Epcot to get major transformations

I already think Epcot is family friendly. La Cava keeps our family friendly:)

post-59627-so-thats-how-it-is-in-their-fa-t1vS.jpeg

Someone mentioned it earlier and I think it should still hold true. Hopefully Epcot is still the most "adult" park out of them all. Although when I was a kid it seemed the only kid-friendly park was magic kingdom though

Yeah, I don't understand peoples complaints here. When I had kids, we went through World Showcase during the day and stayed on FW side at night. Then, now that our kids are drinking age, we go to FW during the day, and WS at night. PLanning is all you need to do. And even though our planning has changed, and we go often, I too have never seen anyone "vomit" in WS. Seen it a bunch in every other park and around mission space, but still never at WS.

I'm excited by the news that they will plan to stick to the original concept of EPCOT. As an eight year old when it opened, I just loved the whole park even the WS. Of course, back then, each pavilion wasn't a cookie cutter souvenir shop. You could actually buy real warez from the host country. I still have my die cast Boeing Germania, and Hapag Lloyd planes I bought (with my hard earned allowance) in Germany....when you could boy toys made in Germany there!

My kids (4 1/2) loved Epcot this past trip. We spent the second most amount of time there after the Magic Kingdom.

I agree, 100%. I just get tired of hearing Disney is just for kids.. Those people are blind and need to open their eyes, that's all. My point was taking alcohol away in any form from Epcot would change the very nature of what it has become. It isn't a place to get trashed, but it is a place to try drinks from around the world and have a good time. Besides, kids are still mostly bored with the World Showcase, regardless of what beverage is served there.

Epcot is not for adults. Epcot is not for kids. Epcot is for families. Don't get me wrong, the last thing I want anyone to think is adults without children can't enjoy Epcot. On the contrary, I can't fathom anyone not liking Epcot. That doesn't mean the WS is meant to be adult focused. Kids can get bored in the WS because there wasn't as much for them to do (compared to other areas of WDW). That is why FEA and characters in the countries have been such great additions.

Hey, if a man wants to wear woman's underwear, I say more power to him, do whatever makes him happy. But, he shouldn't be upset and demand that lingerie manufactures change the way they make their product just because it doesn't fit him quite right. Lets let everyone enjoy Epcot and if you need more of an adult focused play land, maybe try Las Vegas. It has fake countries, rides, better food and drinks, and much more.

="mcjaco, post: 56775225, member: 157638"Of course, back then, each pavilion wasn't a cookie cutter souvenir shop. You could actually buy real warez from the host country. I still have my die cast Boeing Germania, and Hapag Lloyd planes I bought (with my hard earned allowance) in Germany....when you could boy toys made in Germany there!

I was a bit surprised, I'll admit, to see that the drum we bought in Mexico, was indeed [labelled] made in Mexico. Now, the "African" instrument we bought in Animal Kingdom had a lovely Made in China (or Pakistan, one of the two) sticker on the bottom. That was a bit disappointing.

I'm excited by the news that they will plan to stick to the original concept of EPCOT. As an eight year old when it opened, I just loved the whole park even the WS. Of course, back then, each pavilion wasn't a cookie cutter souvenir shop. You could actually buy real warez from the host country. I still have my die cast Boeing Germania, and Hapag Lloyd planes I bought (with my hard earned allowance) in Germany....when you could boy toys made in Germany there!

My kids (4 1/2) loved Epcot this past trip. We spent the second most amount of time there after the Magic Kingdom.

You can buy real ware from host countries. They all something in common. Made in China.

Years ago I bought a nice made in Norway sweater. The last time I went in there a large number of items were made in China. Turned around and walked out. Same thing in United Kingdom.

Granted this was from screamscape so please take this with a grain of salt but they are saying this is going to dwarf the effort given to California adventures redo

Granted this was from screamscape so please take this with a grain of salt but they are saying this is going to dwarf the effort given to California adventures redo
Screamscape got that from a wdwmagic poster because he said the same exact same thing. He also said that this hasn't been approved yet so many things can and will change.

I wouldn't mind IP in FW. I agree that they have a lot of things that fit. Everything doesn't need to be (and, IMO shouldn't be) a "thrill" ride though. If they truly do want to honor the original concept, it should be engaging, learning opportunities. Those can be just as exciting if done well, and I am fully confident Imagineers can do it well given the opportunity (and money). Look at all of the Makerspaces going into schools and libraries. Imagine what Disney could do! There are plenty of places throughout WDW to do a ride. It'd be nice to see EPCOT as it should be, something different, offering adults and kids a chance to gain knowledge and understanding and experience new things hands on.

I'm in the camp that would like to see WS stay true to concept, too. I don't mind a ride like Mexico where you learn about the country. We don't need fake rides though...Frozen. Again, there are plenty of other opportunities like that throughout the rest of the parks. My 6yo loved WS. I only wish there had been more learning opportunities for him. And, honestly, I bet some documentarian would update these movies. There are ways they could do it for cheap or free...like running a contest for film majors or aspiring film makers. If Disney is screening it, they still control the content (i.e. factual information).

Our kids need to learn how to value all forms of entertainment. They should be interested in learning about the world, and STEAM is already a huge concept, growing more all of the time. I loved EPCOT as a kid, and I think most of us did back then. My son liked what was there, and he sure as heck would've loved it if it was full. If people don't like what EPCOT was, is meant to be, and hopefully will be again, then spend time at the other parks. That is the beauty of WDW. The parks are all different, allowing people to get a taste of everything, and, hopefully, find and really enjoy what they love the most.

IP can work only IF they use it to tell new stories based in SCIENCE...

The thing we all need to understand but nobody seems to be interested in anymore...and it was the defining story of the 20th century and is more important now than ever.

The problem with the nemo is that it does the standard retelling of movies using a dark ride...it needed to be "infotainment" to maintain any of the soul of EPCOT.

They need to do it correctly...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter