Extinct Disney foods that I truly miss

Another one here who deeply misses fettuccine Alfredo at Alfredo's! I had it with my family when I was 10 and I became obsessed! I have tried this dish at practically every restaurant I've ever been to and nothing compares! I even make it at home even though it's not as good.

I miss the burger and fixin's bar- especially the melty cheese and mushrooms- at Pecos Bill's, though the new Tex-Mex menu is very good. (of course I would go in there and eat nothing but guacamole...)

I was devastated last trip when we went to Sleepy Hollow to finally try the waffle sandwiches only to be told they stopped serving them a few weeks before!

Loved the Alfredo at Alfredo's. And the maple filet with sour cream mashed potatoes at Le Cellier was good, too.

Way back when Tusker House was a QS restaurant, they had a fried chicken sandwich that was awesome. Good carrot cake, too (not the pre-packaged stuff WDW does now).

I still have food pics from Spoodles back when it was a Mediterranean-inspired restaurant and they had a lot of interesting choices--too many to list, but they had a bread service with dipping sauces that was really good.

Yes to the Tuna Oscar at Kona, and also their panko-breaded shrimp and scallops entrée: 3 big shrimp with 6 grilled scallops with rice and seaweed salad. Given the price of scallops these days, that dish would probably run $40-$50 dollars now.

I feel a little like a hypocrite talking about how good these dishes were after just posting in another thread how WDW food is generally overrated. But IMHO it points out how it didn't used to be that way.

I'm in the Akershus crowd. It used to be top of our list but didn't even make the cut this time.

If I recall correctly, they had four different styles of herring, two of lox, Jarlsberg, Gjetost, and other cheeses, and then the veggies and hot dishes.

In 1976, I traveled to the Magic Kingdom with my parents and younger siblings. It was the bicentennial year, and I have a distinct memory of Mickey, Goofy and Donald, representing the "Spirit of 1776" painting, leading a Main Street parade.

My first trip was in March of that year :smooth: I'm Canadian, but I remember being impressed by all the bicentennial stuff, and remember the Mickey, Goofy and Donald logo that was on everything.

I still remember when Cinderella's Royal Table was King Stefan's, and they had an amazing prime rib dinner. Dessert was a choice of two types of crepes. I always got the chocolate one with a mint cream filling, topped with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. We actually bought a crepe maker to try to replicate it..... came close but it was never quite the same. That meal and especially the desert was a must do for every trip during my childhood.

California Grill was the Top of the World back then, and they had a great brunch.

More recently, I'm going to give the new Flying Fish a try, but I will always miss the steak and potato wrapped snapper duo.

I still mourn the removal of Coral Reef's Blackened Catfish - served over pepper jack cheese grits, with smoked tomato compote, balsamic glaze. Why??? The catfish are farmed in the Land Pavilion right there (sniff).
OMG YES. I had forgotten about this but I just knew I loved the Coral Reef whenever I went. This is what I used to have there lol.
When the butter was served at TS restaurants it was shaped like Mickey or Spaceship Earth I think in Epcot
this too! molded butter was so disney!
DD has been lamenting the loss of the fake cheese sauce from Cosmic Ray's and other places.
yes, plastic cheese. for me it was my favorite thing about pecos bills. I loved to sit there in the outside-in setting of the old west dipping my fries in ooey gooey unhealthy plastic cheese. siiiiiigh.
LTT used to have crabcakes appetizer (sigh)

A moment of silence for the loss of the crabcakes....
yes, I used to love those too!

I can't remember anything lately but thank you for taking me down memory lane with these mentions!

Fettucine Alfredo at Alfredo's for sure! Cream cheese pretzels- I am already sad I won't get on on this trip. I also miss the character dinner at LTT- one of my kids favorites- they loved Minnie's dress! We haven't been to LTT since they dropped the characters.

Most of mine have been mentioned - Beavertails at Epcot, Taco salad at Peco Bill's, Mainstreet Bakery. But I was really disappointed with the disappearance off the Port Orleans Riverside's pralines. Shamefully, I would sneak off from my family and enjoy one of these tasty morsels as I strolled around the grounds. Do they sell pralines anywhere else?

Everything. Pop. Breakfast. Pizza. It was the only breakfast item I ever ordered there, besides a waffle once, and now that it's gone I don't eat breakfast there anymore. Le sigh.

I still remember when Cinderella's Royal Table was King Stefan's, and they had an amazing prime rib dinner. Dessert was a choice of two types of crepes. I always got the chocolate one with a mint cream filling, topped with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. We actually bought a crepe maker to try to replicate it..... came close but it was never quite the same. That meal and especially the desert was a must do for every trip during my childhood.

It was Crepes Sherwood! It was amazing.

At Tony's they had Crepes Angelica, vanilla mousse filled with strawberry sauce and coconut on top. Later they changed the mousse to vanilla ice cream. That was the other favorite.

I also love the original Alfredo - even using the recipe from the Disney book it never turns out quite the same.

Pulled pork waffle fries at the Golden Oak Outpost in MK. Had them once, didn't get a chance to try them again since they were gone that fast!

I miss Aunt Polly's-cold fried chicken and giant pickles! they also had some great sammies. And- I did love the molded mickey butter- totally miss it now.

Beaver Tail!

Fortunately, I'm going to be in Banff in 12 days and the Beaver Tail shop on Banff Avenue is definitely on our agenda.

Thinking about this makes me weep. My first trip to Epcot with DW (my 2nd trip) I bought a beaver tail and man, I was in love, especially the way I love pastries. Had I only known what was to come, I would have eaten 10 more. That is the only time I ever had one. After that, they disappeared, never to be seen or tasted agayne. It saddens me still, and my half Canadian brother in law still questions that they were there at all. But us DISers know the truth!!! :sad:

GF Café used to have this amazing Chili Sundae
Main St Bakery - the Gigantic Lemon Chiffon cake, I have dreams about it.
Concourse Steakhouse - Boy do I miss this restaurant and the Wave is a poor substitute. It was reasonably priced and at breakfast they had the Sticky Mickey. The waiter would put a hole in the middle and pour in the hot caramel, cinnamon sauce.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter