Fan Club Card

When I made the reservation I asked about the Entertainment Rate, but I was told that the rooms were sold out for that rate. She gave me the Generation G ? rate, but I can't help but wonder if a Fan Club Card rate would be better. I think I'll call and enquire about it. Thanks!

Bonnie

Hi Bonny,

I do not know of the "G" rate, but the discount rates I know of are: BTW these were the prices I was quoted 5 months ago for the week we just got back from. Rates have gone up a little. The first rate is for a 1 BR Garden View RP. The second rate is for a concieerge room. US$, plus 11% room tax.

AAA ($159.00,$249.00),
Fan Club ($159.00,$259.00),
Annual Pass Rate ($149.00,$209- The full $169us AP with no blackout dates),
Passbook ($109, Not Available).

I would call them at 800-232-7827 option #2 and ask the various rates for when you wish to go.....
:bounce:

Hi everyone,
I have 3 rms booked for January at the HRH. I was told I need 3 cards to receive the disc. on the rooms (no other disc. was avial for my dates). 2 questions......1) Do I need 3 cards, and 2) can anyone help me get them?
Thanks Laura

It is only one room per card. Not sure where to get them other than what I have read so far in the posts.

To the Canadian who booked Generation G at the RPR:

Generation G is $149/nt US tax inclusive. It is not normally offered unless you really are a Grandparent with Grandkids. (Hence Generation G(randparent)). Fan club rates on Standard rooms are $139/nt pls tax US (11% tax) and Water view rooms are $159/nt pls tax. I think you got the better deal. Do not forget to request the amenities at check in. These include: Prepaid Phonecard, a box of popcorn and one in-room movie, a disposable camera and "memory album", and a shopping bag to carry purchases.

Thanks for the info. The woman was very helpful on the telephone and gave me the Generation G rate even though we're not the grandparents. We are going March 2003 and the rate I was given was $199/night. Trying to make sure I'm getting the best deal. Thanks again!

Answers to Fan Club Questions.......

What is the Fan Club?
The Universal Studios Fan Club is offered to business which meet their enrollment criteria. Once a corporation is enrolled, the employer can pass on this benefit in the form of a discount card to their employees. It is very similar to the old Magic Kingdom Club.

How do you join?
By asking your HR department, your travel agent, your bank...

Is there a cost to join?
Fan Club cards are FREE

What are the benefits of being a Fan Club Member?
The basics are: discounted tickets, discounted resort rates, and 10% off meals and merchandise

You can get more info here:
http://198.12.17.76/fanclub/memberorlando.asp

Hi,

I sent you an email.

Tamika

1-11-03

TinkerBarb,

I just got the fan club card..thanks
and that request you made no problem!!!!!!

Tamika:D :D

Has the Fan Club card changed? Is it just the appearance or also the benefits?

Thanks in advance!:)

"Old" cards are still being honored, but I am seeing a trend on the web site that requires the "new" barcode to order tickets on line. The discounts at the parks and ticket discounts at the gate are the same and will be honored with cards without barcodes.

Does anyone have an extra of the "new" card. I've got the old one but I'd like to buy our passes for our trip this year via the website and I don't work anymore; I'm a "stay at home mom" now...

Or does anyone know where I can get one? Are they still only through work?

Thanks in advance!:)

Hi tinkerbarb , I just sent you a pm. Thanks so much. Denise

What types of discounts can you get with a Fan Club card besides on the passes? We'll be spending a lot of our vacation time at Universal/IOA so is it worth it to try and get a card to use at the parks?

Originally posted by lejaf
What types of discounts can you get with a Fan Club card besides on the passes? We'll be spending a lot of our vacation time at Universal/IOA so is it worth it to try and get a card to use at the parks?

I mainly use it for the room discount but sometimes I use it for passes and for Universal store discount of 10% (minimum $10 purchase).

There are also restaurant discounts but I haven't used them yet.

I have used the restaraunt discounts on Citiwalk, but I had to show them that the restaraunt was printed on a flyer or the card jacket to get it.

Since the card is free (thanks to TinkerBarb) it is definately worth it. Additionally, the Annual Pass rate was a little cheaper than the Fan Club. Also, the rate was the same as with AAA. The Passbook rate was significantly lower than the Fan Club Card Rate.

Just MH previous trip.

:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter