to be a Grandma already attached. But I know there's a cool old dude out there waiting for me, somewhere.

:love::love::love: Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

In response to yesterday's negativity question, I've decided to sign up as a Charity runner for Avengers! I have to raise $800 by November and I'm feeling really good about it... like, amazingly good and such. I will work hard for these sick kids and make my Dopey Training mean something as i utilize Avengers Infinity Gauntlet as a way to make a difference.

What charity are you running for? I'm just being nosey. I think thats awesome by the way!

Cute QOTD!!!

Let's see. DH lived in the same neighborhood as my cousin that I am always talking about. I would come down GA to FL to visit them on my collage breaks. DH was always hanging out with my cousin's husband (usually drinking and tinkering out in the garage). One summer, he told me I was pretty. The next trip down was Halloween, and we started talking a bit. But I was still living in GA and having a good time being single. LOL! By Christmas, though, we were talking even more and he was planning trips to come visit me in Georgia. I remember coming home from Christmas break and one of my roomies asked me what Santa brought me. I told her I think he brought me a boyfriend. Little did I know he had brought be a husband!

I moved down to FL that summer, and we were living together by Christmas. I remember we had this whole plan about spending some nights together but then also being apart to not spoil anything. Well, I went over to his condo to start our rotational living and never left! I paid rent on my empty apartment for 3 months because I couldn't break the lease Hahaha!

A year and a half later he proposed the night before we left to go on a trip to the Grand Canyon. It was awesome to just be engaged and go have a trip together to celebrate!

I wanted a big plantation wedding (I'm a southern belle after all) and I even told him he didn't love me enough if he wasn't up for it (I'm a big brat too apparently). LOL! That was when he suggested Ireland. We both were dumbstruck when we had visited the Cliffs of Moher the year before, and it was our first "special" place if you will that really spoke to the both of us and awakened the travel bug in him. So that's what we did-- just the two of us. It was perfect!

6a00d83517bae953ef01a73ddf18da970d.jpg

I know it looks it, but it's not a back drop-- it was very real and freezing LOL!

The sun did grace us with his presence about an hour later though:

6a00d83517bae953ef01a73ddf240a970d.jpg

So yeah-- that's our story :-)

We are being super romantic tonight. Going out with my cousin, her kids, her friend, and her kids to go to Hooters where if you bring a picture of your ex to shred you get buy 10 get 10 free chicken wings :rotfl:

I may just get a salad and let DH shred his ex for wings!

*sorry for the huge pics-- I linked them in but can't figure out how to adjust them :-/

Question of the Day
Wreck it Ralph's couple has an awesome love story, and I'm sure you do too!
Tell us about how you met your Dynamite Guy or Gal. :love:

I'm going to mix things up and give a shout out to my amazing Dad this Valentine's Day. This is my first one in 5 years of being unattached. Fortunately, I've never been a huge Valentine's day fan. I never got anything in high school so the day was really just a painful reminder for me back then "everyone else had a boyfriend and I'd never find love" (that was my melodramatic rationale). Now I have no ill feelings toward it and just appreciate that there's a holiday where people have an excuse to buy me chocolate lol. But! My dad is my Dynamite Guy. Today, he had 2 dozen beautiful roses delivered to my desk at work :flower1: Even thinking about it makes me tear up a little bit. Funny thing about divorce that you don't realize is that even the days that are seemingly meaningless to you can still have some sadness when the day comes. My dad is so very thoughtful and does little surprises and treats like that. He has set a fantastic standard of how one spouse should treat another. He definitely made me feel loved today. That's all this day, and every day, is about anyway.

Cute QOTD!!!

Let's see. DH lived in the same neighborhood as my cousin that I am always talking about. I would come down GA to FL to visit them on my collage breaks. DH was always hanging out with my cousin's husband (usually drinking and tinkering out in the garage). One summer, he told me I was pretty. The next trip down was Halloween, and we started talking a bit. But I was still living in GA and having a good time being single. LOL! By Christmas, though, we were talking even more and he was planning trips to come visit me in Georgia. I remember coming home from Christmas break and one of my roomies asked me what Santa brought me. I told her I think he brought me a boyfriend. Little did I know he had brought be a husband!

I moved down to FL that summer, and we were living together by Christmas. I remember we had this whole plan about spending some nights together but then also being apart to not spoil anything. Well, I went over to his condo to start our rotational living and never left! I paid rent on my empty apartment for 3 months because I couldn't break the lease Hahaha!

A year and a half later he proposed the night before we left to go on a trip to the Grand Canyon. It was awesome to just be engaged and go have a trip together to celebrate!

I wanted a big plantation wedding (I'm a southern belle after all) and I even told him he didn't love me enough if he wasn't up for it (I'm a big brat too apparently). LOL! That was when he suggested Ireland. We both were dumbstruck when we had visited the Cliffs of Moher the year before, and it was our first "special" place if you will that really spoke to the both of us and awakened the travel bug in him. So that's what we did-- just the two of us. It was perfect!

I know it looks it, but it's not a back drop-- it was very real and freezing LOL!

We are being super romantic tonight. Going out with my cousin, her kids, her friend, and her kids to go to Hooters where if you bring a picture of your ex to shred you get buy 10 get 10 free chicken wings :rotfl:

*sorry for the huge pics-- I linked them in but can't figure out how to adjust them :-/

Beautiful photos and lovely story!
Cute QOTD!!!

Got 24.5 laps done in 15 minutes today.

How DH and I met. We originally met in the spring of 1993 in a college German class though I don't remember him and we did not interact outside of the language practice sessions in class. In 1995 I started going to the church that he attended and later got involved in the choir except it was discovered I can't hear pitch right due to my hearing and thus can't sing. The music pastor asked if I would be willing to do the slides which at the time were on actual slide projectors so I would need a second person to run the third projector ( the screens were in the center of the main 2 aisles and one on each of the 2 side sections as the seating was 4 sections across the floor plus the balcony) I thought this guy was really cute and wanted a chance to get to know him a bit better plus so many others had turned me down that when his older brother who I had asked but turned me down suggested asking him I took the chance. We worked together for about a month or so and then on my birthday I got a really cool gift of a set of new tires for my car and I wanted to share it with him thinking that being a guy he would find it cool. My girlfriends were that's nice but really not too excited for me. I could not find his name in the phone book but could find his brother's name so I called his brother and asked for his number. His brother told me that he still lived with his parents and that he could not give out the number but he would let his brother know that I had called. Knowing the road that he lived on I started going through the phone book to find his last name and see who lived on the street he lived on which close to 4 miles in length so I figured it would have more than one. There was only one listing for his last name on his street so I decided to call figuring if nothing else I could just leave a message that I was having a quick meeting after service with the slide team that next Sunday if he wasn't available Line was busy. I waited a while and was trying to get up the nerve to call again when my phone rang and it was him. His brother had called him and told him that I had called looking for him and that he might want to call me and talk to me if he didn't want their parents to ask a bunch of questions especially since he was in his mid 20s and had never even gone out with a group of mixed gender friends after youth group or a band concert. We went out for a quick bit to eat 6 days later and that started out over 7 year dating relationship. We found out that we were expecting ( neither set of parents were too excited about the news at first) and originally planned to get married when our baby was about 4 months old. I ended up loosing my job at a place that was just looking for a reason to make my supervisor fire me because pregnant women working at a fitness center and not having a perfectly toned six pack is not a good image for the company so after I couldn't plug in some game for the kids because it involved crawling behind and I had no idea where a kid had put personal belongings instead of in the same area as all the other kids belongings I was terminated. He brought up that with his brother being deployed he really wanted his brother at his wedding and why don't we get married when his brother was home on leave so we pulled our wedding off in 2 weeks. We just had our parents, siblings and their families, my Nana and my dad's cousin who lived with my great aunt ( since my grandma had passed before I was born she took on that role so was very special to me and I wanted her there-she ended up being sick and could not make it) though we had also invited his aunt and uncle and cousin who lived locally. I made all the flowers and my mom and sister helped me make mints, his sister did the cake for us and we had the reception at her home with simple decorations. His younger brother who was our best man ordered pizza for a meal, my sister and his now ex bil took photos for us. We did later have a larger ceremony just so I could wear the dress we had bought as there was not enough time to get the alterations done that close in time plus we wanted to celebrate with extended family and all our friends.

Our Wedding Photo

With Nana

Our reception table complete with sparkling cider for the toast and my hand tied flowers

Our unity candle table listening to a song play. The flower petals are from all the roses he gave me over the years we were dating that I carefully dried

With our little girl who is now 12 on our vow renewal and reception day

Last edited:
February 15 - It's WooHoo Wednesday
giphy.gif

It's a dance party, not group aerobics.

All right folks. It's that time again... time to celebrate and share your big
accomplishment for the week. No celebration is too big or small
and it can be workout, life, Disney, etc related. Nothing is
off limits. Time to brag and share your success!

My Woohoos:
- I've reached my fundraising goal in 5 days. Waiting on the funds to be released from paypal to pay the last $100 payment.
- One week from tonight I'll be on a night flight to WDW for Princess Half Marathon.
- Husband got me gorgeous flowers and I can't stop staring at them :)

I always forget about woohoo wednesday! I'm going to woohoo that I've been on plan all week. On Monday I went to the gym in the morning and then did yoga in the evening. Yesterday I did gym in the morning and I went for a walk in the evening. This morning I took a gym break but I plan on doing yoga again this evening. And my eating has been good too. So I'm just super pleased with that! This weekend is already making me anxious about eating. Someone mentioned a happy hour on Friday, another one has been suggested on Saturday too. In general, I just struggle with the weekend. So I'm trying to feel better about my choice with what I have done so far this week! And take it one day at a time.

giphy.gif

After a not so good morning the day is looking better. My son spilled a 20 oz bottle of water on my husbands work computer this morning. It was an accident but it made the morning tense. So here are my woohoo's

1. My new fitbit arrived today! I upgraded from the Flex to a Charge 2. My old fitbit wasn't holding a charge really good any more and today I am sure to have 10,000 steps by lunch. The old one has now gone crazy. I am getting about 100+ steps every few minutes without moving.

2. My husband told me the other morning that my stomach has gotten a lot smaller

3. I got to help at my daughters last class party yesterday. It was a lot of fun.

4. I got my chocolate covered strawberries yesterday. I ate all 12 for dinner last night. I felt kind of sick after though. Too much sugar. I would have shared with the kids but her bought them a box too and you only have about 24 hours to eat them before they start to go bad. All worth it though. Back to the eating plan today except with the craziness this morning I forgot my breakfast and lunch. I had a bagel for breakfast and i will get soup for lunch.

Got 24.5 laps done in 15 minutes today.

How DH and I met. We originally met in the spring of 1993 in a college German class though I don't remember him and we did not interact outside of the language practice sessions in class. In 1995 I started going to the church that he attended and later got involved in the choir except it was discovered I can't hear pitch right due to my hearing and thus can't sing. The music pastor asked if I would be willing to do the slides which at the time were on actual slide projectors so I would need a second person to run the third projector ( the screens were in the center of the main 2 aisles and one on each of the 2 side sections as the seating was 4 sections across the floor plus the balcony) I thought this guy was really cute and wanted a chance to get to know him a bit better plus so many others had turned me down that when his older brother who I had asked but turned me down suggested asking him I took the chance. We worked together for about a month or so and then on my birthday I got a really cool gift of a set of new tires for my car and I wanted to share it with him thinking that being a guy he would find it cool. My girlfriends were that's nice but really not too excited for me. I could not find his name in the phone book but could find his brother's name so I called his brother and asked for his number. His brother told me that he still lived with his parents and that he could not give out the number but he would let his brother know that I had called. Knowing the road that he lived on I started going through the phone book to find his last name and see who lived on the street he lived on which close to 4 miles in length so I figured it would have more than one. There was only one listing for his last name on his street so I decided to call figuring if nothing else I could just leave a message that I was having a quick meeting after service with the slide team that next Sunday if he wasn't available Line was busy. I waited a while and was trying to get up the nerve to call again when my phone rang and it was him. His brother had called him and told him that I had called looking for him and that he might want to call me and talk to me if he didn't want their parents to ask a bunch of questions especially since he was in his mid 20s and had never even gone out with a group of mixed gender friends after youth group or a band concert. We went out for a quick bit to eat 6 days later and that started out over 7 year dating relationship. We found out that we were expecting ( neither set of parents were too excited about the news at first) and originally planned to get married when our baby was about 4 months old. I ended up loosing my job at a place that was just looking for a reason to make my supervisor fire me because pregnant women working at a fitness center and not having a perfectly toned six pack is not a good image for the company so after I couldn't plug in some game for the kids because it involved crawling behind and I had no idea where a kid had put personal belongings instead of in the same area as all the other kids belongings I was terminated. He brought up that with his brother being deployed he really wanted his brother at his wedding and why don't we get married when his brother was home on leave so we pulled our wedding off in 2 weeks. We just had our parents, siblings and their families, my Nana and my dad's cousin who lived with my great aunt ( since my grandma had passed before I was born she took on that role so was very special to me and I wanted her there-she ended up being sick and could not make it) though we had also invited his aunt and uncle and cousin who lived locally. I made all the flowers and my mom and sister helped me make mints, his sister did the cake for us and we had the reception at her home with simple decorations. His younger brother who was our best man ordered pizza for a meal, my sister and his now ex bil took photos for us. We did later have a larger ceremony just so I could wear the dress we had bought as there was not enough time to get the alterations done that close in time plus we wanted to celebrate with extended family and all our friends.

Our Wedding Photo

With Nana

Our reception table complete with sparkling cider for the toast and my hand tied flowers

Our unity candle table listening to a song play. The flower petals are from all the roses he gave me over the years we were dating that I carefully dried

With our little girl who is now 12 on our vow renewal and reception day

Ahhh... lovely story. Good for you for taking the chance!

giphy.gif

Woohoo... it's Wednesday!

1. The question on self pampering got me to thinking about the things I haven't been doing for myself lately, and so Monday I got in for a chiropractic adjustment and this morning I had a Rolfing session, both have helped me to feel much more balanced, and just all around better.
2. My hair has grown out to the point where it actually looks kind of OK again (I had cut it super, super short while I was changing colors).
3. I realized last night that next week is going to be a short work week because Monday is Pres. Day and I'm off on Friday.
4. Last night my kitty Whitehall had a case of the crazies, and we had a lot of fun playing all evening... she was really silly and it just made me happy to be silly with her.
5. I'm going to be off on Friday next week for the trip to the beach with my Sister and Brother. We're staying in my all time favorite hotel, tucked right in to the beach dunes all rooms facing the ocean: and we're in my most favorite room, the third floor suite with fireplace and huge Jacuzzi tub.

Last edited:
Last night my kitty Whitehall had a case of the crazies, and we had a lot of fun playing all evening... she was really silly and it just made me happy to be silly with her.
5. I'm going to be off on Friday next week for the trip to the beach with my Sister and Brother. We're staying in my all time favorite hotel, tucked right in to the beach dunes all rooms facing the ocean: and we're in my most favorite room, the third floor suite with fireplace and huge Jacuzzi tub.

I love it when kitties get all playful like that! Hope you all enjoy your weekend away - sounds wonderful.

Lovely stories everyone .... @sweetpeama 2 ceremonies! woohoo the pic with your daughter in your dress is my favourite.

Woohoo Wednesday ...

1. Whilst I am behind in paperwork - feel like I have been super productive in practical ways to my schools/students this week - which is also what my goal is for the year - less writing more doing.
2. Even though it is already Thursday here I will woohoo that today is my twins 13th Birthday!!!! Wow I now have all teenagers in the house! So in keeping with my new spirit of embracing fun this year - we are all having the day off together - no school - no work. We have already done the presents then it is their breakfast/s of choice (because of course they wanted different things!), then organising their rooms with their new stuff (pressies were mainly room makeover things), then off the movies - finally going to see Hidden Figures it is out here today - there will be birthday cake at some stage and lunch/or dinner out somewhere.
3. I am going to woohoo my DS16 also as he is just wonderful - who I am just prouder of everyday.

I love reading all y'all's awesome woohoos!!!

As for me:

1) This morning I overheard DH talking to one of our random customers who comes in from time to time. The customer was asking what I was doing to be slimming down! What the WHAT!?!? Totally random person noticing my hard work. Love it! Now can he please go tell the scale to give me some love like that!?

2) DH surprised me with a Lilly + Starbucks water bottle this morning. I love Lilly Pulitzer and they just did a collaboration with Starbucks and S'well water bottles. They are SO hard to find. I've been to like 12 Starbucks this week looking for them to no avail. He went to the one Starbucks in the area rumored to have some this morning at 5:30 am when they opened to stand in line and get me one. All the while I was fast asleep. It's my new workout water bottle to bring a little fun and excitement to working out LOL

3) Also, I found an amazing conference to go to that relates to the business we recently bought. Not to mention it's in Orlando. But I am super excited about it and want to go! I know next to nothing about the ceramics and flooring industry, so I am so eager to spend a week learning about it and my evenings watching fireworks and drinking in the atmosphere of Disney!

I got 23.5 laps done in 16 minutes today.

My Whohoos

1. Yesterday 9 year old actually signed more for steamed broccoli at our main meal after informing us no at the beginning of the meal for a piece even on her plate.

2. It was nice enough when I finished my walk I could go out and stand on my deck in fleece pants and a t-shirt and look at the stars for about 5 minutes.

3. 9 year old was actually in bed shortly after 10 PM ( last night she was not even in her jammies when DH got home at 2:30 am and even then did not mind on going to bed-I let DH deal with her little attitude ( for a kid who can't talk ( apraxia) she can sure communicate a whole lot when she wants to)

4. 9 year old actually washed the sauce from her raviolli off her face during her bath all by herself without my having to tell her to don't forget to wash your face.

5. 9 year old actually sat in a chair during the entire 4-H club business meeting last night and only moved once ( that was to come up and sit next to me once I got done doing some leader activities that I needed to get done during the roll call

6. I have things set up for the skillathon practice we are going to be having for the livestock members in the club later this month including the room reserved and arrangements to pick up the materials from the county office the day before.

7. My girls did not get in a single fight today and there was no screaming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter