Embarkation Lunch - Where do you go?

Where do you typically go for Embarkation Lunch?

• Main Dining Room Sit Down Embarkation Lunch

Votes: 71 37.2%
  • Concierge Embarkation Lunch

Votes: 19 9.9%
  • Buffet (Cabanas/Marceline Market) Embarkation Lunch

Votes: 95 49.7%
  • Tend to skip embarkation lunch

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters
What is the favorite to order from the MDR embarkation lunch menu? Cruising soon and would love to try it this time😊
The beef empanada is tasty! I've done that and the leek and potato soup for a meal and dessert. Both carrot cake and the sundae. I got the muffuletta sandwich last time.

What is the favorite to order from the MDR embarkation lunch menu? Cruising soon and would love to try it this time😊
I order the seafood and chicken gumbo starter, followed by the grilled salmon salad. I enjoy the seafood on board. DW always has the sliced roasted beef sirloin, no starter at lunch for her.

We do the MDR lunch so we can relax. Last time I just wanted a light lunch so just had the chicken caesar salad and wasn't planning to have a dessert, but DH wanted the Welcome Aboard sundae. Our server asked if I wanted a Mickey bar, and I think that might become a new tradition!

My wife is gluten intolerant so Cabanas is the only realistic option on day one. The kids like Cabanas too as it's a bit of a ritual to go there on day 1.

After that you can pre order gluten free options for the restaurant lunches for the following days at your evening MDR so we do that, and the kids do Cabanas or one of the pool deck takeaways/room service for their lunches.

The beef empanada is tasty! I've done that and the leek and potato soup for a meal and dessert. Both carrot cake and the sundae. I got the muffuletta sandwich last time.
This is what I do as well - empanada and leek and potato soup plus dessert. I usually don’t want a big entree (and actually there are dinners where I just want a few appetizers instead of an entree), so this works well for me.

We've done concierge lunch once, and the regular MDR lunch once, mostly to avoid the chaos/crowds and because we bring our own carryons onboard instead of checking them at the terminal. But I think we'll try either Marceline Market or the pool deck options next time. The entrees were incredibly mediocre and it felt like the service was really slow, my food was cold when it was served. Hoping with an early enough PAT, the buffet won't be too crazy. Maybe we'll just check our bags even though we usually just bring one carryon per person.

We’ve done both, but prefer the buffet since it takes less time, the kids get antsy and we like the variety of food options better than the sit down lunch menu

I skip the appetizers and soup and go straight to entrees.

1st cruise I had
Pennette Pasta

2nd cruise I had
Muffulette Sandwich
Kids Chicken Tenders

Carrot cake

I didnt really like the Muffulette Sandwich, but loved the other two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter