EVERYONE who hates the new AP program!

4orm

DIS Veteran
Lets email guest services and let them know! The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If they know how many people are outraged they will change things. It does make a difference to them if so many regular guest are unhappy. Get writing, call-in, let your voice be heard

4orm said:
Lets email guest services and let them know! The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If they know how many people are outraged they will change things. It does make a difference to them if so many regular guest are unhappy. Get writing, call-in, let your voice be heard

Already done! :banana:

I emailed guest services AND the contact us thing for the passholder website.

I expressed my concerns, likes and dislikes as well as some suggestions on how to make everyone happy.

I also emailed them my likes and dislikes. A definite need for change for the policy, but my dislike for the strictness of the rules. There needs to be a middle ground.

I emailed them from the annual passholders website under the "contact" us button before I even got on the Boards today. Today is 120 days out for our trip. My husband and I are taking his neice and her four kids. We need two rooms. I asked if Disney has changed their view of the worth or value of annual passholders. I lamented the loss of my Disney Magazine. I stated that we are in our 50's and looking forward to taking as many neices and nephews to feel, share, experience the Disney Magic. These changes also put to rest the last minute 'see if you can get an AP room discount, cheap airfare is on internet and let's get some Disney Magic'. My husband just took on such a trip for my birthday last month. It was good while it lasted........I'm just going to hold tight and wait......smiles to everyone

I am not sure I can hate something that I am not even sure what the specifics are. I think this is all a little premature. Even the Disney CMs don't seem to have all the answers yet. I need to see how much the discount is going to be to see if this program warrants my involvement. If the discount is really good, I don't have a problem with the cancellation policy.

If you feel this program does not fit your needs, then don't use it. Why would you want to take it away from those that can benefit from it?

You can still book the way you used to with the same cancellations, etc. You just won't get the bigger discount.

guys, just make sure that you are clear on the fact that this is a new program and that the Passholder Best Rate Guarantee is NOT the same thing as AP codes! They are 2 separate things entierly. They have not said that ALL AP rate bookings must be made 120 days in advance nor have they said that ALL AP rate bookings will have a nonrefundable deposit....just thing this program has those terms. Yes, it's possible that they could make these policies apply to all code bookings, but I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised to see a stricter deposit/cancellation policy in place on code booking but not necissarily nonrefundable. I seriously doubt they will say no code rates available less than 120 days out...they know passholders are more likely to make a last minute trip since they don't have to pay for new tickets. It is just this program where they will automatically drop your rate without you having to call that will require 120 day advance notice. I'm sure it's to identify what bookings will have a price drop. They know AP holders have been making ressies and intending to drop the rate for years, this will just help them identify some of those that will be affected by the rate drop in advance.

I agree that this is not perfect and there are lots of questions that need answering, just make sure you understand that Disney has not come out and said that this is the only way AP rates can be booked in the future or that these policies will apply to ALL AP rate reservations.

I'm thinking the specifics may be this...book 120 days out and be guaranteed the best available rate, so we don't have to keep calling back and checking on rates.

That being said, I also hope they keep some sort of system similar to the current system. You see, we drive to WDW, and I allow an "extra day" on the road in case of car trouble or bad road/weather conditions. Being a DVC member, the only way I use the AP room discount is like this: if we know we are arriving a day early for our DVC ressie, we stop in Ocala and reserve the first night at a value resort using the AP discount. I have no problem paying the ressie in full at Ocala at the time of booking...but I do hope there will still be some "last minute" discounted ressies available.

4orm said:
I have already done that.Let's get everybody to do it or we'll take a trip to Universal!!!

Wow, I am SO GLAD that we didn't purchase AP's, since we were only considering it BECAUSE of the potential discounted room rates. :sad2:

Guess this was bound to happen, eventually. I don't see how they can justify the NONREFUNDABLE deposit. You should have the same refund policy as any OTHER vacation resort.....maybe refundable up to 45days prior to arrival (like the WDTC packages)......

JMO :teeth:

I love the new AP plan LOL I guess it is more because I have no use for an AP though and would never think of using it especially with DVC. And DVC gets a nice 100 dollars off the AP for our discount.

What a shame, CharlesTD, that you are DVC and can't spend enough days at Disney in one year to justify the discounted AP purchase just for theme park admission :( We're DVC and are thrilled with the AP discount, we were buying them at full price because we were spending enough days in the parks. That being said, I hope there are still some last minute AP discounts that will be available as we often arrive a day early for our DVC ressie and get a room at POP - AP rate for that first night. We stop in Ocala and book it on the way.

Laurajean1014 said:
Can someone list the changes?
There are no changes per se to anything we currently have available to us as AP holders. What's happening is that Disney has introduced a new program that guarantees an AP holder the best possible room rate in exchange for booking at least 120 days ahead of time and paying for the first night at time of booking as a nonrefundable deposit. The problem is, the new program was announced on Friday and there are a lot of unanswered questions at the moment that we won't have answers to until next week. One of the biggest questions is, are we guaranteed at least some sort of discount? because it appears we would be booking at rack rate and waiting and hoping that a discount is made available at some point prior to our trip...!

For a wonderfully written summary of what's known and what's still unclear about this new program, look at Lollipop Mom's post (#256) in this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=840378&page=18&pp=15

Maybe it is getting a year older...being at work...on my birthday.

But I am so upset about this. We are a 3 adult family so we need 2 rooms. As I read it...under this new policy we won't be able to book 2 rooms with one person having an AP.

Yes...I was going to buy an AP hoping for discounts and thinking that maybe would go back within the year.

Right now I just want to cancel everything....I don't want to go to Disney and feel like a walking $ and be treated like that. I can go other places if I want to feel like that.

Sorry...I am upset.

Meezers,

This isn't replacing the AP system we are use to, but adding a new promotion that AP holders can take advantage of. You will still beable to call and make your reservations and then call back later to apply your AP discount.

For those people who are making there reservations atleast 120 days out who don't want to mess with calling back and trying to apply an AP code, by taking part in this promotion, there is no need to call when the rates come out. They will automatically add the discounted rate to your reservation without having to call.

Gosh I hope so...I know I have alot of stuff going on right now...but I just wanted to (and did) cry.

It is worth considering using caution with regard to any information we read online. In this case, there are more than 10 threads about this, many of which began with the assumption that something was being taken away instead of what appears to be the reality -- that something is being added.

Chuck we spend on average 2 weeks a year at Disney we just don't do Disney the entire time. We spend days out at the coast both coasts actually. We do waterpark days and our shopping days so we only go to the pars for 5 days during our 2 weeks. We will venture over to Sea World for a day then go and take the kids shelling at the beach usually Shell Key Island near St Petes and then over to Cocoa Beach and Meritt Island for the mantee and wild life refuge the kids are big nature buffs so we make it very educational for them we actually havbe them do a project on teh places and wildlife etc we see. We also do a dolphin cruise and I do a fishing trip while there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter