Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

Can I go to a park after 2:00 pm for an ADR if I did not have any park reservation for that day?
If you have a park hopper ticket, yes, as long as you have already visited the park you did have a reservation for.

Clarification: A guest MUST have a park reservation at a park and have visited that park in order to hop to another park.

If you’re unable to secure a park reservation at any park you are not able to go to any park that day.

Last edited:
Can I go to a park after 2:00 pm for an ADR if I did not have any park reservation for that day?
If you have a park hopper ticket, yes, as long as you have already visited the park you did have a reservation for.
If you did not have any park reservation for the day, you could not have already visited the park that you had a reservation for. So, the answer should be No. If you do not have any park reservation, you cannot enter any park. Otherwise, APs wouldn't need park reservations at all.

If you did not have any park reservation for the day, you could not have already visited the park that you had a reservation for. So, the answer should be No. If you do not have any park reservation, you cannot enter any park. Otherwise, APs wouldn't need park reservations at all.
Yes, that makes sense. I'm here now and can't get in a Park all week long. I was looking for a way to get in EPCOT in the evening. I have 3 park reservations next week so I can't make anymore as an AP holder.

Yes, that makes sense. I'm here now and can't get in a Park all week long. I was looking for a way to get in EPCOT in the evening. I have 3 park reservations next week so I can't make anymore as an AP holder.
There are many people there this week who have tickets or APs and don't have park reservations, from what I've heard. I don't think they could let them all get in by making ADRs and still pay any heed to park capacity limits.

There are many people there this week who have tickets or APs and don't have park reservations, from what I've heard. I don't think they could let them all get in by making ADRs and still pay any heed to park capacity limits.
Yes, it's very busy. Like pre-covid days. Thanks

I know there were concerns about adding hopping on site this week, just letting everyone know I have a vacation package this week and added hopping to my tickets at the park guest relations this morning. CM had no problems doing it but had to reset a gate price for the tickets before charging the correct price for the upgrade.

Update:

Tuesday, Mar 16, 2021 @ 2:00

All park reservations at capacity.

PARK HOPPING IS ALLOWED.

Since this has been the case for all 4 days since Park Reservation capacity was reached, I won't be updating this daily. If Park Hopping is not allowed to one or more parks at some point, you'll be sure to find that information here as I'm sure someone will post it.

That’s great news thank you for sharing! I was able to add PH to 2 of my tickets via a call, but have not been successful in adding 2 more online! Hopefully I will have the same experience as you when we arrive next week!

A little tidbit my TA told me in the event you don't call the hotline - if a park is at capacity for hopping they will let you know at the bus stop but with everyone having smartphones, I don't think that would be an issue.

Apologies if asked elsewhere. In the past I thought I could always add-on PH option to our base tickets any point up until our trip started. We will be there 4/1-4-10, and I've already paid the entire balance for the trip/package. As I'm seeing they are expanding park hours some I tried to add on PH to our tickets using the "Change" feature on Disney's website and it spins a wheel but doesn't give me the option to change the tickets. Am I out of luck? Maybe I should just call them directly. Thanks!

Apologies if asked elsewhere. In the past I thought I could always add-on PH option to our base tickets any point up until our trip started. We will be there 4/1-4-10, and I've already paid the entire balance for the trip/package. As I'm seeing they are expanding park hours some I tried to add on PH to our tickets using the "Change" feature on Disney's website and it spins a wheel but doesn't give me the option to change the tickets. Am I out of luck? Maybe I should just call them directly. Thanks!
I would recommend calling. Please let us know how it goes.

If you're unable to add the park hoppers when calling, you may still want to ask when you're there. There was a report here this week of someone able to add it at Guest Services this week even though all 4 parks are at capacity for park reservations.

Interesting. I will be there 4/1-4/2 and called today to add PH to my tickets. The Cast Member I spoke to recommended I not do it because she said on 4/1, the only park showing availability was Epcot, and on 4/2 there was no availability. She said I should not add the PH option now because if it's not allowed on the days I am there, I will not get a refund. This conflicts with other info I've seen on this board... so now I am confused! Is park hopping allowed even if parks are at capacity? The person I spoke with today seemed to believe it was not...

Interesting. I will be there 4/1-4/2 and called today to add PH to my tickets. The Cast Member I spoke to recommended I not do it because she said on 4/1, the only park showing availability was Epcot, and on 4/2 there was no availability. She said I should not add the PH option now because if it's not allowed on the days I am there, I will not get a refund. This conflicts with other info I've seen on this board... so now I am confused! Is park hopping allowed even if parks are at capacity? The person I spoke with today seemed to believe it was not...

I called yesterday and was able to add to my 2 day tix no questions. There is no park res availability on the first 2 days my tix are good for, but there IS on the last 2, so I'm thinking that's why she didn't say anything?
(Those aren't the days I'll be using the hopping, but I'm happy she did it.)

Based on the reports of hopping being available this busy week, I'd want it added.

The information you were given is not correct. Even though a park is at capacity for park reservations, this does not mean that you will not be able to hop to it.

This week is a perfect example. All 4 parks have been at capacity every single day since Saturday and yet park hopping has been allowed all of these days. I have called the PH Hotline each day and each day it has said that PH is allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter