Fabulous Friends, Fashion, Food and Firsts! 8/20/2021 COMPLETE!!!!

Anyway, there's no time to be sad about being back home BECAUSE Joe and I will be back in Disney in 11 days!!!! Yep, we are meeting the besties again @CruellaNY and her other half, Steve. Again, it will be a real quick trip, 2 nights at my beautiful Wilderness Lodge. We will also be spending time with the famous @pepperandchips. I am super excited about this trip because we haven't stayed at the WL since the Epic Girl's Trip of 2019 and it's my favorite Disney resort of all time!!!! Again, no parks this time. We just plan on eating, drinking, hanging with our friends, and relaxing by the pool.

Sounds like a perfectly wonderful time!
It pains me to say this because this was one reservation we were really excited about. I'm sad to say Cape May Cafe was awful.

I've never once read a great review of this place. Probably why I still haven't tried it. Blech!

I highly recommend the Grand Floridian Cafe, Ale and Compass, and Olivia's.

I have 2 of those booked for my 50th Anniversary trip and can't wait! :)
As we were enjoying our snack, a HUGE, I mean HUGE cockroach started scurrying towards our table (and my feet).

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:
I also want to mention that our bestie @CruellaNY had surprised us with the coolest activity EVER!!! She had arranged for us to do a Scavenger Hunt in Epcot. We will be uploading an entire YouTube video all about it. We did that this day as well. and it was so much fun!!!! I didn't include anything about it here because it deserves a full vlog showcasing it.
How fun!!! I can't WAIT to see the Vlog on this one! I've been wanting to do that because it's a lot of work to keep making my own! LOL!

Sounds like a perfectly wonderful time!
It was, thank you.

I've never once read a great review of this place. Probably why I still haven't tried it. Blech!
Liesa, it was so gross and disappointing.

I have 2 of those booked for my 50th Anniversary trip and can't wait! :)
You will have 2 great meals!!!!

How fun!!! I can't WAIT to see the Vlog on this one! I've been wanting to do that because it's a lot of work to keep making my own! LOL!
We had so much fun. It didn't even feel like we were working. We learned a lot of fun facts about Epcot. I would love to do it again with a group.

Ok, have to ask, what is this?
It's like a potato.

I love that Narcoossee's is consistently good for us and you guys!

We had breakfast at Cape May in....April? When it first reopened. June? I don't remember lol but it had been open about a week at most. The food was ok; nothing special but not bad. Our server was sweet but not really on top of things, she'd been working at Cape May for about 30 years but said it was hard to get used to actually serving people rather than being a buffet. Regardless it wasn't good enough for us to go back as it is now, and that stinks because we did the character breakfast there in 2019 and it was actually one of the better ones.

I love that Narcoossee's is consistently good for us and you guys!
Me too! Service and food have been very consistently good.

We had breakfast at Cape May in....April? When it first reopened. June? I don't remember lol but it had been open about a week at most. The food was ok; nothing special but not bad. Our server was sweet but not really on top of things, she'd been working at Cape May for about 30 years but said it was hard to get used to actually serving people rather than being a buffet. Regardless it wasn't good enough for us to go back as it is now, and that stinks because we did the character breakfast there in 2019 and it was actually one of the better ones.
I remember you telling me.
IMO, Ale and Compass, GFC, and Olivia's have been the hot spots this past year for breakfast.
See you in 3 days!!!!!!!! ❤ 😘😘

Today, we started with breakfast at Olivia's. Our son, Timmy, who now works for Disney had the day off, so he joined us as well. I didn't get any food pics this time because as you all know, this is a place we frequent a lot. I will say that the food and service were just as good as always. Also, happy to say we will be having breakfast here again on Wednesday. Yay!

Next up, Joe and I decided to pop into the Wilderness Lodge and grab a drink at Geyser Point. And guess what?!?! We ran into some old friends!!! Along with our drinks, Joe and I shared the Cheesy Barbecue Brisket, with house-made chips. This has become a staple for me and it tasted so delicious. Joe enjoyed it too. If you have not tried this yet, you must next time you find yourself at GP,

Next up, Joe and I place a mobile order, take a ride on a broken down monorail, and have drinks at Enchanted Rose...

We hadn't seen each other since the Epic Trip because of stupid Covid and I had missed her so very much.
Missed (and miss) you guys too. So glad we got to spend so much time with you all in such an amazing restaurant.

I'm sad to say Cape May Cafe was awful. Not only that, but we walked by during dinner last week and the entire area around the restaurant smelled like rotten fish. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating about it being the "worst" but it was just blah and there was nothing special about it
Ugh. The one time we stayed at Beach Club our room was right above Cape May and it wreaked of seafood gone bad. Never had much of an interest in eating here but after smelling that no chance I could get anywhere near it

BUT, I have only seen 1 in Disney in the 49 years I have been going and this one was HUGE!!!! Did I say that already??? It was HUGE!!!
Oh my goodness I would have full on panicked too. That is nasty. We saw a mouse once in Epcot but never a cockroach. Though for a free shot I would have gotten over it real quick too

This was very good, but a bit on the skimpy side. For our entrees, I ordered the Pan-seared Georges Bank Day Boat Scallops, Parisian-style Gnocchi, Peas, Ham, Truffled Meyer Lemon Cream.
Too funny we ended up here a day or 2 after you and we ordered the exact same things as you and Joe. This is one of my favorite Disney dishes of all time.

Also, happy to say we will be having breakfast here again on Wednesday. Yay!
Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!!! Can't wait to hear all about Citricos

I watched your Citricos video today. 😍 I think I am going to get the same fish as you. This is one of the meals I am most excited by.

Missed (and miss) you guys too. So glad we got to spend so much time with you all in such an amazing restaurant.
It was wonderful seeing you, Jason, and Casey. Joe and I really enjoyed our evening together. Can't wait to see you in December!!!!

Ugh. The one time we stayed at Beach Club our room was right above Cape May and it wreaked of seafood gone bad. Never had much of an interest in eating here but after smelling that no chance I could get anywhere near it
I was literally gaggoing. Ask Joe. I thought I might vomit.

Oh my goodness I would have full on panicked too. That is nasty. We saw a mouse once in Epcot but never a cockroach. Though for a free shot I would have gotten over it real quick too
It was worth the shot, lol.

Too funny we ended up here a day or 2 after you and we ordered the exact same things as you and Joe. This is one of my favorite Disney dishes of all time.
Narcoossees is always so good!!!

Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!!! Can't wait to hear all about Citricos
LOL! I think we're starting and ending at GP. YIKES! I hope drunk Jenny can behave...

I watched your Citricos video today. 😍 I think I am going to get the same fish as you. This is one of the meals I am most excited by.
You won't be disappointed. The food and service were phenomenal. We're going back Wednesday. :cool1:

More good food and drinks. I really think I would have liked the Fireball lemonade slushy. It just sounds so refreshing. Very cool that you met Nat. I got excited when I spotted my daughter in his video from he opening day of Food and Wine. He just seems so nice and bubbly. Spending time with your son is the best.

That must have been nice to see Timmy on that trip. :) I bet he is kept busy at his job.

Joe and I decided to pop into the Wilderness Lodge and grab a drink at Geyser Point. And guess what?!?! We ran into some old friends!!!
Those are really cute pictures of you with Goofy and Pluto. It looks like they posed for you. :)

GP looks like the perfect spot for some drinks and snacks. Those chips and brisket look tasty. Love all the character photos and it's so nice you got to meet up with Timmy. I hope he's settling in and enjoying life. He certainly looks very happy to see you both :goodvibes

Those grits look phenomenal. Going on my list, which is getting very long.
They are one of Joe's favorite meals at WDW.

Agreed that the cheese and meat plate is VERY skimpy...but the scallops and the salmon both look FABULOUS! Yum!
The scallops and salmon were perfectly prepared.
I really wanted more cheese and was very disappointed in the size.

More good food and drinks. I really think I would have liked the Fireball lemonade slushy. It just sounds so refreshing. Very cool that you met Nat. I got excited when I spotted my daughter in his video from he opening day of Food and Wine. He just seems so nice and bubbly. Spending time with your son is the best.
Joe saw him again Wednesday night when he was shooting b roll at the WL.

GP looks like the perfect spot for some drinks and snacks. Those chips and brisket look tasty. Love all the character photos and it's so nice you got to meet up with Timmy. I hope he's settling in and enjoying life. He certainly looks very happy to see you both :goodvibes
GP has definitely become a favorite spot to hang.

We originally had dinner reservations this night but we weren't feeling wherever I had booked us. So, we decided to place a mobile order at the Wave. Joe and I really had a taste for the Bao Buns and knew this would probably be our last opportunity to get them (as the Wave is now closed to make way for a steak house). So, we placed our order, picked them up and sat in the bar, and devoured them. They were sooooooo good. They will be missed a lot, as will the Wave!!! I know it's still serving breakfast upstairs at Cali Grill but I'm very disappointed Disney made the decision to close and replace it...

After dinner, Joe had the idea to monorail it over to the Grand Flo to have a cocktail at the Enchanted Rose. I thought this was a great idea too until it took us almost an hour to get there. The monorail was experiencing MAJOR technical difficulties, from no power or air to just a plain, old rickety ride where we chugged along at a super slow pace.

Finally! We made it over to the GF and were seated in the back corner of the garden section. I have no idea what we ordered but both drinks went done smoothly. We sat and chatted and watched the huge rainstorm that came in. After drinks, we monorail it back to the Contemporary, walked around a bit, and drove back to OKW. We had to pack up and get organized as the next day would be our last.

Next up, we make it over to Gideon's with a zero wait and finish off the trip at our favorite Disney restaurant...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter