Fabulous Friends, Fashion, Food and Firsts! 8/20/2021 COMPLETE!!!!

Joe and I really had a taste for the Bao Buns and knew this would probably be our last opportunity to get them
I tried to get Casey to order these so I could try them at the Wave but she ordered something else that escapes me now. So sad we didn't get to try these.

I know it's still serving breakfast upstairs at Cali Grill but I'm very disappointed Disney made the decision to close and replace it...
I'm always open to something new but if the restaurant looks or feels anything like those revamped rooms no thank ya

I thought this was a great idea too until it took us almost an hour to get there. The monorail was experiencing MAJOR technical difficulties, from no power or air t
Yikes!!!!!! We've only ever had that happen once but that was enough. The monorail heights never bothered me until I had to contemplate how they would get me out of there

TOPOLINO'S DINNER at RIVIERA RESORT / WALT DISNEY WORLD / June 2021
❤❤❤ Just watched this and it brought back so many wonderful memories. Will have to show Casey tomorrow as she is currently in the bath but will love the shout out. But you all so could have filmed more. Casey would have eaten that up. Her Mama not so much but she never met a camera or mirror she didn't love

I tried to get Casey to order these so I could try them at the Wave but she ordered something else that escapes me now. So sad we didn't get to try these.
These are amazing and will be missed.

I'm always open to something new but if the restaurant looks or feels anything like those revamped rooms no thank ya
Lord, not every resort has to be themed to a character or a movie. I too am not a fan. I wish they would just keep the retro 70's feel without the Incredibles. This is why we are sister wives. 😁

❤❤❤ Just watched this and it brought back so many wonderful memories. Will have to show Casey tomorrow as she is currently in the bath but will love the shout out. But you all so could have filmed more. Casey would have eaten that up. Her Mama not so much but she never met a camera or mirror she didn't love
Your daughter is AMAZING and the best-behaved child I have ever met. We wanted to focus our time on our friends and not the channel. You all are far more important!!!! Love and miss you!

I would have panicked if we were at Toppolinis and the Skyliner had stopped running. We would have depended on it for transportation.
Your young dining companion has incredible patience. It sounds like you had a great time.
You can always Uber, lol.
Casey is amazing!!!!!

What a mixed bag for your night. Dinner sounded good and so did your visit to The Enchanted Rose but not your monorail ride. Danielle's roommate works the monorail so I'm sure she has seen it all.

We packed up, showered, and loaded up the car. It had been a wonderful stay at OKW and I hope to visit this beautiful resort again. But wait, we had a few more things to get done before leaving Disney World. Our last stop of the trip was to Disney Springs. We had a lunch reservation at WBG. But first, we added our name to the virtual queue at Gideon's. We were told it would be about a 45-minute wait. We only waited for about 30. While waiting, we popped over to Joffrey's and tried the Shakin Jamaican. This was sooooo good. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it if you are an iced-coffee lover.

I had no idea how big the cookies were at Gideon's. They are sooooooo much bigger than any of the vlogs you've seen. We bought 4 to take home and literally munched on them for a month (pro tip, keep them in the fridge). Our favorite was the dark chocolate/pistachio.

Wine Bar George was the perfect meal to end our trip with. Joe and I always enjoy it and this time wouldn't be any different. We started with cocktails. Joe had the Wake Up Call, Espresso-infused Barsol Pisco, Caffe Borghetti Espresso Liqueur. I had the Frozcato - Dole Whip Mimosa made with Dole Whip pineapple Moscato, pineapple, and Prosecco. We have had both of these several times and really enjoy them. For our meal, we shared the Crispy Mac & Cheese Bites, tomato nage / pecorino, and the Chicken Salad Sandwich, roasted tomatoes/ brioche/ house-made chips. OMG! This sandwich was so good, very big and very filling. It was a good call to share it.

It was now time to leave. I believe our flight was delayed. We've had the worst luck with SW since Covid. Oh, we also ended up getting on the wrong faux-rail (not paying attention) and had to go back through security. This was SUPER annoying. Also, the second time around, my Gideon's cookies were flagged by TSA and the security guy opened and touched each individual cookie (he was wearing gloves but it was still disgusting).

Thank you so much for following along. I really enjoy your comments and chatting with all of you. We have several more trips booked and just completed another one. Follow me on my latest TR, link provided below...

I will also add a few more vlogs at the end for anyone who is interested. 😁 :cool1: 😁 :cool1:

A Beachy, Boozy Birthday in Disney 8/16/2021 Stormalong Bay, Hurricane Hannah's, Boardwalk Joe's and a Birthday Bouquet!!!

Trying the Shakin' Jamaican at Joffrey's in Disney Springs!

We Finally Try Gideon's Bakehouse Cookies in Disney Springs!!

Another great trip. Thank you for sharing.

I just wanted you to know I've gotten on the wrong faux monorail before too. I didn't have the go through security, but it was embarrassing to have to ride it back to the end of security and get on the correct one. I have no sense of direction.

We packed up, showered, and loaded up the car. It had been a wonderful stay at OKW and I hope to visit this beautiful resort again. But wait, we had a few more things to get done before leaving Disney World. Our last stop of the trip was to Disney Springs. We had a lunch reservation at WBG. But first, we added our name to the virtual queue at Gideon's. We were told it would be about a 45-minute wait. We only waited for about 30. While waiting, we popped over to Joffrey's and tried the Shakin Jamaican. This was sooooo good. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it if you are an iced-coffee lover.
I actually changed my March reservation to OKW after hearing your positive review. Now trying to figure out where to add on a 2 night cash stay at he beginning of the trip. Decisions, decisions......

Oh, we also ended up getting on the wrong faux-rail (not paying attention) and had to go back through security.
We did that once and discovered that the other one had much better restaurants than the SWA one.
Also, the second time around, my Gideon's cookies were flagged by TSA and the security guy opened and touched each individual cookie (he was wearing gloves but it was still disgusting)
That is disgusting, especially since that gloved hand touched a million things - okay, not a million, but a bunch. :)

Another great trip. Thank you for sharing.

I just wanted you to know I've gotten on the wrong faux monorail before too. I didn't have the go through security, but it was embarrassing to have to ride it back to the end of security and get on the correct one. I have no sense of direction.
Thank you for commenting and staying interested. 😁
Security was standing there and made us go back through security. It sucked. TSA was really rude about it too.

I actually changed my March reservation to OKW after hearing your positive review. Now trying to figure out where to add on a 2 night cash stay at he beginning of the trip. Decisions, decisions......
That's so awesome!!! We stayed there twice this year and really fell in love with it.
I woul;d recommend Pop for the first 2 nights.

That is disgusting, especially since that gloved hand touched a million things - okay, not a million, but a bunch. :)
We were totally disgusted. The other thing I didn't mention was that when my box of cookies went through the scanner, 2 TSA guys were joking about how they should take them away on purpose. Jerks!!!!

Your daughter is AMAZING and the best-behaved child I have ever met. We wanted to focus our time on our friends and not the channel. You all are far more important!!!! Love and miss you!
❤ ❤ ❤ Showed her the video tonight and she loved the shoutout. She also wanted to make sure you knew she is available for your videos in December :D

I had no idea how big the cookies were at Gideon's. They are sooooooo much bigger than any of the vlogs you've seen. We bought 4 to take home and literally munched on them for a month (pro tip, keep them in the fridge). Our favorite was the dark chocolate/pistachio.
They are huge though I'm gonna admit I think we ate ours in like 3 days :scared1: The coffee cake was my favorite but the pistachio was a close favorite. I'll eat dough over the cookie any day of the week so Gideons was like the best of both words

Wine Bar George was the perfect meal to end our trip with.
It is such a great time. I'm sad we skipped it in June. We were supposed to head back this weekend and had brunch planned there but decided to cancel 😭 Between my Dad and covid just wasn't in our cards but hoping we can maybe get back next month

❤ ❤ ❤ Showed her the video tonight and she loved the shoutout. She also wanted to make sure you knew she is available for your videos in December :D
Tell Casey 100% she can be in our vlogs in December as I'm sure we will all book a dinner together (Ariane can be in charge, lol).

They are huge though I'm gonna admit I think we ate ours in like 3 days :scared1: The coffee cake was my favorite but the pistachio was a close favorite. I'll eat dough over the cookie any day of the week so Gideons was like the best of both words
We loved the coffee cake one too. If you like coffee, you need to try the peanut butter cold brew. It was the best!!!!!

It is such a great time. I'm sad we skipped it in June. We were supposed to head back this weekend and had brunch planned there but decided to cancel 😭 Between my Dad and covid just wasn't in our cards but hoping we can maybe get back next month
You'll get back. It's not like it's going anywhere. Miss you my friend.

What a great last night to your trip! Nothing better than dinner with friends and Casey sounds like a wee champ for lasting the distance so kudos to her as well. Airports in general are getting to be more of a pain each time I travel through one though I will fully admit that it has now been so friggin long I may actually kiss the ground when I actually get to step inside one again :scared1: :rotfl:
WBG sounds so appealing to me I actually plan fantasy meals there in my head! I really need to get out more (blimin covid) lol
Looking forward to following along on all your trips and catching up on your vlogs. Funny how life /work gets in the way of that but roll on Sunday when I carve out some me time.. Cheerio for now :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter