February 2014 Code watch

I feel exactly like you do. It really bothered me last year and this year it is even worse. I tentatively booked with the SPD, but free dining would save us an additional $1400. So do I have $1400 worth of sour grapes? I guess I do. However, it still comes down to that I am buying a service from a very large company. Why should I have to pay a higher price for the exact same service as someone else does? The pin code strategy may have worked at one time, but in this day and age of social media and mass communication it now just fosters bad feelings.

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to be grumpy about WDW. But this seems unfair to me. I am signed up on the sight, and am a repeat costumer. Where is my pin code for free dining? I have never been offered one.

Does it bother anyone else that people get different deals? I mean some got SPD some got free dining. It is frustrating to me. I got a SPD dine deal but of course free dining seems like it would be cheaper. It is also frustrating to me disney can't outline the exact price for each part of the package, ie dining cost this but your discount now makes it this price. I would be upset if I went to Target and paid one price and a friend went for the same item and paid a diferrent price. I guess I should be happy I got a deal but it seems unfair. Sorry I just had to let that out.

So I've looked at price comparisons (on my head, not with pencil/paper) & what ppl are posting (savings / total costs / etc) and I am not sure anyone got free dining except those with PINs. I'll add that my husband & I both called several times over the past week and again today seeking FD - each time quoted same cost but depending on the WDW CM we were told SPD or FD. Pointed out to CM that it didn't add up to FD at which point CM said it was actually a package deal with a dining discout.... Hope that makes u feel better?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards ... 09/2010 CBR Pirate Room ; 11/2012 POR Royal Room ; Early 2014 CS in planning process'

The only free dining that is out for next winter is through a pin code. But that is our point. Some get the pins and some do not. And I know that there was a LOT of pins sent out in the last few days and still we did not receive one. Maybe if Disney would ever explain their criteria for who gets them I would feel better about having to pay more than someone else for the same vacation. But when it seems so completely random, then it is just sooooo frustrating. Knowing Disney, though, I really doubt that it is random. Disney does nothing randomly! As it is it just feels like Disney has decided that they don't value our business as much as they do other peoples'.

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to be grumpy about WDW. But this seems unfair to me. I am signed up on the sight, and am a repeat costumer. Where is my pin code for free dining? I have never been offered one.

THIS. I am a little grumpy, could be all the rain. If I had FD I could've booked 2 rooms at a deluxe for what I'm paying at POR. I keep thinking maybe just pay for food OOP but with 4 adults and only 1 kid I think it might save us more with DDP.

The only free dining that is out for next winter is through a pin code. But that is our point. Some get the pins and some do not. And I know that there was a LOT of pins sent out in the last few days and still we did not receive one. Maybe if Disney would ever explain their criteria for who gets them I would feel better about having to pay more than someone else for the same vacation. But when it seems so completely random, then it is just sooooo frustrating. Knowing Disney, though, I really doubt that it is random. Disney does nothing randomly! As it is it just feels like Disney has decided that they don't value our business as much as they do other peoples'.
I agree....somewhat.I don't think it is random..I called today,and spoke my name when prompted by the" automated CM",and it proceeded to rattle off my address,phone number,and e-mail address correctly.I was calling to see if We had a pin...my wife did,and it was the same as the GP RO discount which had already been offered.We currently have 2 reservations-1 for Dec.with a FD pin(wifes name),and S/P/D for Feb-Mar. with Disney Visa.All that being said,this is the FIRST time we have gotten a FD pin(have had GP FD 4 years in a row 08',09',10',and 11').We are all in Disney's data base,and I honestly believe they give to whom they please.We received the FD pin after cancelling other rack rate ressies...maybe that had something to do with it?:confused3 In any case,if we don't go in Dec.,I am more than likely to cancel the Feb.-Mar.trip if we don't get FD...Pricice is waaay too steep for us!:scared1::scared1::scared1: That being said,we will stay off property,and spend our hard earned cash on much bigger digs,and do a little cooking,lunch bagging,and some off-site restaurants instead,and save $1000 or more.Already know where to stay,where Super Wal-Mart is,and can buy our tickets without a package...done it this way 4 times before FD.So,hang in there,keep on trying;but if you don't want to pay these somewhat"Highway Robbery"prices,plan an off-site stay and save yourself some MAJOR bucks...I know we will!!!;)Disney may,or may not care about having us and our $$$$$"captive"on Disney property.:confused3;)

I was on hold today for almost an hour, got my two rooms at WL 2/20-27 for PHM upgraded from standard to woods view and saved over $900.00 per room.

Woke up this morning to find an e-mail from our TA (which she sent at 6:14 a.m.), saying she had the room-type at CR we wanted on hold, and waiting for me to confirm. Which I did, saving us $1300 plus change!

I just love this about our TA also. As a single, full time working mom...when I got the email from my TA this am about how much we saved, I almost sent her an email back professing my love :rotfl2: What a blessing she has been to me in planning our trip :love:

Believe me - I feel your pain . We always used to get PIN codes . Every month or two . . . Then we moved . . . Not a code since . . . It's weird bc been to WDW twice since moving & have ordered DVDs etc - all the stuff "they" say to do. DH even created a online profile to see if that'd trigger a PIN. Still, NOTHING in PIN codes. I think some ppl think FD is an "offer" for GP this winter but it isn't. Still / we saved almost $800 with SPD so I'm not unhappy. FD would've been better but I'm too happy about this unexpected trip to worry about what could've been... Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards ... 09/2010 CBR Pirate Room ; 11/2012 POR Royal Room ; Early 2014 CS in planning process'

I just quoted the week of President's Day (arriving after PD) and the prices seem astronomical to me with the room only discount! I haven't even researched, but I guess rack rates must be jacked up that week.

I despise how high the rates are that week. :crazy2: But that's the week my mom has off from school, so that's when we'll go. Sigh.

For me, staying off-site just isn't worth the cost savings. Maybe that makes me crazy, and it's definitely to each his own. I ran the math, and S/P/D President's Day Week 2014 is costing $400 more than FD did in December of 2012. The price difference for the flights... make me want to punch someone, LOL.

I despise how high the rates are that week. :crazy2: But that's the week my mom has off from school, so that's when we'll go. Sigh.

For me, staying off-site just isn't worth the cost savings. Maybe that makes me crazy, and it's definitely to each his own. I ran the math, and S/P/D President's Day Week 2014 is costing $400 more than FD did in December of 2012. The price difference for the flights... make me want to punch someone, LOL.
^ What you said exactly!:confused::confused3:sick:

We are thinking February 3-8. Anything special going on during that time? Hoping for really low crowds.

My Dh texted this morning from work and told me he had a Free Dining pin in his email

So excited!! I called them up and switched to free dining and my package went down another $207.00

Excited and had to share as we never get pins :cool1:

Disney Destinations, Vacation@emails.disneyworld.com is the actual address

That was a good question, "who is the email from." I was wondering the same thing! Thanks to those who answered! I'm also wondering if it says pin code in the subject area or savings or what. I'm getting paranoid that maybe I deleted so etching without fulling reading it! My finger gets click happy sometimes!! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter