FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this question has already been answered. Do you have to use all your 3 Fastpasses before you are able to book more, or can you use one and start looking on the app for another?

Thanks.

Sorry if this question has already been answered. Do you have to use all your 3 Fastpasses before you are able to book more, or can you use one and start looking on the app for another?
That's answered in Post #7 (Additional / Day-Of FastPasses / Kiosk Locations) one Page 1.

Thanks.
You can pre-book 1, 2, or 3 FPs for a park.

If you are in a Tiered park (AK DHS Epcot), you need to use your initial 3 before you can try for another Tier 1 ride.

Example: If you pre-book FoP, you must use 2 Tier 2s before you can try for a 2nd FoP or a Na'vi River FP.

Booked my FastPasses this morning and there was nothing for FOP for my entire week. Should I bother checking daily, how likely is it that one will open up??

I have multiple tickets on my MDE account. The set I am planning to use are only 5 days. We will be in the parks 8 days. Since these were not purchased from Disney direct, I was planning to add the additional 3 days once we were at Disney. I went ahead and made FP+ for all 8 days since I have more than enough ticket days to cover the entire stay, but was planning to move the additional tickets I won't be using to a "ticket holder" profile on my MDE once I add the additional days so I don't have to worry about prioritizing or the wrong ticket being used. With the new FP+ rules, will this be a problem? I'm thinking of the rule that the FP+ must be made with the ticket that will be used to enter the park. Will they consider it okay since I will be using a ticket that was in my MDE when the FP+ were made?

No. When you are in the park, you'll be using FPs that link to a Profile where a linked ticket has been used for park entry.
Awesome! That's what I thought, and I hadn't even given it a second thought until yesterday when I was reading the rule. Then I started second guessing myself because it seemed specific about making FP+ with the tickets you would be using to enter. Thanks for confirming!

Awesome! That's what I thought, and I hadn't even given it a second thought until yesterday when I was reading the rule. Then I started second guessing myself because it seemed specific about making FP+ with the tickets you would be using to enter. Thanks for confirming!
You're welcome and disregard anyone who misinterprets the use of FPs. :)

What happens if we completely skip a ride we have FP for? Will it just be considered a used FP after the window has passed or will it stay on our MDE to be rescheduled? We want to use 3 so we can go for a 4th but not sure we will be able to get to our first FP in time.

It will show you that there's an overlap of activities, but will not prohibit you from booking.

Trying to work my way through 130 pages of the thread, but since I saw this exchange, I decided to ask my question...

MDX knows about my ADR and will try to warn me of overlap. What about other scheduling that MDX knows about? I have a CP and a Fantasmic! Dinner Package. Does it warn me about FP times that conflict with CP and Fantasmic! show times?

There is also the ability to define an "itinerary" to register interest in other entertainment and activities. Does MDX warn you of conflicts with entertainment and activities I have registered via MDX?

What happens if we completely skip a ride we have FP for? Will it just be considered a used FP after the window has passed or will it stay on our MDE to be rescheduled? We want to use 3 so we can go for a 4th but not sure we will be able to get to our first FP in time.
It will expire which is considered as being "used." You can always Cancel or Modify it for a different FP if you aren't trying for a 2nd Tier 1 in a tiered park.

Trying to work my way through 130 pages of the thread, but since I saw this exchange, I decided to ask my question...

MDX knows about my ADR and will try to warn me of overlap. What about other scheduling that MDX knows about? I have a CP and a Fantasmic! Dinner Package. Does it warn me about FP times that conflict with CP and Fantasmic! show times?

There is also the ability to define an "itinerary" to register interest in other entertainment and activities. Does MDX warn you of conflicts with entertainment and activities I have registered via MDX?
~ You don't need to read all the pages because @mesaboy2 keeps the primary posts up to date.

~ Warnings are for other booked FPs and scheduled Dining Reservations. MDE does not notify or warn of show times.

~ most people with complex plans resort to spreadsheets to keep all their park plans in one place. Another option is to check out Touring Plans which has a free option.

~ You don't need to read all the pages because @mesaboy2 keeps the primary posts up to date.

~ Warnings are for other booked FPs and scheduled Dining Reservations. MDE does not notify or warn of show times.

~ most people with complex plans resort to spreadsheets to keep all their park plans in one place. Another option is to check out Touring Plans which has a free option.

Thanks! I agree that @mesaboy2 has done a great job keeping the top post very well updated. So thanks to you for your rapid response and to @mesaboy2 for taking the time to update the top post.

Another question. I read Kenny the Pirates walkthrough, mentioned below (which I agree is excellent! ;)), and it didn't really tell me why I'd want to use one method or another. My impression is that signing up for the most popular FastPasses is the digital version of the rope drop rush to those same rides.

I'll definitely be using the MDX app in the park to manage FP+ and get wait times. But what do people use to get their FoP and 7DMT right when their FP+ window opens, the MDX app or website?

Thanks for the spreadsheet tip. I'm a big Microsoft proponent of OneNote.

The nice thing about ON is that it aggregates information from a variety of sources (web, email, photos and scans) and syncs in the cloud. My kids and I are working on what I like to think of as a personalized WDW Guidebook that has information we care about.
Using MDX To Schedule FastPasses

Rather than attempt to write something here myself, I will refer to Kenny the Pirate's excellent walkthrough here: Changes Made To FastPass Booking System At Walt Disney World. It includes a breakdown of the new process both via the MDX website and the mobile app. Thank you KtP!

The MDX website and mobile app have similar capabilities, but differ in subtle ways. If one is not working for what you want to do, try using the other. Each has its strengths and weaknesses.

@b52hbuff ~ OneNote looks like a perfect way to plan the details of a trip. :)

But what do people use to get their FoP and 7DMT right when their FP+ window opens, the MDX app or website?
I use the app and last week was successful in booking FoP at exactly 4:00a PT.

I think what is more important is to plan on AK as one of your final park days. You should be able to see more FoP availability and as soon as you choose a time and confirm, begin the process of booking for 7DMT.

If you are park hopping, be sure to read the FP FAQ Addendum:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...al-tier-1-booking-fps-for-long-stays.3538258/

The Addendum tips refine how to use MDE to your advantage when park hopping and when trying for more than one Tier 1.

My FP date is coming up soon and I would like opinions on what device I should be on. Lately, MDE has been a bit glitchy on my iPad, but fine on my phone. On our last trip, 3 years ago, I think I used the website on my desktop. Since then I have become more comfortable with the app on my phone, so I am leaning towards that. In terms of how quickly you can access FP, is there a difference? Opinions welcome! TIA

Thanks, all. I've already signed up on that website and even paid the fee so I can do the custom plans and have them request my room for me. I was just trying to figure out if it was best to do the touring plan first and get FP based on it as close to the times it suggests or just get FP for the hardest to get attractions that we want to see and then force the touring plan to plan around those times. I have a friend who has done the KTTW planning before and she said she likes to make the plan first and see what it suggests. So, I have a little homework for the next couple of nights if I do that.
I'm a little behind on this thread and I just read this, so you may have already booked, but, in answer, I make my touring plans first, then I schedule the FPs based on how the FP rides fit into my plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter