Fabulous Friends, Fashion, Food and Firsts! 8/20/2021 COMPLETE!!!!

I'm trying Topolino's for the first time Labor Day weekend. We're having breakfast there. I'm really looking forward to it after all you wonderful reviews.
We love it for dinner and breakfast. All the meals were fantastic. I hope you like it and have a wonderful time!!!

OMG that burrata at Topolino's looks delicious! That's a definite for me when we go in 10 days!!
It was AMAZING!!!!!!! We are crashing your dinner that night, lol!

Looks like a wonderful evening with friends! The food and drinks look delicious
Everything was so good!!!

Earl Grey is my favorite tea when in Canada, but we're mostly coffee drinkers. We have a coffee shop at home that bakes their own Earl Grey & Lavender Scones. The frosting on top of the scone is lavender-flavored. The scones are soft and so good we have one every morning. Also, have you had the Earl Grey & Lavender ice cream at Universal? It's really good too.
That sounds delicious!
\We haven't been to US in YEARS. We can't seem to break away from Disney. 😁

Looks like a perfect birthday celebration. Good food and great friends-what more could a girl want! You all look wonderful. Belated birthday wishes to you. Can’t believe you go back again in less than a fortnight but oh so glad you do so you can share it all with us 🤣🥰👍
Thank you Moira!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you guys! Hopefully Geyser Point for drinks one night. ❤
That would be amazing!!!

That dinner looks utterly fantastic! Definitely adding it to the must fo list in December. 🙂
I totally would!!!!

Today was all about Flower and Garden but first the worst breakfast we have ever eaten on Disney property. It pains me to say this because this was one reservation we were really excited about. I'm sad to say Cape May Cafe was awful. Not only that, but we walked by during dinner last week and the entire area around the restaurant smelled like rotten fish. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating about it being the "worst" but it was just blah and there was nothing special about it. Our service was also pretty lackluster, which didn't help the experience. Anyway, I have some pictures of the food that I will include. My advice...If you are looking for a good TS breakfast on property, I highly recommend the Grand Floridian Cafe, Ale and Compass, and Olivia's. Topolino's food is terrific but if you are looking for a character meal, I'd wait until things are back to normal, whenever that will be...

Flower and Garden was amazing! It was a beautiful day and we were able to try a few of our favorites from years past as well as a few new to us items.

Let me tell you all a funny (yet gross) story. We popped into La Cava because it (the dining room) had recently reopened and Joe and I were craving the guac. We ordered margaritas and an order of the guac and chips. As we were enjoying our snack, a HUGE, I mean HUGE cockroach started scurrying towards our table (and my feet). Joe got up to try to shoo it away which was really funny. Our server noticed and brought us free tequila shots. I had already left the area because I was disgusted but Joe texted me to come back. So, I did just that. I couldn't turn down a free shot, lol! I know roaches are very common in Florida. BUT, I have only seen 1 in Disney in the 49 years I have been going and this one was HUGE!!!! Did I say that already??? It was HUGE!!!

Oh! I almost forgot! We ran into Nate from Paging Mr Morrow which was very cool. He was super sweet!!!

I also want to mention that our bestie @CruellaNY had surprised us with the coolest activity EVER!!! She had arranged for us to do a Scavenger Hunt in Epcot. We will be uploading an entire YouTube video all about it. We did that this day as well. and it was so much fun!!!! I didn't include anything about it here because it deserves a full vlog showcasing it. It also helped support a furloughed Disney cast member if any of you are interested. So, look for that coming up... 🙂 🙂 🙂 ❤ ❤ ❤

Next up, Joe and I Have dinner at Narcoossees with friends...

Last edited:
It pains me to say this because this was one reservation we were really excited about. I'm sad to say Cape May Cafe was awfu
I agree on this one, we ate here our last morning in June, while staying at the Yacht Club and I felt the same way! Very lackluster and our server was shall I say quite old and not very good. The service and food both poor in my opinion.
Ewwww to the uninvited guest at your feet, yuck!

I agree on this one, we ate here our last morning in June, while staying at the Yacht Club and I felt the same way! Very lackluster and our server was shall I say quite old and not very good. The service and food both poor in my opinion.
Ewwww to the uninvited guest at your feet, yuck!
We were so disappointed. It's a one-and-done for us until things get back to normal. At this rate, who knows when that will be!!!

Your breakfast at Cape May looks like the food that they serve at the counter service in the BC Marketplace. That is disappointing to hear that Cape May hasn't returned to normal yet.

That was probably a Palmetto bug that you saw at Cava. They are all over Florida, and yes, they are cockroaches. It was nice that they gave you free shots. :)

Would not waste money eating there. A one and done for us too. So many places nearby that offer much better food and service and totally agree it smells fishy of an evening.
I was literally gagging. The smell was not appetizing at all.

Your breakfast at Cape May looks like the food that they serve at the counter service in the BC Marketplace. That is disappointing to hear that Cape May hasn't returned to normal yet.

That was probably a Palmetto bug that you saw at Cava. They are all over Florida, and yes, they are cockroaches. It was nice that they gave you free shots. :)
Nope. It was a roach. It was also abour 2 inches long. I am very familiar with Palmetto bugs and this was not that, lol!!!

DRINKING AROUND WORLD SHOWCASE WITH FRIENDS AT EPCOT!

DISNEY'S EPCOT / EATING & DRINKING AROUND WORLD SHOWCASE

Hi Jenny!

Your Topolinos dinner looks so good! I still haven't gotten over there to try it but we have a reservation for October!

Yuck about that cockroach! I've seen one in Frontierland once while waiting to watch a parade and he was huge! But seeing him in a restaurant would have definitely turned my stomach 🤢 You needed that tequila shote after that!

Hi Jenny!

Your Topolinos dinner looks so good! I still haven't gotten over there to try it but we have a reservation for October!

Yuck about that cockroach! I've seen one in Frontierland once while waiting to watch a parade and he was huge! But seeing him in a restaurant would have definitely turned my stomach 🤢 You needed that tequila shote after that!
Hi Kelly!
Topolino's was a hit and I was so sad we couldn't get a reservation for next week's trip.
That's where I saw one too, but it was little and a lot less threatening, lol.
Aren't you going to Disney next week too??????

I'm sad to say Cape May Cafe was awful.

That's disappointing news.

I highly recommend the Grand Floridian Cafe, Ale and Compass, and Olivia's. Topolino's food is terrific but if you are looking for a character meal, I'd wait until things are back to normal, whenever that will be...

Good list. We're having Topolino's and Ale & Compass for breakfast next month. Both will be newbies for us.

As we were enjoying our snack, a HUGE, I mean HUGE cockroach started scurrying towards our table (and my feet).

:scared1: I wonder if he moved in while the seating area was closed and doesn't want to leave.

I also want to mention that our bestie @CruellaNY had surprised us with the coolest activity EVER!!! She had arranged for us to do a Scavenger Hunt in Epcot.

Very cool!

Narcoossee's was fantastic as always. We met friends there and were given a great window table with awesome views of the Contemporary Resort and Magic Kingdom. Unfortunately, I don't think I took a picture of this. ☹ On a brighter note, we started with drinks and I ordered a glass of the white sangria. I believe Joe had his go-to, an Old Fashion. For apps, Joe and I shared the Artisanal Cheeses, four tasting portions from around the world with prosciutto & accompaniments. This was very good, but a bit on the skimpy side. For our entrees, I ordered the Pan-seared Georges Bank Day Boat Scallops, Parisian-style Gnocchi, Peas, Ham, Truffled Meyer Lemon Cream. This was so delicious and very rich. But, I managed to eat the whole thing and I would've licked the plate clean, had no one been with me, lol. Joe had the Blackened Salmon, Corn and Hominy Succotash, Creamy Corn Purée, Piccalilli Relish, and Andouille Sausage. He loved this too but it's usually what he orders when we come here.

Next up, our Disney-employed son meets us at Olivia's for breakfast. We then pop over to the Wilderness Lodge to hang at our favorite outdoor lounge, Geyser Point...

1628098192439.png

1628098230212.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter