*Exchangers-Come and join us for the QOTD & Chat w/us* Part 2-Our New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any problems that I know of. The smoke from the fires in Mexico a couple of years ago did not bother me. Cigarette smoke doesn't either, I just don't like to breathe it.

Yes I have asthma and any wood burning bothers me, cigarette smoke to a point but not as bad.

Cigarette smoke really bothers me also, I get really bad headaches from smelling the smoke. I hate it when I'm on vacation and others are smoking on their balconies and the smoke is blowing onto ours and into our room, that's when we have the door open, so we keep our door closed most of the time.

Campfires don't seem to bother me.

Cigarette smoke really gets to me these days. If I receive something in the mail that came from a house or place with smoke, and the items smell like smoke, it gets tossed. :( I sometimes start to sneeze since it bothers me.

If you were to make a gingerbread house, what types of candies or other treat would you use to decorate with?

The roof, side of the house, around the house....

I have asthma so fires and burning smells bother it as well as cold dry weather. As for gingerbread houses, I tend to use M&M's gummies, jujubes, and anything else that catches my eye.

If you were to make a gingerbread house, what types of candies or other treat would you use to decorate with?

I've never made one but probably M&M's, peppermints, stuff like that.

This made me smile, because our DGC decorated small gingerbread houses with me at Thanksgiving. The decorations were all gummy things and 90% never made it to the houses. They decorated with the icing that was supposed to act as glue, the sweet candies went in their tummies!

I've used "typical" things like Necco waffers, gumdrops, peppermints and licorice.

Bobbi:goodvibes

If you were to prepare a "big" breakfast for your family, what would you make? Pancakes, waffles, sausages, french toast, fruits, bagels....?

I would do a full English breakfast (seen as I am English!!) So that would consist of: Back bacon, sausages, fried egg, grilled tomato, mushrooms, beans, black pudding, hash browns and fried bread. Then this would be washed down with some English breakfast tea (leaf tea, not tea bags.)

A big breakfast would consist of eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast. A bigger breakfast would include grits.

Cigarette smoke really bothers me also, I get really bad headaches from smelling the smoke. I hate it when I'm on vacation and others are smoking on their balconies and the smoke is blowing onto ours and into our room, that's when we have the door open, so we keep our door closed most of the time.

Campfires don't seem to bother me.

Same here.

If you were to prepare a "big" breakfast for your family, what would you make? Pancakes, waffles, sausages, french toast, fruits, bagels....?

We enjoy a bagel, hashbrowns, a breakfast meat, (bacon, sausage or ham) and a cheese omlet. Something like that is our usual weekend breakfasts. We do like to go to IHOP when we're in Orlando, (no IHOP here) and get one of their senior meals that include eggs, meat and pancakes.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Christmas dinner is going to be green salad, rolls, roast pork, sweet potatoes, gravy, corn, and cheesecake for dessert.
Haven't planned New Year's yet.....probably roast beef. It will only be 2 of us for that.

Never made one, I don't like gingerbread.

Depends on how many people would be there. Probably a little of everything.

What are you planning on having for your Christmas dinner, and New Year dinner?

Ham, mashed potatoes, veggies, gravy, stuffing, rolls.

What are you planning on having for your Christmas dinner, and New Year dinner?
We had pizza for our Christmas dinner for my side of the family. We celebrated it last Tuesday. We worked around my son's schedule and it was just easier to order out then to cook a meal on a workday.

For Christmas day, I have no clue. We will be traveling to San Antonio and probably eat a sandwich before we leave or have a big late breakfast. We are having my husband's side of the family Christmas on Saturday and I have no idea what his sister has planned. I'm bringing Sugar/Spice Pecans for munchies and cold salad fixings to whip together that morning.

New Year's Day - definately blackeyed peas for good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter