Fear of Rock N Rollercoaster

What do the loops feel like? I’ve never been on an inversion coaster :)
Wow, it's kind of hard to explain, but I'll try. There are at least 2 inversion loops where you are upside down, But it is quick and it doesn't affect the ride for me at all, and I definitely won't do coasters with inversion loops on them. I hope this helps explain it. I thought I'd be really upset by the upside down loops but I happily wasn't, and I have ridden it again and again.

What do the loops feel like? I’ve never been on an inversion coaster :)
Wow, it's kind of hard to explain, but I'll try. There are at least 2 inversion loops where you are upside down, But it is quick and it doesn't affect the ride for me at all, and I definitely won't do coasters with inversion loops on them. I hope this helps explain it. I thought I'd be really upset by the upside down loops but I happily wasn't, and I have ridden it again and again.

Thank you!

When the ”super stretch limo” gets an opening in traffic, it hits the gas pedal so fast and smooth that it pushes you pack in you seat. Not like the jerkiness of hill-climbing roller coasters, where you feel it catching on each chink in the chain. All forward motion. No sinking gut when you pitch forward from the top of the climb, either.

What gets me is the sudden stop on any fast-moving ride - but I’m usually recovered in the few seconds it takes to get to the disembark area.

And I can’t handle Smuggler’s Run, Star Tours, FOP.

Hope you have a great trip and enjoy the things you decide will make you happy.

I was never a fan of coasters, but my grandson wanted me to ride RnRC with him. Since I didn't like coasters I was definitely not crazy about one with inversions. I didn't mind the fast take off because I had ridden in drag racing cars in the past, but I found that I went through the inversions and was out of them before I even realized that I had done them. Being dark inside hides a lot of things that one might find scary and just lets you have a good time. That to me is RnRC.

I have to agree with a couple of other posters that I think some of your experience on RNR depends on your height - no matter what I did on the ride, my head always got banged around and I would get a headache afterwards. After riding it a few trips, I finally decided it just wasn’t for me and stopped going on it. That being said I tend to have that same problem with most rides that have an over the head restraint - Hulk was a one and done for me for that reason too.

On the other hand, I absolutely love ROTM - it is my favorite ride at Universal, hands down. Because we always stay on site at one of the hotels with EP, I will ride it multiple times in a row because I just love it - the lap restraint is much better for me, love the story line, love the special effects, love the the roller coaster, love the team members at the beginning of the ride who turn their safety check thumbs up into an ominous thumbs down just as your ride vehicle is departing the loading area.

A fear of heights keeps me off most outdoor coasters...that said RnR (and space mounatin) are easy for me. RR is a rush and super smooth. The launch is counted down so you are prepared. For us it is a never miss.

If you can do The Mummy...you can do RnR. I've only done the Mummy once and when I got off I said NEVER AGAIN! I've done RnR dozens of time with no problem.

My head slams on the restraints, too. I have tried different things, but nothing helps. I refuse to ride it anymore. This has to do with height. My husband is tall enough that his head is above the restraint, so he has no problem.

I also had this problem last time I rode it. I was starting to get a headache at the end. I love coasters and going upside down/loops typically does not bother me. I don't plan to ride it anytime soon. DH had no problems and he is taller than. DD is young and shorter than me and was fine with it.

Hi ! So, i’m going to Disney World on July 24th ( it’s July 8th :scared:) and on the first day I’m going to Hollywood Studios! It’s so exciting for me but I am very nervous about Rock N Rollercoaster! I’m a huge wimp when it comes to coasters but always end up enjoying it at the end. I’m a huge ROTM (Revenge Of The Mummy) fan, but that’s the only launch coaster I’ve ever been on but I went on it 3 times! I don’t know if I’m able to handle RNC, especially since I get very anxious in the queues, the only thing i’m nervous about is the launch and flips , any tips for new time riders?:confused:
Just hold on tight.731588680_HIGH(1).jpg

Hi ! So, i’m going to Disney World on July 24th ( it’s July 8th :scared:) and on the first day I’m going to Hollywood Studios! It’s so exciting for me but I am very nervous about Rock N Rollercoaster! I’m a huge wimp when it comes to coasters but always end up enjoying it at the end. I’m a huge ROTM (Revenge Of The Mummy) fan, but that’s the only launch coaster I’ve ever been on but I went on it 3 times! I don’t know if I’m able to handle RNC, especially since I get very anxious in the queues, the only thing i’m nervous about is the launch and flips , any tips for new time riders?:confused:
I hate the Rock n Rollercoaster. I only went on because my daughter and husband wanted me to. I’m glad I still have a little one so I have an excuse to not ride. 😂

When my LO is big enough to ride, I’ll ride again, because I don’t want to stand around waiting while everyone else is on a ride.

Rock N Roller Coaster does not have the scary build up that most coasters do. The ride is pretty smooth, the restraints will make you feel more secure, and there aren't any crazy elements you see on some modern coasters.

It took me several tries until I could handle the launch, so don't give up on the ride if you are scared the first time or 2!! I'm not a coaster fan, but I'm trying really hard to like them for the sake of my kids/family. The rest of the ride is really fun! Everyone is right that it's so smooth that it's hard to know if we're upside down or right-side up, lol. For me, I just need to remind myself to stay calm for the launch because I know I'll like the rest of the ride. Also, the pic is taken during the launch and I was sick of everyone making fun of my terrified scream :laughing: (the masks helped in that regard!).

I have major anxiety riding things even ones I’ve been on multiple times…just something about watching while waiting in lines freaks me out. I don’t do major coasters at Cedar Point or Busch Gardens, etc but I don’t mind RnRc. I agree with other posters the first few times I didn’t realize it went upside down and that the launch is the worst part. I find it much more enjoyable than space mtn. And it is super short…I tell myself that it will be over in 90 seconds or whatever and that I will start counting down when it starts…kind of my calming mechanism…and usually after the launch I don’t even continue counting and enjoy the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter