Favorite Less Popular Attractions!

Mine is the Gran Fiesta Tour. We love to pop in and get out of the heat for a bit and there is never really a wait.
I second this. It’s nice to take a break in here, get right on the ride without a wait, and do a little window shopping.

We go annually and don't do any of the mountains or major thrill rides (other than TT, SDMT, and SD). The more chill rides are my faves like The Land in Epcot, COP in MK, KS in AK, and just recently tried and enjoyed the Frozen Singalong in HS. Also love ST and Muppet Vision in HS.

Sometimes I will go to MK and only ride attractions that opened in the 70’s. The only thrill ride prior to 1980 was Space Mountain, which I don’t go on. Otherwise, the attractions are either family attractions, like the Peoplemover, Peter Pan, HM, riverboat, Small World, etc., or the shows, like COP, Tiki Birds, Country Bears, etc. It can really make the day feel nostalgic and fun.

OP: Some of the attractions that have been listed can sometimes have extremely long lines. It all depends on what day and what time of day you're there.

For example: Pooh can have 40- or 50-minute waits. HM sometimes has hour-long waits. Even Living with the Land sometimes has 40-minute waits. I had to skip the Gran Fiesta Tour in the Mexico pavilion a few trips ago because the line was snaking out into the main plaza area. I had never seen that before. And Little Mermaid at MK often has a terrifically long line. I waited nearly an hour for this in July, but so much of the queue is indoors and in a/c that I didn't mind!

Attractions with little-to-no wait times:
(1) Philharmagic (the only reason one waits there is because you've just missed the previous show, so maybe 12 or 15 minutes, at most, and it's indoors and you can sit down).

(2) Carousel of Progress--but, warning, if you've never done this, it's horribly dated.

(3) Country Bears--only a wait if you just missed the current show and even then, only about 15 minutes.

(4) WDW Railroad. Never much of a wait there. Ditto Tiki Birds.

(5) The walking trails at DAK--all worth doing--as well as Rafiki's Planet Watch. You might have to wait 10 minutes if you just missed the train. The safari (mentioned by someone upthread) can have hour-plus-long wait lines. Well worth it, but I believe OP asked for short waits and/or non-LL rides.

(6) Some of the movies at Epcot have minimal wait times.

(7) Star Tours, although I wouldn't recommend this ride to anyone. And also at DHS, Muppets Movie, which I despise.

(8) Mickey and Minnie's Perfect Vacation--it's a movie, and the location's in a somewhat tucked-away spot at DHS. Look for it. It's an adorable movie and there's never a wait.

Anyone fond of scavenger hunts must not miss MK's A Pirate's Adventures. It's great fun.

You pick up a treasure map in the little building between POTC and Pecos Bill's. As you decipher its visual cues and locate the illustrated symbol in the surrounding area, you touch your MB to the symbol's sensor on an object to see/hear effects. Some of those are a bit spectacular as befits Disney creativity.

Some symbols are located in shops or beside attractions, others outdoors.

There are a series of treasure maps, so you can spend hours having fun if you like. If you do all the maps, you'll get a little prize.

We think this one more fun than Kim Possible ever was.
This sounds like something my child would love! Do you have to have a MB to participate, or can you just use MDE app on your phone to play? We dont typically get MBs.

We travel to WDW frequently (maybe 3-4 trips a year) with 2 girls under 10. I have always happily purchased Genie+ in the past. However, for a day or two this coming trip, I'm considering not buying it. We love how convenient it is, but I do feel like we are always rushing to make the next return time and we miss out on a lot of the littler details. For example, we haven't done Tom Sawyer Island in years, I'm sure there's plenty of shows we missed and we could probably easily spend a whole day just walking around Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival. What are your favorite things to do that may not have a lightning lane entrance? Thanks!
Pixar Shorts at EPCOT. Very cute and great use of 3D.

Maybe it was because our expectations were so low, but we were incredibly surprised by how much we enjoyed Feathered Friends in Flight at AK! It became one of our highlights of the day 😂 Those birds are very talented. We also love the Tiki Room for just how bizarre it is.
I just hate when that song gets stuck in my brain. 🎶 in the tiki, tiki, tiki room….

I expected to have company that enjoys Carousel of Progress, but I expected to be alone in my enjoyment of the Enchanted Tiki Room. Glad there are others who like it.
And in Epcot I usually see the movie in China because DH spent a lot of time there on business. And I also never skip Living with the Land, mostly because it was my Dad's favorite ride.

My husbands Favorite Less Popular attractions are The WDW Railroad (ride it for the full circuit) and the People Mover. Mine are Journey Into Imagination (big Figment fan) and Living with the Land.

This thread reminds me of one of the more memorable David Letterman Top Ten Lists, circa 1988:

Top 10 Least Popular Attractions at Disney World

10. The Raw Sewage Flume
9. Oprah Mountain
8. Moses Malone's Enchanted Laundry Hamper
7. Parade of Short Actors in Stifling Animal Suits
6. Pegleg Pete's Prison Shower Room
5. Muggyland
4. Hall of Vice Presidents
3. Walt's Walk-in Freezer and Crypt
2. Turn the Hose on Lady and the Tramp
1. Peter Pan's All-male Cinema

This thread reminds me of one of the more memorable David Letterman Top Ten Lists, circa 1988:

Top 10 Least Popular Attractions at Disney World

10. The Raw Sewage Flume
9. Oprah Mountain
8. Moses Malone's Enchanted Laundry Hamper
7. Parade of Short Actors in Stifling Animal Suits
6. Pegleg Pete's Prison Shower Room
5. Muggyland
4. Hall of Vice Presidents
3. Walt's Walk-in Freezer and Crypt
2. Turn the Hose on Lady and the Tramp
1. Peter Pan's All-male Cinema
Inspired! Loved Letterman!

My daughter is really into the presidents lately, so i'm anxious to take her to the Hall of Presidents this time. We didn't go last time because I thought they would be bored haha.

One of our must-do every single time in MK is to get a dole whip and take it into Tiki Room to enjoy since we almost always walk right on in or just a few minute wait. It's perfection.

My favorite wdw ride is people mover! I love philharmagic. Living with the land. Turtle talk with crush. Gran Fiesta.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter